Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:34:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Instance System Update  (Read 43323 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2015, 06:49:00 am »

I zone faster, cool!

thanks!

why do I zone faster? doesn't matter!

Thanks for the 10hr codefest though!

you rock  Grin

Lord of Lunacy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2015, 07:10:53 am »

This seems like a lot of macros to move between instances. Is there anyway to change it from "enter guild toon zone" to "enter guild toon" or "raid join toon zone" to "raid join toon" but only if your in the same zone.

We can already do that using MQ2 - "enter guild toon ${Zone.ShortName}"
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2015, 01:29:08 pm »

TLDR; Please consider letting us switch instances in TOFS, without getting ported back to floor 1 when we do so. Also, thanks for all the hard work you put in, it's really appreatiated.
TLLDRR; Please let me continue to bypass content so I can get my shiny faster

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:10 pm »

TLDR; Please consider letting us switch instances in TOFS, without getting ported back to floor 1 when we do so. Also, thanks for all the hard work you put in, it's really appreatiated.

I guess its not a problem, can always just either stay in current instance or change and run 40ft and hit the mirror back to T-room then hit the mirror where you want to go then move to where you were then start again, and by that time the damn place is re-spawned in the instance you were in, in the first place.....

yeah, wait that's dumb. going back to port in area in TOFS for switching instances is kinda dumb, but that's just me

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2015, 02:16:08 pm »

This is what i plan on doing, I ended up troubleshooting a large issue that surfaced last night that i still need to fix. For those of you who were there that was the Nexus infinite loop of craziness, which ended up being related to light packets being spammed by the server.

For instances, I plan to:

• Adjust recreation timers: (to what not sure yet) - DONE, recreation timers are 2 minutes and deletion timers are now 10 minutes
  • Tie instance repops to the instance itself - DONE
  • When creating an instance that is local and not remote: create the instance bound to the creators local coordinates versus what the safe coordinates are designated for the zone. - Not sure this is necessary.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:07:50 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »

I guess its not a problem, can always just either stay in current instance or change and run 40ft and hit the mirror back to T-room then hit the mirror where you want to go then move to where you were then start again, and by that time the damn place is re-spawned in the instance you were in, in the first place.....

yeah, wait that's dumb. going back to port in area in TOFS for switching instances is kinda dumb, but that's just me

Agree with rent here. Or alternatively maybe change it for everyone but Balidet so he can enjoy running through TOFS   since he obviously loves it so much.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2015, 06:47:21 pm »

Updated above post

EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

Sick work man, nice!

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 05:43:01 am »

Thanks Akka.  Smiley

Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 06:10:01 am »

Thank you. +1

--
Rotic
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2015, 06:47:13 am »

• When creating an instance that is local and not remote: create the instance bound to the creators local coordinates versus what the safe coordinates are designated for the zone. - Not sure this is necessary.

I hope more people speak up. I've been talking with some in game that really wants it to stay the old way (in TOFS atleast). Popping at floor 1 when switching instances really has a huge impact on Ultimate charm and resistance stones farming. Perhaps HoH is better for that purpose now, sadly.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: February 08, 2015, 07:13:23 am »

I hope more people speak up. I've been talking with some in game that really wants it to stay the old way (in TOFS atleast). Popping at floor 1 when switching instances really has a huge impact on Ultimate charm and resistance stones farming. Perhaps HoH is better for that purpose now, sadly.

agree
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:15:00 am by warrior5 » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: February 08, 2015, 08:01:52 am »

Not sure how old code let you stay where you were but in tofs it would be helpful. Not sure , akka's solution is best though. Make an instance on floor 6 repop instance ports group to me. Possibly exploitable. I do think the change will have a major negative impact on new people keying up. Wonder if there is a secret in hunter's code on how it was done.

At least that way you had get everyone where you wanted them at least once.
    RedDwarf

View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: February 08, 2015, 08:21:03 am »

I understand why going back to ZI is done, but ToFS is a small issue, but not game breaking

One solution could be to add port component to keys, ( same as LDoN stone Level5 to 6 )
    So key click takes each toon to that level at port in point

Every toon has to have the key, so cant bypass it, or do NPC like miner script, "teleport to level x" again key required to port you
    Just saves running goons through every level, to get to the level you want

Just a couple ideas

Edit
    Would also need to add instance id coding to port you into instance, so may not be doable
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:41:42 am by RedDwarf » Logged

Peign
    « Reply #59 on: February 08, 2015, 08:47:54 am »

[/list]

Agreed
      « Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:58:53 am by Peign » Logged
      Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
      Print
      Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
      • Total Members: 6149
      • Latest: Acaelis
      Stats