Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:15:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Population influx, camp fixes.  (Read 27336 times)
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 08:14:22 pm »

There is countless things to fix a lot of issues, even making certain items drop more etc... could fix issues, but how long do we have to wait for these issues to be fixed? I know timers on stuff has been changed slowly over time but if anyone could correct me on this, camps on stuff and being able to do anything is worse then it has ever been before. If this was one person complaining about camps it would be a differant story, but most the people who actively visit these boards are complaining about the camps and its been for months now? I know Hunter has lots of real life and other things to focus on also, but camps are getting crazy? Even though he doesn't want anyone else screwing with his server maybe its time to find people that he can trust to help him out, even guides that can talk to the server and make some people calm down over the camping situation could possible help?

IDK, just ranting on, but I would like to come play again on server and since camping issues have made me want to stab my eyes out I haven't even logged on very much, IDK about anyone else.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 11:38:19 pm »

There is countless things to fix a lot of issues, even making certain items drop more etc... could fix issues, but how long do we have to wait for these issues to be fixed? I know timers on stuff has been changed slowly over time but if anyone could correct me on this, camps on stuff and being able to do anything is worse then it has ever been before. If this was one person complaining about camps it would be a differant story, but most the people who actively visit these boards are complaining about the camps and its been for months now? I know Hunter has lots of real life and other things to focus on also, but camps are getting crazy? Even though he doesn't want anyone else screwing with his server maybe its time to find people that he can trust to help him out, even guides that can talk to the server and make some people calm down over the camping situation could possible help?

IDK, just ranting on, but I would like to come play again on server and since camping issues have made me want to stab my eyes out I haven't even logged on very much, IDK about anyone else.

well i can probably speak for the 50+ players in pod tonight on 4 tikis that its getting a bit much.

Your post is right on the money and thats why I was trying to find quick fixes as opposed to whole new content.
I believe we will eventually progress to needing more than just hunter, although that may go away from his plan.
I know that Danyelle has done some significant fixes that have been submitted and just waiting hunters review. Although these fixes are spell fixes and not camp fixes.

As for dev resources, there are more than enough people on EZ willing to help with the load, including myself.

I am sort of hoping hunter at least comments on this thread?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 11:54:51 pm »

well i can probably speak for the 50+ players in pod tonight on 4 tikis that its getting a bit much.

Your post is right on the money and thats why I was trying to find quick fixes as opposed to whole new content.
I believe we will eventually progress to needing more than just hunter, although that may go away from his plan.
I know that Danyelle has done some significant fixes that have been submitted and just waiting hunters review. Although these fixes are spell fixes and not camp fixes.

As for dev resources, there are more than enough people on EZ willing to help with the load, including myself.

Well this isn't Hunter, but it's kinda close... I just made Instance scripts which should solve the problems of the heightened populations. As this is something that doesn't entirely increase the load on the server too much, it certainly can if people are creating them constantly. That is why they will cost platinum to create...

And considering some of the objects to make instancing possible are not well known, I decided to help Hunter and his endeavors to make EZ a better place to play.

The script originally was just over 1,000 lines long. I revised it into three subcategories to make it very easy for Hunter to utilize where he chooses.

Group instances cost 2k to create

Guild Instances cost 10k to create

You will also have an option to use [Buffs] on these waypoints, but as they are not in a hub zone, they will cost platinum.

There are also in-game links to the website here on the Waypoints to common guides and walkthroughs with a list populated by Danyelle.

Here is a preview below: As it has shown on a test that it can track who has created the instance, and will prompt you to enter it if you are in the same Guild or same Group as the person who created it...

o The image above is not completely accurate, as the new script that I updated today does not have the [Bind in Zone] as it was leftover from the script on my server.

o Also, it has had the option to delete an instance, only if there is one tied to your Guild or your Group. A window will prompt you Yes/No accordingly.

o It also has the ability to STORE platinum (in the clouds so to speak) so you don't have to carry it around and use it for buffs and grabbing instances. You can always withdraw platinum from the Waypoint at anytime, in increments starting at 100 platinum.

When does this go live? Well... As soon as Hunter gets a chance, as he has mentioned the internet connection isn't entirely reliable, and they have been having storms as well.

Hopefully this was news you all wanted to hear.

Regards, Akkadius

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:58:33 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 12:06:43 am »

Well this isn't Hunter, but it's kinda close... I just made Instance scripts which should solve the problems of the heightened populations. As this is something that doesn't entirely increase the load on the server too much, it certainly can if people are creating them constantly. That is why they will cost platinum to create...

And considering some of the objects to make instancing possible are not well known, I decided to help Hunter and his endeavors to make EZ a better place to play.

The script originally was just over 1,000 lines long. I revised it into three subcategories to make it very easy for Hunter to utilize where he chooses.

Group instances cost 2k to create

Guild Instances cost 10k to create

You will also have an option to use [Buffs] on these waypoints, but as they are not in a hub zone, they will cost platinum.

There are also in-game links to the website here on the Waypoints to common guides and walkthroughs with a list populated by Danyelle.

Here is a preview below: As it has shown on a test that it can track who has created the instance, and will prompt you to enter it if you are in the same Guild or same Group as the person who created it...

o The image above is not completely accurate, as the new script that I updated today does not have the [Bind in Zone] as it was leftover from the script on my server.

o Also, it has had the option to delete an instance, only if there is one tied to your Guild or your Group. A window will prompt you Yes/No accordingly.

o It also has the ability to STORE platinum (in the clouds so to speak) so you don't have to carry it around and use it for buffs and grabbing instances. You can always withdraw platinum from the Waypoint at anytime, in increments starting at 100 platinum.

When does this go live? Well... As soon as Hunter gets a chance, as he has mentioned the internet connection isn't entirely reliable, and they have been having storms as well.

Hopefully this was news you all wanted to hear.

Regards, Akkadius

Wow that's even more impressive than i had imagined when you described it to me lol

This imo is definitely gonna be useful. The instances will finally provide a plat sink for the hundreds of thousands of plat people have stored away and will at the same time cut back on the drama and over camping in certain zones =D. Also the little guide thing will solve the problem of all the people that A. are too lazy to log into the forums or B. can't seem to navigate it Tongue

Yay i was semi-helpful!!! lol

Seriously though i know i've said this before but good job! Smiley /jealous of your genius

Blood of the Akkadian
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 12:08:29 am »

Nice Akkadius, also makes plat worth something heh, thanks for the work you put into this!

P.S. Does this mean you can instance ANY zone as long as you have the plat for it? Or is it just certain zones?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 12:11:04 am »

Nice Akkadius, also makes plat worth something heh, thanks for the work you put into this!

P.S. Does this mean you can instance ANY zone as long as you have the plat for it? Or is it just certain zones?

It's whatever zones that Hunter decides to put the Waypoint NPC's in, there are three types, Group Waypoint's and Guild Waypoints, then there are Waypoints that sit in neutral zones for information. Like walkthroughs etc.

EZ Server GM
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 12:13:26 am »

ahh ic
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 12:13:36 am »

wow!
On a side note, i dont think the increased usage would be an issue for the server since EQ handled more than that on live on less equipment (6 years ago) that what hunter is running now.

This would be an awesome addition!!!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 12:19:34 am »

Here is a more accurate screenshot of the current script provided:

It has in-game links to the websites Guides and Walkthroughs that will automatically open up a link to the website etc etc.

And the load on the server should be fine as long as it has traffic control from the costs via platinum.

But yes, it is pretty nice. I think you all will be happy to have instances at your demand.

Group Instances: 3 Hours expiry

Guild Instances: 1 Day expiry

o No more people crashing your zones
o No more trains
o No more "Asshat that stole my camp I am going to FRAPS himz!"
o Can we all hold hands now?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:24:18 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 12:22:12 am »

o Can we all hold hands now?

Ill hold your hand anyday
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 12:27:19 am »

Actually, after thinking about the load even more.
We are running hardware that was unheard of when instances were introduced to EQlive.
We are averaging about 300 players a night on the server, which is about 1/10th the amount of players on the live servers!
I dont think overhead will be an issue at all, but, im sure time will tell.

Kudos on the script! I would love to see this implemented.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 12:36:19 am »

Lulz i can't believe you used my name >.< I didn't really do much haha

Anyway as i've said, brilliant man, brilliant =D

Blood of the Akkadian
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 01:24:49 am »

Another option is to cash in/charge AA LOL.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 01:37:02 am »

This is a great presentation Akkadius.

You are the one working on that "Blood of Akkadius" server, are you not?
If you are putting the same kinda effort into that, as you are here then i am more excited to try it out than before.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 01:45:33 am »

I gotta remote into the server and get the scripts loaded up. Maybe a few hours at most. So far at quick glance, it looks awsome!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678