Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:54:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: CT Essences  (Read 24745 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 02:17:58 pm »

Again, dont give a shit what ya do to UW.....I think if anything it needs to be harder, and many of the posters here have stated as much numerous times. My issue is that you shouldnt so closely tie UW to strikes/SoA/etc.

And sorry, Watch, but again our experiences differ. I know of several people I have helped who've cleared CT numerous times on their own with poor results while farming for their first strikes on a team....and they spent one hell of a lot more time, effort and farming than I did when I did it in Tacvi per essence....all because of ultimate weapons.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 02:30:19 pm »

Make a new team pl to 70 hit qvic spend the week farming there hit ct spend the week farming there...see how many ess you end up with...odds are you'll end up with 75% or more of the ess you'll need for augs/soa(which you won't be able to farm eon yourself till t4/t5) so what you suggest is to make it easier for you... and yea the content is trivial but the end result is uws make higher tiers easier...that's the end thought...as it stands qvic ct t7 t8 ate the wanted ess because they aren't as easy to come by...I seen 100 dmjr being sold for 8 mil then dropped to 7.5 mil the other day... that is nuts. .it's to easy...nice to have a time sink
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 02:33:52 pm »

I never worked on strikes in any capacity until I go to T4, I have never and will never understand how anyone can claim that the current system is somehow hindering people from being able to progress. Even if you are doing CT in relevant gear, I don't think it's an unreasonable return on investment. The last few stacks of essences I have farmed here have been at a 2 per 3 clears rate.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 02:37:18 pm »

Make a new team pl to 70 hit qvic spend the week farming there hit ct spend the week farming there...see how many ess you end up with...odds are you'll end up with 75% or more of the ess you'll need for augs/soa(which you won't be able to farm eon yourself till t4/t5) so what you suggest is to make it easier for you... and yea the content is trivial but the end result is uws make higher tiers easier...that's the end thought...as it stands qvic ct t7 t8 ate the wanted ess because they aren't as easy to come by...I seen 100 dmjr being sold for 8 mil then dropped to 7.5 mil the other day... that is nuts. .it's to easy...nice to have a time sink

Totally, completely wrong.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 02:42:18 pm »

I never worked on strikes in any capacity until I go to T4, I have never and will never understand how anyone can claim that the current system is somehow hindering people from being able to progress. Even if you are doing CT in relevant gear, I don't think it's an unreasonable return on investment. The last few stacks of essences I have farmed here have been at a 2 per 3 clears rate.

While you were typing this I did another clear with zero essences  Huh

Peign
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 02:51:29 pm »

Come on Watch we all loot the corpses. You're missing the point. It's not about making it easier necessarily. The boredom can be fixed in other ways. Putting CT ess in Dranik, or putting them on bosses, adding some other type of loot to CT, bringing Tacvi back as an optional zone for gear / essences etc.

I've helped numerous.New people... haven't had a single one complain about ess drop rate... only older geared players that are to lazy to farm... keep that in mind...I don't see a SINGLE ONE on here saying it's to hard...just people who don't like the zone

Most newbs don't even understand the value of essences until they are forced to make their strike augs - which sometimes doesn't happen till T3/T4 and T5. You don't hear them complain because they don't know. Maybe when the find out they quit Tongue

I deal with boredom via trolling.   It's all fun and games until you get put on /ignore!

LOL
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 02:53:16 pm »

Totally, completely wrong

That's what it looks like when someone summarily dismisses anything you've said because it doesn't agree with your own point of view, and it also subjects your own view to be dismissed as completely false in kind.
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 03:00:52 pm »

Y'all are arguing about the 'newer' players. Well, I'm a newer player (I'm finishing T4 when I actually play), and here's my 2cp.

CT was hell compared to Qvic. mobs hit A LOT harder, I could literally only tank 2-3 hits on my warrior before he died. I had 6 toons initially when I went through, then I grabbed another 6 sometime around when I was finishing T2. The small corridors and seemingly randomly-placed mobs made traveling a nightmare, and I couldn't realistically pull things either. Eventually I got gear and life got better, and I geared out my toons, and then I geared out my second group of toons. I loved the openness of qvic compared to the enclosed nature of CT, so (of course) I mostly stuck to the pyramid in CT.

But we aren't talking about the zone and how to get through it as a newb, we're talking about essences. Well, I went through the zone in two discrete time periods, raising 2 groups of toons. I got somewhere around 40 essences during that period. I've only made NS so far (i'm broke), but I've had plenty of essences for them, and I have 1 of each NS class (monk, rogue, ranger, beastlord, bard). Granted, I don't have those two-slot weapons yet, so I only have 2 augs per person isntead of 4. But if I continue to have enough DPS to ignore FS/IS and focus NS, when I get into T5, then... I still have enough CT essences!

tl;dr: I don't think there's a problem with essence drop rate, from a newbie essences requirements standpoint. I never saw TACVI, I think it would be interesting to see it come back as an option, but see no problem with CT now that mobs don't kill me Tongue

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »

I got to t9 only augin out 3 toons
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 03:20:39 pm »

Totally, completely wrong

That's what it looks like when someone summarily dismisses anything you've said because it doesn't agree with your own point of view, and it also subjects your own view to be dismissed as completely false in kind.

Eh

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 03:49:43 pm »

make tacvi an expedition add tacvi and qvic essences along with loot for qvic-t1 people.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 04:12:56 pm »

Dont make anything focus on t10

Or better yet...Make every named have 100% chance to drop an ess in every zone... that will make it less boring right?.... just leave shit alone...hell leave skin the way it is too who cares...just adjust
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:16:17 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »

Lol like we said auto lvl 78 at character creation let's do it!

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »

Forget everything I said I just figured out a way to farm CT 100x faster  Shocked

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 05:24:29 pm »

Finally figure out the zone connects in all areas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis