Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:17:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: wine and cheese  (Read 52578 times)
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 05:35:21 am »

0/10 would not read this thread again.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:29 am »

People start on progression servers later so they can have an easier time progressing to new content... that really is the intent of progression servers
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 06:13:36 am »

The only one I hate is Orthanos Wink
WTF I was not even saying anything! Undecided

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 06:44:21 am »

I came back after 4 month hiatus. Some folks helped me get t8 flagged, I think my warrior needed 2 drops left. 

I tried to buy t8 gear for him, the huge hp uptick seemed worth it to speed up UC2 and t7 farming/ bigger pulls.

I had no luck, no lose really, about 1/3 of the way to getting my whole crew t8 flagged now.

Coming from someone who got the typical amount of help, this server/community usually provides, I didn't think anything of trying to make my life easier by picking up some warrior gear.  I think I got help with my first epic, and 3.5 on my warrior was from rots, fair amount of t5 flags from farmers, etc.

Repaid that in due time, of course, but I don't think it is outrageous to consider you could buy your way to a well geared/flagged toon, not an army but 1 sure.

We all have our different rules for helping out new people, I stop when people tell me they are not going to box, Personally.
Peign
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 10:07:39 am »

I bought stuff like everyone else through EZ Merchant... it's good for the server. Guess I'm missing your point Fugi.

Regardless, I agree with Darpey. I actually like everyone I'm arguing with including you Fugi (believe it or not!).

The only one I hate is Orthanos Wink

Aint no one cares what a level 76 thinks!

WTS full T8 runs (all except essences, gsoa and rare drops that are reserved for leet players)  1 million plat per run!      What a bargain!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »

I think what they are referring to are the people who sit in Nexus/Surefall who never move from that zone (except to bot...I mean farm SLS) then want to buy everything and are T8 flagged and don't know how to spawn mobs in T5.....then want to complain on forums.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:18:09 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2015, 01:42:59 pm »

My wine:

• Tired of people QQing that stuff isn't mechanically predictable or too difficult...then 2-3 months later complains about being bored or the server being too easy.
  • Tired of people attacking me directly because I fixed something HUGELY overpowered and very nicely gave a fair amount of buff/tweak nonsense in return...yet I'm still an asshole that has no idea how the server runs.
  • Tired of the expeditions being abused/broken (tired enough to revert them to LDON style dungeons or remove them).

My cheese:

• Thrilled to start seeing new faces and names appear.
  • Having fun building out T10 now that I can place structures, objects, and other goodies to help diversify the "feel" of the zone.
  • Enjoying number crunching various changes to actually give casters a well defined purpose.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2015, 03:08:04 pm »

Im tired of Hateborne refusing my sexual advances.

Im tired of Chunka sending me daily nudes through email.

Im tired of being poor and having to "work" for SLS with my mouth (giggity).

Im enjoy the server.

Buh bye.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »

My wine:

Tired of people QQing that stuff isn't mechanically predictable or too difficult...then 2-3 months later complains about being bored or the server being too easy.
Tired of people attacking me directly because I fixed something HUGELY overpowered and very nicely gave a fair amount of buff/tweak nonsense in return...yet I'm still an asshole that has no idea how the server runs.
Tired of the expeditions being abused/broken (tired enough to revert them to LDON style dungeons or remove them).

My cheese:

Thrilled to start seeing new faces and names appear.
Having fun building out T10 now that I can place structures, objects, and other goodies to help diversify the "feel" of the zone.
Enjoying number crunching various changes to actually give casters a well defined purpose.

-Hate

Hate... You really don't need or want my input but...guess what!   Just do what you feel is right....people are going to have freak outs no matter what you do and if you really feel that something needs to be removed/adjusted/fixed just do it... no debate..no discussion we are a crappy democracy.

Any change is like a band-aid stuck in a bad spot...you are going to lose a few hairs removing it...but its got to be done..

aside from that um...i hate mini dungeons or daily's cause they are boring to ME..
I understand that not everyone is full T9 looking to add some more dps with a 6man team... I get it..so remove them..fix them..whatever but if I had a vote they would not be in game. Having to trudge through trivial content to make my UW better is a shame...
I don't know how to make challenging content across the board for people that have 600k hps and people that have 4million ..I would suggest not trying.

and um.. Rent is a dick

I do enjoy playing one group and its a fun server even more so now that I only play 10 hrs a week as opposed to the 80+ I was doing..

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 06:16:21 pm »

and um.. Rent is a dick

again, why is my name here! seriously

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2015, 06:30:14 pm »

I think what they are referring to are the people who sit in Nexus/Surefall who never move from that zone (except to bot...I mean farm SLS) then want to buy everything and are T8 flagged and don't know how to spawn mobs in T5.....then want to complain on forums.  Roll Eyes

Again... who? No one does this. I mean - I get you guys are exaggerating to make a point, but do you mean folks who spend 10% of their time farming SLS? If so, that's their business. If they actually spent 100% of their time farming SLS that would be dumb because:

a.) It would be really, really, really boring
b.) No one in their right mind would actually sell all the gear or tier runs they need to progress through the entire game - unless it was a guildie, which again is their business and probably free
and
c.) They would have to zone in and get the gear eventually... probably consuming 90% of their playtime. Gear doesn't magically drop from trees and then fly to nexus on a magic carpet.

Jesus.

Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 06:49:23 pm »

So...for the nobody spends 100% of their time farming sls and buy gear drops argument....i give you breach.  He is completely t9 geared with a crew that didnt get started til after he was in t5....he would literally spend his entire day farming sls...or ct ess once they got stupid expensive.  And no...he didnt even bot.  He spent most of the time that he was farming yapping with me in vent.  So...yea...that shit happens, just ask rent =p
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 07:21:45 pm »

I know about Breach, he's like the outlier.

And I guarantee he knows how to spawn T5 bosses Tongue

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 07:38:53 pm »

Bizlord

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

Biz plays content - lots of it.  Roll Eyes

And since you are referring to his tank - I'd wager only a small portion of his tank's gear was bought - a good portion probably came from guild / friends.

Is that not allowed either?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:21:55 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081