Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:24:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: wine and cheese  (Read 52535 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 08:48:49 pm »

Yeah. Anyway.....

On to more important topics. About damned time the Bears got smart! They fired Emery, fired Trestman, decided to hire Ryan Pace (unsure on that, but willing to give him a chance) and hired John Fox as head coach. JOHN FOX! Ok, I am hopeful for 2015. Now....they just need to stop spending a silly fortune on aging players or putting all their eggs into the Cutler basket, and they need a good middle linebacker!

DAAAAA Bears.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 08:51:37 pm »

RL Currency for plat is unhealthy, and I would agree with you on that Fugi. That's not what you have been eluding to - at least how I have seen your collective posts.

I like you three well enough - don't really know Dimur at all in-game, but Fugi and Chunka are cool people with the little interactions I've had... I just disagree with your thoughts on new player progression.

I do think I know a decent amount about the game and its politics. I am not aware of some of the things that you mentioned, but I don't think there's a player in-game that would say that USD for plat or progress on a large scale is a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:06:28 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Peign
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 08:58:13 pm »

lame flame session.   Now I have to find something else to do to entertain me for the evening.

Oh wait.....

I'll sell my Harley and donate to the proceeds to get BU nerfed!

Oh wait....

that already happened in 2012   /sigh

Nerf BU!
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »

I bought stuff like everyone else through EZ Merchant... it's good for the server. Guess I'm missing your point Fugi.

Regardless, I agree with Darpey. I actually like everyone I'm arguing with including you Fugi (believe it or not!).

The only one I hate is Orthanos Wink

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 09:13:35 pm »

Agree, all the clowns including myself I enjoy hanging out with, so don't take it from these flame forums let it end here at the boards.

It's better here then in game.

Krincle on the other hand....that's another story and a shot from the dr to fix it..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 09:18:25 pm »

Ok, lets try and perk this up!

Thats right.....Darpey has no dick!

Well, thats what I was told!! Ok....by Krincle.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 09:19:10 pm »

Chunka is FAT.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 09:21:14 pm »

Tongue

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 09:21:48 pm »

(F)un (A)rticulate (T)ranny

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »

Ok, lets try and perk this up!

Thats right.....Darpey has no dick!

Well, thats what I was told!! Ok....by Krincle.

Thanks, it's a medical condition.

I told you that in confidence.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:21 pm »

told you this thread was needed =P...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 09:29:16 pm »

it really was

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 10:32:22 pm »

Darpey, I don't know what fucking rock your crawled out from under but here in the world of EZ it's quite easy and possible buy your way through content.  You don't know me in game because I don't sell loot, I might give it away or trade for GSoA or something but I don't see the point of selling since I don't need plat or someone to bot farm sls for me when I can get all I need in T9.  Let me break it down for you how this can easily be done by anyone geared enough and bored enough to sell their services to help a gimp skip through tiers.

Time - It takes a grand total of 1 pull, a single pull to get 9/10 pages needed for the epic 1.5...the 10th page is a simple click up away.  Wow that took all of 5 minutes, and then they can go spawn Terrorantula themselves and just /ooc for help because there are plenty of people that have no problem helping those that help themselves.

Qvic - It takes a grand total of 1 pull, a single pull to get every Token boss minus the Sand Monster and quite often you'll pick him up along the way anyhow.  If not, look for the blue dot on the map and go kill it...wow another 6 minutes of time to flag a character through Qvic.  If you want to get their armor for them, easy enough!  Make a few instances and just skip through them pulling all the bosses that don't take you out of the way to get to and kill them til enough armor drops because you'll sure as hell see enough gems drop while farming specific armor pieces if you pull enough mobs.  Soon as Sand Monster is down, short run to go grab the Ancient for the 3.0 book.

CT - It's never difficult at all to find someone farming essences in CT and they sell pretty well on the market, so I'd wager it'd be pretty easy to /ooc asking if anyone is doing CT and not needing the drops.  Even if nobody replies, nothing a few SLS can't convince someone who was considering farming them anyhow but didn't want to choke down the tedium involved.

Dragons 1 and 2 - This place is easy as hell to mass pull, you can pull all of the top including the treehouse part in 1 pull...or you could split it off and pull all of T1 top in a pull then all of T2 in a pull, then the entire bottom of T1 takes a single pull to clear out...anyone farming crystals for essences doesn't need the armor drops and you just hang out when they're handing in a bunch and T1 is all archetype with a rot bot, T2 has dragon class as well as class specific drops...wow so far a single character has just leeched their way through all of this content...imagine that!

Gods - Yep, you don't even need to buy gear from here since people are always looking for Gmajors for strike augs...again, single character still hasn't had to lift a finger until they want to farm their epic...even then people are generally clearing HoH with regularity since they need the tokens to spawn the bosses that drop essences.  Even shadow is a simple, /auc WTB 3.5 book

Abyss - Here is the point where someone would likely be stuck having to actually do the content, but it's quite easy to get all the guaranteed spawns from trash mob kills just by asking if anyone is farming T5 and would let you tag along for updates.  But you're right, it's going to take someone a long ass time to ride their way through all of their updates so this would be the point where you have to either leach through your alts or buck up and start working on it.

Anguish - You sure as hell can buy shit here, I have no idea what you mean by saying you can't buy much.  If you mean the plat drops and the essences...well okay, but you can buy every single armor drop, every aug drop and every page and book drop easily, but I'm stumped as to how you contend that you can't really buy much here.  Even relatively new people to the zone rot off books, weapons and spells very quickly after getting the zone clear down.

Loping - If you mean 80% of the work of this zone is /auc WTB 7.0 book and /auc WTB Armor pieces, then yes...there really isn't much you can buy here.

ToV - You must have Stales on ignore because he rots every piece of every type of armor in this zone when he's set up camp here, and he's hardly the only one who can and does sell T8 drops.  Again, if 90% of the gruntwork here is zoning in, asking for a coh, opening a trade window and then /targeting the corpse and /looting it, this is an accurate statement and if not it's just the same hyperbole you continue to spew regarding this whole argument.

T9 - I suppose you could sell stuff here if you were so inclined, I'm guessing at a decent pull rate you'd rot a full suit within 2 hours easily not to mention the faction reward items, but I don't know how prevalent that practice is and other than books I don't know how much people gimp through here...but if they were so inclined and had the resources to offer someone who's farming essences, plat and exp anyhow it's quite a realistic possibility.

I just want to clarify, you are welcome to play the game any way you want to and you can buy your way through tiers all you want...just don't sit here and try to spin doctor it and say it's the intended path of progression.  It's an alternate path of progression, and it's quite a realistic path of progression if that's your cup of tea, but it's by no means what Hunter had in mind when he developed here and I highly doubt it's what Hate has in mind when he busts his ass developing content, tuning it and doing his best to keep it interesting enough to keep people from /slitting their wrists from the tedium of the grind.  There are a total of 2 possible road blocks preventing someone from being able to gear out a single character in end game armor and flags if they have enough resources to buy their way through...one of them is T5 which can be done in 2 days and the other is T9, so I guess aside from conceding T5 as being highly unlikely to completely flag through in a reasonable amount of time unless someone really wants you flagged, you can quite *legitimately* flag yourself through T8 without having done jack shit other than beg, buy and loot.

Also, this is a rant section post so don't take it personally...I speak from the cuff and I try to clarify my stance and illustrate why my opinion is what it is.  I'm always happy to debate issues and offer my opinions on matter when people take the time to send tells in game, and I'd welcome tells from you if there's anything I can offer feedback on.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:39:07 pm by Dimur » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:42 pm »

Interesting.

All wrong.

But interesting...

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2015, 10:41:25 pm »

you can quite *legitimately* flag yourself through T8 without having done jack shit other than beg, buy and loot.

Nothing I say is going to convince you at this point, and your arguments have not convinced me either, except I will concede T6 ... not sure what I was thinking there. You can sell T6 fairly easily, relative to other tiers (or at least pay someone to crush the zone for you, which would flag one character through). I'm sure I seem just as delusional in my arguments to you as you seem to me.

I still fundamentally disagree with your premise, but there are more fun things to argue about, and this pissing match will just get us both wet... with urine... and who wants that? Except for urolagnia, but I digress.

Time for bed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:56:15 pm by Darpey » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis