Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 02:41:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: How should Skin of the Drake be throttled?  (Voting closed: February 07, 2015, 03:58:11 pm)
~18sec Duration, 90sec cooldown - 13 (27.7%)
Number of Hits - 20 (42.6%)
45-60s Debuff Preventing Application - 9 (19.1%)
Other (Explain) - 5 (10.6%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Quick Poll: Skin of the Drake  (Read 14930 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 12:43:18 am »

I chose other as I will likely bench my druid with any of these changes so doesn't matter to me Wink

Not complaining about the nerf, just being honest. As a test I tried using my druid for everything but drake yesterday and didn't seem of value.

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 01:44:11 am »

What would be the number of hits the buff would have, if that option were to be adopted?  I ask because I would like to be able to guess how long the buff might last, and the viability of having multiple druids to keep it up again.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 01:59:06 am »

It's pretty easy to gauge how many hits you can take before the buff fades, even if it's not totally spelled out in one of the wikis...use it and pull and see how many you get before it fades and you die, then adjust your pulls accordingly.  I don't understand why it has to be implicitly pointed out precisely how many, how much, what duration, heal value or any other spoilers you can offer up to figure out if it works for you or not.  It's simple, there are NO penalties for dying on EZ so play with it a bit, find out what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly.  When you get upgrades or gear advantages to help mitigate, test again and see what you can do before dying and adjust accordingly.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 07:20:59 am »

Dimur, that actually made sense and was helpful. Get that crap off the boards! Cheesy

Hit count IMO is the only viable way to work this. It keeps the original intent of drake intact, keeps druids viable as tank healers and gets rid of any invulnerability. In the long term the ONLY effect this is going to have is to 1) force tanks to pull less or 2) force em to go to UW mace, in essence almost halving warrior DPS. Either way this reduces the steamroll higher tiers have become, which regardless of your view on the matter IS AN ISSUE, if you're at all honest with yourself.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:24:07 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 07:25:05 am »

Oh, and for you newbies this simply puts drake back to where it was. Not so much a nerf as a re-correction.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 09:46:16 am »

My one and only concern about hateborne killing jesus, err fixing drake, is T9 and t7 are tuned for MASS pulls, mass kills, to spawn bosses and farm them normally.

Not only that but so are HOH tokens, Gemstone of the Ages, AA points in anguish (thats a big money maker there also).

Can we expect to see those tuned? and if so WHEN? if those will be tuned, then I say no changes to drake untill those changes are made as well. Because (and I do understand you have a life outside of everquest hate and not everything can be done in the blink of an eye) I dont want to have drake nerfed, then the other changes pushed to the back burner for a few months.

Krinkle Sprinkle
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 10:16:04 am »

Dimur, bravo again Sir.

mpano66, well put and the higher tiers are...well..I'm mixed. I would say people are too content with pulling entire chunks of the zone at a time and expect it to be the norm when breaking in.

Krinkle, most players are already invulnerable when clearing HoH. Gemstones are chance based, Anguish is whatever. With the addition of the rainbow crystals, which were around the time people started to notice Drake is op as hell. I will not be making the already hilariously easy grind easier. Drake currently is allowing immortality, that allows one to pull literally EVERYTHING with 0 fear of dying, short of 1 rounding, which is HUGELY affecting the pull rate. I will increase the drop rate in T9 based on numerous requests, but that's about it. Sorry to be a negative nancy about it. Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
troxeler

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:31 am »

Insert Quote
Hate,
I think your instincts are right about adjusting drake, but why not just tweak the heal amount or something, and see how that works? Having a hit count seems lame to me as you could pull a bunch of mobs, reach hit count then die. Peeps will just stop using the Druid imo. Longer duration recast just means another situational use and again Druid gets shelved.

Just halve the healing for now and leave rest alone and see where it leads? Why the rush to totally nuke drake?

Also was any content or drop rate adjusted to take drake into account? Someone mentioned t8 drop rates and the drake nerf affecting ones ability to get them at the same rate. If so that should be considered too.

I vote other and agree with Warbash here.

My one and only concern about hateborne killing jesus, err fixing drake, is T9 and t7 are tuned for MASS pulls, mass kills, to spawn bosses and farm them normally.

Not only that but so are HOH tokens, Gemstone of the Ages, AA points in anguish (thats a big money maker there also).

Can we expect to see those tuned? and if so WHEN? if those will be tuned, then I say no changes to drake untill those changes are made as well. Because (and I do understand you have a life outside of everquest hate and not everything can be done in the blink of an eye) I dont want to have drake nerfed, then the other changes pushed to the back burner for a few months.

And Krinkle here.

It seems as the content on EZ is designed around mass pulls/clear zones. Rinse repeat in order to grind aa's, farm essence, get enough HoH tokens to spawn the right boss to get that last piece of t4 gear, ect, ect...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 11:12:37 am »

I beg to differ on the content being designed around mass pulling, it's just that players figured out how to mass pull using the resources available to them and found it to be the most efficient way to farm.  Not trying to discount the rest of the post, it's a concrete opinion but I disagree with the assumption that Hunter or Hate wanted us to pull countless mobs to farm the items and AA we need.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 11:18:07 am »

I agree dim ... it wasn't till you were 3-4 tiers up that you could mass pull a zone now you can zone into t9 with uc3 and tank.the zone... the spell odds broken ... 20-30 mob pulls still allow 1-2 hgs an hour
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 02:28:52 pm »

^ This is another possibility.  Scale down the HP on each attack until it is no longer creating Invuln situations.  I would vote for this mechanic over the hits (which I voted for).

Please consider this one hate.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 04:11:35 pm »

I beg to differ on the content being designed around mass pulling, it's just that players figured out how to mass pull using the resources available to them and found it to be the most efficient way to farm.  Not trying to discount the rest of the post, it's a concrete opinion but I disagree with the assumption that Hunter or Hate wanted us to pull countless mobs to farm the items and AA we need.

Yeah I honestly was not sure if it was or not. I stopped playing right after the new spells were implemented. But one could assume that the content was designed around the current abilities of players, of which drake could have been a factor.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 09:02:52 pm »

I have not seen a GSOA in 3 months outside of buying a couple....thats with drake pulls...without....2 or 3 a year  seems like a silly drop rate

Peign
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 09:23:33 pm »

I have not seen a GSOA in 3 months outside of buying a couple....thats with drake pulls...without....2 or 3 a year  seems like a silly drop rate

Seems a tad off topic.   However, I've seen 4 gsoa in the week that I've been back.

perl rand()
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 05:58:28 am »

I will increase the drop rate in T9 based on numerous requests, but that's about it.

-Hate

Thank you,
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120