Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:28:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas  (Read 28783 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 04:44:37 pm »

Ok fine..you want it fixed...lets fix it..

all epics should be augs..right out of the gate.. let people farm weapons add the aug they want....fun fun fun..

warriors need some form of AE aggro out of the gate. (See Aug)

give druids some weak form of skin either as a spell or effect on epic (current ae/snare sucks half the mobs cant be snared and the rest resist the effect at higher levels) small window around t5 where the druid can land his epic and not snare himself in the process

switch cleric epic from a heal to hp balance+small heal(fast reload on this)... no reason for pally and cleric to be the same...

wizard epic is useless...make it summon a familiar (+damage/-agro/secondary cast proc.. or something that is actually useful...the rune is a joke...)

Monk epic...I don't even really understand what this is supposed to be used for? does it cure the monk? does it cure the target? i dunno I never click mine...monk just punches shit...

Pally....love my pally awesome heals and moderate dps...perfect...this is my main healer in my main group..

rogue ... my favorit dps toon...no reason to change..as you progress BS becomes less of a factor but whatever...love them rogue stabbins..

BL/SK/NEC dont play them...no idea....I am sure they are awesome..

Enchanter....pet is a beast in 8.0 but damage is moderate at best ..even with mana neck and all the clickys the main point of chanter is ROA and VT...good class well done...

Mage ... another pet class with decent nuke...epic pet is epicish i guess....mostly use for COH and I guess damage sheild when plvling..20k proc even if it was a 100k proc or whatever means nothing when mobs regen is so high and have so many hps..might as well be 1 damage..no where near NS damage I dont care what you do so if its not a dps class what is it? anyone?

So in order to balance out the beginning we can look at adding and or modifying a bunch of content...OR we can just make the epics augs to start and up newb dps and change some skills around to be more useful on epics.. with our crack development team (you do an awesome job so not meaning to make a dig) lets try to find the simple solution instead of trying to redevelop entire zones for people that are in them for 1-5 days before the move on...

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »

I am actually considering an overview of all the classes eventually. I am just trying to work with Love to hammer out these  dungeons right now.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

Great input balidet, thanks!
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 11:38:17 pm »

I am actually considering an overview of all the classes eventually. I am just trying to work with Love to hammer out these  dungeons right now.

-Hate

I'm scared
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 01:29:32 am »

Hate-

I am totally not complaining far as I am concerned leave it as it is...but if people want to make it "smoother" to start then some of what  I said may help..

Please continue with what you are doing....as I rapidly approach t9 (small set back....backfarming charm/aug/uw to  max before stepping into t9) I look forward to more content!

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 06:51:57 pm »

Since my last post, I have progressed through LDON and Qvic and made a few notes along the way about some potential changes that could remedy player frustration experienced throughout this content: I really do not have too many suggestions though because for the most part, the transition from LDON to Qvic seems really smooth. The transition could be made even smoother with some of the suggestions I made in earlier posts.

Suggestions (brief)
Change armor drop in Qvic
Add "special" drops to LDON and Qvic
Make epic augments all have similar effects

Suggestions

Change armor drop in Qvic

It seems like the most frustrating aspect of Qvic players deal with is the rng armor drops required for progression. I propose that Qvic armor drops be made more like the later tier drops (t8, t6) in that specific bosses drop a specific slot. The bosses in the caves could drop the legs and breastplates as those are the items with the most stats.

Add "special" drops to Plane of time, LDON, and Qvic

To my knowledge, these "special" items were added to T1+. Why not start earlier and add these items to Plane of time, LDON, and Qvic?

Make epic augments all have similar effects

Some of the earlier versions of epics have obscure effects e.g. the warrior epic 3.0 anger clicky, the Mage 2.0 and 2.5 epic pet buff, Enchanter epic rune spells, etc. If these effects were changed to lesser forms of the later augment effects, the epics would prove much more helpful during this progression phase.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 07:28:14 pm »

Every single time, Hulkpunch, puts up an idea for making things "smoother"  all I read is "dumb-down-the-content- and-make-it-super-easy-so-that-we-have-to-roll-out-new-content-every-three-months".....or is it just me?

I read this statement:
Ironically, as I progress through the early stages of progression, I am actually finding the game play more difficult than later tier game play; therefore, the argument that if people do not learn how to play now they will not be able to handle the game play later on can be completely thrown out.

This is so far from true, it is comical! How the hell is Qvic or CT harder than t8 or t9 gear for gear?  That is just stupid and discredits EVERYTHING else you say.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:35:34 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Peign
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »

Every single time, Hulkpunch, puts up an idea for making things "smoother"  all I read is "dumb-down-the-content- and-make-it-super-easy-so-that-we-have-to-roll-out-new-content-every-three-months".....or is it just me?

I read this statement:
Ironically, as I progress through the early stages of progression, I am actually finding the game play more difficult than later tier game play; therefore, the argument that if people do not learn how to play now they will not be able to handle the game play later on can be completely thrown out.

This is so far from true, it is comical! How the hell is Qvic or CT harder than t8 or t9 gear for gear?  That is just stupid and discredits EVERYTHING else you say.

+1k
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 09:09:04 pm »

This is so far from true, it is comical! How the hell is Qvic or CT harder than t8 or t9 gear for gear?  That is just stupid and discredits EVERYTHING else you say.

...how is t8 or t9 at all difficult? Skin like drake tank pull mobs ae with zerkers rinse repeat. Sorry you did not understand my comments.

Reaching the later tiers of the game is not at all a measure of skill despite many players believing it to be, it is just a measure of the time you have invested in the server. Higher tiered players may have knowledge that new players do not have, but that does not really mean they're any better than them. The only time skill comes into play is when moving through zones quickly and efficiently.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:21:44 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

...how is t8 or t9 at all difficult? Skin like drake tank pull mobs ae with zerkers rinse repeat. Sorry you did not understand my comments.

Reaching the later tiers of the game is not at all a measure of skill despite many players believing it to be, it is just a measure of the time you have invested in the server. Higher tiered players may have knowledge that new players do not have, but that does not really mean they're any better than them. The only time skill comes into play is when moving through zones quickly and efficiently.

Gear for gear right? Then T9 is by far the most difficult.  Are CT and QVIC class specific drops or armor type specific? T8 is class specific which can mean a long long wait for your last drops. Also, new t8 players take over an hour to complete the zone.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 05:28:20 am »

I apologize, when I read this posts, Hulkpunch, it aggravates me.  The beginning stages of EZ are not overly difficult.  The only thing difficult about this server is the grind.....if folks cant come here and grind out the content then they wont last, period.  Making content easier wont change if a person likes to grind out their time or not.  All it will do is allow people to steamroll content and then QQ because they are bored and expect folks to put out newer content for them to play.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 07:40:46 am »

Are CT and QVIC class specific drops or armor type specific? T8 is class specific which can mean a long long wait for your last drops.

You know the answer to that question. Maybe I should have said T1/T3 instead.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:52 am »

Pretending content is perfect the way it is, and throwing your arms up in the air for any change is eye rolling.  Hate clearly asked for ideas to help grow the server and Hulk went out of his way to re level a group to see where tweaks might be made to help with hates request.  The constant barrage he gets anytime he posts suggestions from people who in turn, don't suggest anything, is disheartening.

Making content easier wont change if a person likes to grind out their time or not.  All it will do is allow people to steamroll content and then QQ because they are bored and expect folks to put out newer content for them to play.

This statement is the cookie cutter generalized statement of stick in the mud mentality.  Apply some logic to this.  Lets say someone new (Like everyone once was who is now in full UCv3's waiting for T10) comes along who has the drive to get to the end, tweaking and tuning older content wouldn't have derailed us, so why assume every newbie who starts here would act any differently than you did.  Did you even read hulks changes?  Most of them are relatively minor changes that many of us would have enjoyed while had they been there long ago.  There is also no Requirement that any suggestions posted be put into the game.  They are just Ideas.  At least Hulk has some.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 09:52:52 am »

Are CT and QVIC class specific drops or armor type specific? T8 is class specific which can mean a long long wait for your last drops.

You know the answer to that question. Maybe I should have said T1/T3 instead.

I haven't run it in so long, it was an honest question, not a lead in to my response which it does read like... sorry
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 10:00:13 am »

Pretending content is perfect the way it is, and throwing your arms up in the air for any change is eye rolling.  Hate clearly asked for ideas to help grow the server and Hulk went out of his way to re level a group to see where tweaks might be made to help with hates request.  The constant barrage he gets anytime he posts suggestions from people who in turn, don't suggest anything, is disheartening.

If one were pretending that everything is perfect, then no, you would not see a suggestion other than to leave it as is. Of course, there is the other option that one is not pretending and honestly feels that things are good to go the way they are.

(However, agree that some responses are just meant as flame/troll.. but your always going to get that which is why we have to wear our big boy pants when we throw out recommendations on here.  Hulk knows how to sift through the junk, so does Hate)

My response to Hulk was because I am watching a guild member going through t8 and without help, it takes a long time, drops little essences, and is difficult for him.  And in T9, gearing up is insane.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:03:30 am by zefirus » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678