Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 12:33:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T7 Boss Chains  (Read 27061 times)
Peign
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:41 am »

Has something changed with the T7 boss chains?     6 months or so ago I used to consistently be able to get chains up to Wrath +.    Now, I spent 7 hours or so in there and only got 3 Wrath chains and only 1 sloth.     Maybe this is bad RNG but I've spoken with a few people that have experienced the same. 

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:33:31 am »

I'm getting very few bats spawning, and when I do it seems about 25% chance of spawning a chain. But once the chain has started it seems to continue well on average. hardest thing is getting the bats and getting the 2nd boss after.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 09:36:49 am »

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:35:58 am »

To reply to this thread (for the millionth time lol),

I copy/pasted Hunter's boss spawning chances. I did INCREASE the chance for minis to spawn and doubled chance for trash to spawn. I also changed trap timers from 1h on ANY roll (even a failed roll means trap is down for 1h) to varying times (with boss spawns only being the 1h lockdown). Most of the traps were given a significantly larger area too to help create a more volatile experience.

tl;dr - Chance for bosses is the same. Chance for boss after boss is the same.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Peign
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:39:17 am »

To reply to this thread (for the millionth time lol),

I copy/pasted Hunter's boss spawning chances. I did INCREASE the chance for minis to spawn and doubled chance for trash to spawn. I also changed trap timers from 1h on ANY roll (even a failed roll means trap is down for 1h) to varying times (with boss spawns only being the 1h lockdown). Most of the traps were given a significantly larger area too to help create a more volatile experience.

tl;dr - Chance for bosses is the same. Chance for boss after boss is the same.

-Hate

Ok thanks,  did not see the other threads.    Guess just bad RNG or I just hate T7.

Thanks again
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 02:52:44 pm »

There is a drastic loss in spawns, it seemed to happen around when the source code updated.  I would guesstimate that you need 3-4 clears to get the same amount of bosses you previously obtained in a single clear
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:38:13 pm »

I have been doing T7 clears as of late. I think the zone is working as intended and it is just the RNG. I know I had 8 bats up (1 from trap) and 7 from SDs. I think only 1-2 of those did not go all the way to Greed. I think I spoke with Peign who was also running T7 at the time, who was not having much luck with bat/bosschains/Wrath spawns. The next time I ran T7, I got 5 bats with a full clear and only 3 went all the way to Greed. Usually average 4-6 bats per clear and about 3-5 chains that go all the way up to Greed. I guess I am lucky compared to some.

However... damn RNG on boots....see tons of Chest patterns dropping but even in /ooc ppl are looking for the T7 boot patterns over other items. 'Haters gonna hate and RNG is a Hater!'

Mix
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 03:56:57 pm »

Prior to the source update you would see ~ 4-5 sloths a clear, now you are lucky to get 2.  If it is supposed to be the same as it was previous, it is not working as intended
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 04:42:18 pm »

This has nothing to do with the source update. The entire spawning system for this zone is handled through Perl. Perl has not changed. Even if we updated perl to another version (which I cannot remember if we did), they have not changed the rand() function in any significant way in a while. The entire system relies on int(rand(100)) to generate a number 0-99 and then compare that number to the EXACT SAME NUMBERS FROM HUNTER'S SCRIPT.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 05:52:09 pm »

The only thing I can think of is the delay thing that was messing with t5 spawns for a bit when the new connection, making the triggers fire too quickly for them to be read properly. But I'm pretty sure you said you copied the delay over to t7 already, and I have yet to see a Stone Dropper chain fail to spawn the Stone Dropper (clearing the trash). I been gone too long to comment on this too much, other than to say T7 has always been pretty RNG heavy, and after coming back I have about a 40% success rate of "good t7 clears".  As long as it's just RNG being a bitch and not the spawn cycle breaking on top of RNG being a bitch  Wink
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 06:00:24 pm »

Yeah, I worked T7 the last week or so for a few days. They're right, Hate, the spawn is pretty fubar. I thought it was just my bad RNG, but consistently getting "bad rng" along with the rest of the people seeing issues has me wondering.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »

Can't help it!!!!!!!!

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »

I did a run the other day and only ened up with 3 bats in 4 hours it was horrible. when i was running with my guild a few months back we woul clear the zone and the chains would start spawning and it was a good ammount to try and keep up ... now its "hey is something going to spawn"
Viciouss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 07:45:10 am »

Confirming what everyone else has posted. Did 5-6 clears over the last few days and only got 2-4 bats each one, if it wasn't for trap bats, I'd probably have cried.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:24 am »

Its not just the low number of bats for me.....its also that the chain seldom gets past Lust.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 261