Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:00:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: underfoot help  (Read 17388 times)
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 11:05:57 am »

that i am.  no matter what i do neither underfoot or rof will let me go past character select.  any other suggestions?
my laptop is completely up to date with windows updates, driver updates, dx9c, visual basic c++ libraries, java, everything is up to date, i dont get it
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:19:33 am by zenthrose » Logged
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »

gonna try a fresh install of them and see if that works.  if not im out of ideas
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 01:41:20 pm »

its a toshiba satellite c55d, amd e1 processor, 1Ghz amd radeon graphics card

Came across this

Quoted from sony website
The AMD C-xx and the built-in GPU have not been supported since their introduction. The other AMD notebooks using AMD E1-2100 APU or similar APU will also not run EQ pass the character selection screen. If someone does they have not acknowledged it.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/client-crash-after-character-select.213990/

Maybe some help

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:43:43 pm by Aeryn » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 02:52:45 pm »

Also make sure you've edited the shortcut properly....modified all necessary files as outlined by the guide or emu instructions. No loaders, no patchers.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 03:27:34 pm »

@aeryn thats basically saying i cant play cuz of the amd e1.
@chunka i have the shortcut set to patchme at the end, and the eqhost file says login.eqemulator.net:5999
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »

if it was not patchme ect you would not get to char select... you could not see the server so this is not the problem...

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 05:08:16 pm »

No, but if he were one of those trying to run EZ from the beta patcher he might.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 04:52:43 pm »

I actually prefer to make changes myself if there is a guide for it.  so i actually saved the guide to a txt file on my computer. i even went as far as to reinstall visual redist 2005 for the c++ library error i keep getting, no luck, used optioneditor.exe and set everything to min even res at 800x648 i think(the lowest res) same crash after i click no on send the info as posted above i really noticed it had another error, it was the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Terminated.
Any other suggestions? ideas???
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 12:07:03 am »

ok, here is an update to my problem, i borrowed my brother-in-laws copy of visual studios ultimate 2013 and ran the program in debug mode to find out where i was crashing at and apparently i have 5 .dll files at fault but can't seem to get them fixed. the files are powrprof.dll, atiu9pag.dll, atiumdva.dll, atiumdag.dll, aticfx32.dll, now the ati .dll files are associated with my amd radeon hd 8210 graphics card. but those i have deleted and reinstalled over a dozen times trying to fix my error.  and also (x64 processor mind you) the game is loading the files from the sysWOW64 folder instead of the system32 folder, how do i fix this?
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 12:55:05 pm »

You need to look for the compatibility fix for Windows 8
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:31 pm »

@ishallnotdie where is said combatibility fix?  if you are referring to using combatibility mode, i have tried them all.
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 05:31:15 am »

I honestly think we have given much as we can on this one

My advice would be, if you already haven't done
Is try installing the steam F2P RoF with updates, and see if that runs

If it does, try the emu version again, may install something needed

Or try Sony help, if it dosnt

Red
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:37:09 am by RedDwarf » Logged

zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:46 am »

that didnt work either red, i did try something though and it worked, i installed titanium and was able to log right in, the client just tells me to upgrade to underfoot, could i just copy all the zone files and spell files and be able to play that way? i primarily use either a rogue or warrior?
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 10:34:25 am »

Not really

You can play upto a point with titanium
But new spells , items won't work
As ids are beyond what titanium can read

If current RoF isn't working, I would post on Sony forums
Hopefully they may have an answer

It does sound like gpu issue thou
Have a look at dbg txt, it may show where it is falling over

Red

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 02:26:21 pm »

Not compatibility mode... I don't use 8.1 but I remember reading something on this issue about a year ago.. my guess would be you could find what you're looking for from "live"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209