Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:03:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Little help with new team  (Read 11279 times)
Crevi

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:03:18 am »

Hi all, im Kanka. I suposse most of you know me as the complaining one in /ooc.... I thinking to start a new group to complete a raid team. Actually got pally, cleric, warrior, zerker, beast and rogue, all fully T4.  Any suggestion for new group? Many tx for your time.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:20:15 am »

Druid and Enchanter for certain.

Beyond that its a matter of what you wanna do. You'll want a 2nd ninja dps.. so either a monk or a ranger.

So DRU/ENC/ + mnk or ranger makes 3.

Other 3 slots can be whatever. Shaman is nice for their hp boost on their epic click. A second paladin is always a good idea. A second zerker is always welcome for AE dps. '

So, say Dru/Enc/Mnk/Shm/Pal/Zerk would be my overall recommendation.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Crevi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:07:53 am »

I got some doubt between pally or sk. The others sound good Smiley

Just left know a good place to lvl up in 13 mins like someone says in wiki...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tx for your time
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:36:07 am »

I agree with Ponzi. dru/enc/mnk/shm/pal/zer(or ranger)

Keeze
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:40:52 am »

Easiest way to lv the alts up is get some higher end buffs including a mage ds rk2 or higher. Get ds and just run around to get you high enough to get into fire then its  just one pull for 70

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:42:19 am »

This is what you already have
pally
cleric
war
zerker
BST
rogue

IMO this is what I would make your 2 grps look like orange you already have, red you would need

Group 1
Warrior
Cleric
Druid
Bard
Paladin
Enchanter

Group 2
Paladin
Shaman
Monk
Zerker
Rogue
BST

just my opinion, whatever, take it for what it is

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 08:54:59 am »

Hi all, im Kanka. I suposse most of you know me as the complaining one in /ooc.... I thinking to start a new group to complete a raid team. Actually got pally, cleric, warrior, zerker, beast and rogue, all fully T4.  Any suggestion for new group? Many tx for your time.

Honestly Pally - Cleric - Warrior - Zerker - Beast - Rogue sounds pretty solid

With the possible exception of replacing one of the healers (I would replace Cleric, but that's just personal preference) for another DPS or Druid, but that's not critical.

I know lots of people have 2 (or even 3 *shudder*) groups... but it's too expensive to strike aug them all anyway (and it's annoying to log that many on), why not just stick with one group of fully augged chars - and get the Warrior his Ultimate Weapon high, rather than augging 2 groups.

Just my 2 cents.

(Disclaimer: I have 14 characters past T5... but I only play 6 of them now:
Warrior - Rogue - Monk - Berserker - Bard/Druid - Paladin)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:02:41 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 10:16:13 am »

I usually run, Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Druid, Ranger and Zerker.

I have other toons on stand by just incase.

I have a shammy (for HP buff), SK (which used to be my old tank), bard, monk and pally.

I am really thinking of switching the cleric for the pally for the extra dps.  

I just started clearing T7 and any dps makes it go faster.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

I second Rents option. Bard in main group is a very nice addition. maybe switch the druid and chanter for the zerker/rogue so they can benefit in group 1 from extra healing power, as druid and enchanter can cast their spells on the warrior from group 2.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 01:30:06 pm »

One group can run well, but in my experience its faster and easier running 12 boxes than just 6, even considering UC and strikes.

Put your mind to rest pally vs SK. You have a warrior, IMO if you decide you need a 2nd tank, make another warrior; they end up better dps anyway. A pally, on the other hand, is second best healer in the game in later tiers (just barely behind druid....yes, druid. NO healer does as much for a team as a druid). A pally in either group does a ton.

Strike augs and zerker epic procs are spell damage, which means that a bard and a chanter will add a ton to the team (bard for 5.0+ epic effect, one man band, and ench for Timeless Vampiric Thunder and Gift of Annihilation, which is a HUGE short term damage buff on one character). I run both. Either works well.....overall when you consider everything both add about the same to a team in terms of damage added to your boxes. Both also have other benefits. Honestly I'd do both....and unlike what you'll hear from others I'd actually RUN the ench in the team; by themselves they can do decent damage if you use all their abilities (twincast, debuffs, pet with mana neck, etc).

You're also running a bst, which means your pet can do some decent physical damage, if you run your BST well. Your warrior will most probably also eventually want a UW, whether you run 6 boxes or 12. So to add to THEIR overall damage I'd also include a shaman. Shammy do well as healers, but they also have the 2nd best hit point buff in the game (behind druid) and they also add some short term melee bumps, including Kraken, which adds a spell proc to your melee, but also has Ancestral Grudge, which substantially increases physical damage from melee (HUGE gains on UW melee, rogue backstabs and beastlord pets).

So....were it me I'd add druid, ench, pally, bard, shaman.....then either another zerk or a ninjastrike melee, monk or ranger. Both end up about equal when geared up properly, and run to the max of their abilities. After that I'd shuffle the groups around a bit, making sure you have war, bst, rogue and shaman in the same group (grudge will land outside the group but it lands more reliably in). Then I'd add bard and pally to G1, for the extra heals, and the tempest blade add on your pet and warrior, as well as defensive adds to tank group.

Past that.....I ended up parking my cleric. If you decide to do that it open a spot for another strike melee, but thats up to you.

Just food for thought.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 01:55:20 pm »

A pally, on the other hand, is second best healer in the game in later tiers (just barely behind druid....yes, druid. NO healer does as much for a team as a druid). A pally in either group does a ton.

Yes but Pally does passive Healing (combat effect) whereas druid is single target - unless you know something I don't, which is highly possible. Also Druid's only lasts 18 seconds, then you are on cooldown for several seconds without heals.

Shammy do well as healers, but they also have the 2nd best hit point buff in the game (behind druid)

My T9 Shaman does a 200k HP buff, my T9 druid does 16,500 HP <-- what am I missing here?

^ Please correct me if I'm wrong on either of these points, because that means I can utilize classes more than I have been.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 02:00:55 pm »

Yes but Pally does passive Healing (combat effect) whereas druid is single target - unless you know something I don't, which is highly possible. Also Druid's only lasts 18 seconds, then you are on cooldown for several seconds without heals.

Shammy do well as healers, but they also have the 2nd best hit point buff in the game (behind druid)

My T9 Shaman does a 200k HP buff, my T9 druid does 16,500 HP <-- what am I missing here?

^ Please correct me if I'm wrong on either of these points, because that means I can utilize classes more than I have been.

Red: What? Are you neglecting the AoE heal, the single target heal, and the fairly powerful regen?

Orange: 16.5k base HP + a percentage of your max hp. Like your kindergarten teacher used to say "Read all the way through before starting".

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »

That 18 second is more than enough, and the cooldown doesnt outlast the heal. I can chain cast it. But more important is that the more you pull, the more it heals....and even JUST fresh into T9 I like pulling 10+ at a time. Add to that the druids MONSTROUS regen (really helps on long pulls) and their group heal (same basic amount as the cleric group heal, but just 200% bonus from T8 clicky buff, rather than cleric's 400%, but with the other heals the druid is more effective).

Druid keeps me healed by parse more than cleric or pally in T8.....140% more than cleric, 20ish% more than pally.

Druid is 16,500 plus a percentage of max hps. My druid adds well over 200K hps to my tank with Oak3.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 02:10:17 pm »

Lol shows how much I know about the game, thanks for that Chunka and Hate.

Well now... that's embarassing...

Red: What? Are you neglecting the AoE heal, the single target heal, and the fairly powerful regen?
Yes... yes I am - except the regen - I use that

Orange: 16.5k base HP + a percentage of your max hp. Like your kindergarten teacher used to say "Read all the way through before starting".
Yes sir... *head down in shame*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:14:06 pm by Darpey » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

I love these type of posts btw ...so thank you

Paladin dps is horrible even with 2 XI firestrikes they do not get the CRIT rate that other firestrike toons get. I ran mine on parse with a zerk and both uc2 both with 2 firestrikes and it was not even close...and that is on 1target with zerk AOE dps it shames the paladin.

Paladins are the BEST healers in game. the druid is the BEST SINGLE target healer with Skin but its cooldown with modifiers is the same as its duration.. so its great at one target..not so good if you need other healing... they do have a group heal but unless you are farming qvic its not going to do much for the rest of your team... and regen..well thats nice for some spot healing if you get hit with a single AOE but if you do a large pull and get several AOE's going it dont do shit.

Paladins on the other hand have a proc (9.0) mind you that will basically CH the enter group ever 6 seconds...and that is with UC2... it takes no mana...he swings...it procs....everyone gets heals..and it crits like mad....2.5mil 3mil...3.5mil...whatever it is ...this is your healer...this guy will keep your group alive in all but mass pulling situations when you have 40 mobs pulled...

Clerics ...first thing I hear about clerics is HP buff....this is what they do best....its a small % of your total hps end game and you willl never notice if you have it or not. Clerics have a similar proc to paladins but for whatever reason it does not seem to work as well...I dont know why..might be a modifier in for pallys ...I dunno...but cleric does nothing that matters better than a paladin and wont last 5 seconds as an off tank...

Bard/enchanter/shaman bleh bleh bleh modifier more dps bleh bleh bleh...stop... If you want to be the most efficent player do not play these toons... 1 ninjastrike rogue is going to add more damage with less support than  any of these.. think about it this way.. you have a chanter in your group that adds ..lets say..20% dps ...and thats a reach to  your party.. lets do this.

Group 1
Warrior
Cleric
Druid
Bard
Paladin
Enchanter

Group 2
Paladin
Shaman
Monk
Zerker
Rogue
BST

This is a good suggestion ....no disrespect ....but...

first group..

warrior (yes)
cleric zerk
Druid (great!)
Bard monk
paladin (good!)
Enchanter rogue

You have lost some healing that you dont need in the cleric and a 20k hps buff? ..but you gained massive dps with the zerk and AE knockdown for those large pulls...very important.
The bard is great if you are caster heavy and plan on lots of long fights...but..thats not how this server works... So you toss the bard dps (2 ninjas? proc rate and crit rate are pathetic compared to monk.. not even close) and have gained a 100% dps output here just on strike augs.  replacing the enchanter with a rogue is probably about 400% damage increase for this position in the group... at least....look at the parses... the chanter does have a nice couple of buffs...GOA is insane burst dps gain but overall ...you will get more out of a high crit rate ninja strike dpser...

Group 2.

If you work on just those 6 toons and get them charms and augs..you wont need a second group...

but if you want one..this is where I would invest in bards chanters and the like...the first group is solid and can do anything....you can log in the "booster" group if you feel you are lacking in some way....hell run a shaman chanter bard pally cleric um..sk .. if you want ...whatever...

I do run what I have suggested here and do have 16 toons that are t9...capable....I  say take it all with a grain of salt and do whatever you want..

dream second group (for me at least)

pally
zerk
zerk
zerk
zerk
zerk

sadly I only have 5 t9 zerks...so I am 1 zerk short!:) and about 6 firestrike 11s short....maybe with teir 10?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:23:21 pm by balidet » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057