Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:23:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Dagger infoz  (Read 5704 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:04:15 am »

Was just curious if its safe to make the upper ranks of the dagger. Can the new code handle 30 mil backstabs?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:02 am »

Was just curious if its safe to make the upper ranks of the dagger. Can the new code handle 30 mil backstabs?

Don't think so.. when damage mods are applied it still rolls over before then

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:31:07 am »

Before the source update: 60 to 70% of my backstabs with 6.0 300 hp damage or less. After the source code update 60 to 70% of my backstabs 300 hp damage or less. But I dont think this is a rollover issue. I think its an issue Sony fixed live around SoF or SoD or so that found its way here with updates but hasnt been fixed. And no, I dont know what it was....just remember rogues bitching then celebrating during that time about backstab damage.

Either way my rogue sits unplayed. Ranger, monk, pet classes way better ST dps.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:26:07 am »

Before the source update: 60 to 70% of my backstabs with 6.0 300 hp damage or less. After the source code update 60 to 70% of my backstabs 300 hp damage or less. But I dont think this is a rollover issue. I think its an issue Sony fixed live around SoF or SoD or so that found its way here with updates but hasnt been fixed. And no, I dont know what it was....just remember rogues bitching then celebrating during that time about backstab damage.

The source update did not change the upper limits for damage. What was fixed recently was the Daggerfall effect going to worn and 1/3 of the values. The 1000% increase in backstabs was causing the rollover. ~125k weapon x 101 = ~12.6 mil backstab base. This would only affect one backstab and then go on cooldown. The new buff form is permanent and affects ALL backstabs (but is ~1/3 of the original value). This should no longer be an issue until we hit T15 or so (guesstimating based on weapon damage and effect scaling).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 11:28:48 am »

Ever since the rogue epic switched to being a worn effect within the last month, my rogue triple backstabs for 500k-800k with the t8 dagger, so rogue is doing just fine now chunk. Smiley
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:22 pm »

Gotta wonder what I'm doin wrong then, because my rogue's backstab damage is pathetic.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »

Gotta wonder what I'm doin wrong then, because my rogue's backstab damage is pathetic.

You do have the rogue class aug equipped, right?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »

my rogue has my xp mask....damage be damned that man stays in the lineup.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 03:38:26 am »

UW2 stabs for about 1,3 mil without duelist - 3 mil with duelist.

That's after the worn change. Before that the stabs were weaker.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 226