Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 06:38:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Population influx, camp fixes.  (Read 29851 times)
johnnyseattle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 08:29:42 am »

I am noticing this issue more and more. Used to be, you could log on at 7AM and get most any cg/fg mob you wanted. Was nice to log in for 10 min before work and get a couple steps of progression. Now I get zero. (Evercamp is back)

----------------------------

Perhaps it's a stretch to program something like this, but I've seen other games do it.

If you could set the loot tables or spawn times to adjust with server or zone population, it would help with congestion.  ie. during peak times spawn timers are reduced or loot is double drop.

Or, just leave double drop on for a while. 

my 2¢

I don't think this would help a lot of the time.  The 4-5 times I've gone in there hoping to get at least one FG item, I've been told the following things by the people in there:

- I'll be here all day
- You no steal
- camped
- frapsing you
- lol, you don't even have 1.5

This server is really, really cool, with the exception of Lguk.  Had some great experiences already, met some great people, and even had Uxt tell my female alt toons (named after my daughters, as always) that they're supercute.  I'm staying here regardless, but it would be nice to have a different path to this stuff, seeing half the time I ask a question the solution has something to do with getting into the FG.  I work way too much and have way too much family time to compete with the sunshiney people above. Smiley

An endless procession of alts!

Slapius, Fixius, Abigaile, Boddington, Isabellie, Molestache, Stankbucket....
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 09:35:35 am »

The only way I see this getting fixed is either by adding mobs that drop these items in other, less frequented zones like Hunter did for the PGT in EK (even tho i know this was for a different reason).

or

by adding alternate items that can be used for the FG/CG quests.
For example - there are 20 some odd items needed for the quest atm. - so instead of making it those exact 20+ items, maybe open it up to an additional other 10 items that you can mix and match with - with the exception I guess of the 4 king cards which could still be a requirement.  That way people who don't want to sit in LGuk forever waiting for those forever camped items, can go an alternative route.

Again, this is not guaranteed to even work or prevent the new places from being camped either, but it was a thought.

Rob Smiley
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:05 am »

I was sorta hoping for Hunter to come in and offer his 2c Smiley
Darkest

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 03:15:40 am »

There are plenty of other 'camp' sites that could be used... Kael would have a few, Karnor's (VS in particular), Maidens Eye, Griegs End... masses of options, but would probably take a while to re-write quest scripts, so modifying loot tables for the new mobs (to match existing CG/FG quest drops) would probably be the easier approach.

Darkest
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 11:05:03 pm »

Having charm upgrades in T2 would be the bomb, or any other zone than ldon.

Poop
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 01:29:15 am »

0 progress today.
50+ players in pod.
tacvi camped all day.
24+ players in qvic for about 10 mobs.
15 players in LDON5
LDON6 perma camped
13 players in POF
9 players in LGUK

This is getting unreal
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 01:46:18 am »

0 progress today.
50+ players in pod.
tacvi camped all day.
24+ players in qvic for about 10 mobs.
15 players in LDON5
LDON6 perma camped
13 players in POF
9 players in LGUK

This is getting unreal

agreed

zymral

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 09:21:13 am »

Maybe it is just me but it only seems like a few zones are really bad to work with. I would just make 2-3 copies of the over populated zones and put an npc where you get to the zone at and make it offer something like gukbottom 1,2 or 3 the only hard one would really be the top ldon and you could put an npc in fg/cg guild area for that one since you pretty much have to make it the whole way up to get in.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 10:47:07 am »

He could always make the drops 100% and take out PH's, that would help a lot
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 04:40:06 pm »

this

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 08:00:26 am »

I agree with this... Make the item drop every time the mob is up, lower the respawn times and no PHs would probably solve the camping issues for the FG/CG items.

I waited 3 hours for the PGT to drop the other night and luckily there was only one guy there ahead of me (and i was told that was fast).  If these adjustments are made, camps would go quick and the line-ups would disappear faster.

Rob Smiley
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:56 pm »

Agreed.  It's kinda strange that epic page bosses are what, 10-15 mins timers, no PH and always drop the pages, but these items are long boring camps...  Grin

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 06:57:47 pm »

Taking out the PH's would benefit the questing, but the overpopulation of just he basic zones wont improve.

Its 8:00pm est on a MONDAY night.
3 groups in qvic. bosses on 30 minute timers, most of the time is spent waiting.
35+ players in podragons. 4 tikis.
3 groups in Tacvi!!!
25 players in potime! Granted the spawn times are greatly improved, but if you've ever been in time with 25+ players, its brutal.
6 players and 6 alts in Pofire.
LDON6, camped.

Seriously, if you wanted to log in right now with a group and plan on doing anything but waiting your choices are slim.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 07:01:18 pm »

Maybe it is just me but it only seems like a few zones are really bad to work with. I would just make 2-3 copies of the over populated zones and put an npc where you get to the zone at and make it offer something like gukbottom 1,2 or 3 the only hard one would really be the top ldon and you could put an npc in fg/cg guild area for that one since you pretty much have to make it the whole way up to get in.
This sounds like a great solution along with the non-ph one.
Would solve a ton of issues.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 04:05:52 pm »

I hate to bump this again but the camps issues still need to be addressed or at least open for discussion.
From the thread, here are some possible solutions.
- CG/FG - Removal of PH's
Epic 1.5 - Moves quickly, but, still populated zone. At least it moves fast with the respawn timers improved. Terror and Q could possibly be bumped to 30 minute spawn timers.
Epic 2.0 - LDON moves good, respawn timers are good. LDON5 is still a pita with cards but that doesnt slow down Epic progression.
Epic 2.5 - Improved spawn timers on Barrels are a welcome, thanks.
Epic 3.0 - Qvic is a pita, it moves fast for epics, but, its not enjoyable anymore with so many groups competing for spawns. There are normally 6+ groups there competing for 10 mobs on 30 minute timers. Possible reducing the timers to 10-15 minutes like Time would improve it or if possible, another copy of the zone?
MoW- Its camped quite heavily now, you basically need to stand in line. Although 30 minute spawns are improved, this poor mob never lives longer than 5 minutes. Not so much of a bottle neck as the most you have to wait is 1 hr, compared to waiting all day for a begurgle crown or wasting a weekend in Lguk.
TT 3.0 Books, same comments as MoW.

Armor progression.
Qvic - This zone is not an enjoyable experience for anyone anymore. I believe the lowered spawn timers on the bosses may improve the "time" spent in the non-enjoyable zone. Or as others mentioned, is it possible to clone a zone?
Really, I invite anyone to go there tonight with 40 players in the zone and tell me its not the same as getting a root canal.
Tacvi - Perma camped. There are groups that farm this every night for days on end. Unlike Qvic where multiple groups can be supported for multiple mobs, this zone is essentially single group content. Definately a bottleneck. Possibly placing the same mobs in and old school zone like spread across ice-clad? they can still assist eachother etc? Or duplicating the zone.
PODragons - Bottle neck. Another 2 tikis (T1 + T2) and improved spawn timers on the trash dragons would be nice.

Im not sure of the bottlenecks beyond POD.
Again, im not bitching, im just trying to find a way to accommodate the increased populations we are experiencing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 245