Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:06:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: underfoot help  (Read 17389 times)
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 11:40:23 am »

i noticed that with a resent update that live has, i can play on live, but i still can not play on any of the eqemulator servers Sad i have tried just copying over the files that got changed which where the eqgame.exe, eqgraphicsdx9.dll, eqmain.dll, moddat.ini, ondemandresources.txt, and requirments.txt.  but that doesnt work.  i have even tried just using the same version for live here and it just hangs at the server select
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 12:58:26 pm »

I'm not going to sit here and search for you ... no offense man ... but if you dig back I told yoiu i seen this error before on these forums... looking prob a year or so ago prob under general discussion. I cant tell you what the forum name is but i do remember reading this same issue. If i recall it was a fairly easy fix. I suggested live forums because i figured others had the same issue and would be more support. 

Do you have a log of the reason it's crashing error# ref# ?

when you used the live version did you run the patchme on the shortcut and change the login server? if you got it up on live you should be able to get it running here.

if that doesnt work try using the old files you updated and do some switching around and testing i.e use old files and the updated .dll files

be creative
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:12:30 pm by WatchYouDie » Logged
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »

@watchyoudie
i have tried all the links i can find.  i even was in chat with live support for about 3 weeks.  and then with an update back on 03-31-2015 it would work,  i have been trying to figure out a combination of all the files to get it to work. no luck, that is why i am seeing if there is someone here that might know what i need to do now!  and the crap about the apu not working is not true.  i can run live on my apu just fine now, but not on any of the eqemulator servers, and i want to know why.  i thank you for the help you have provided me in the past for this issue, but it hasnt helped me play on eqemulator.  up till the update on 03-31-2015 i couldnt even play on live.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 01:27:31 pm »

could be a client version issue on server side prob needs to be updated on server side ask akka
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 07:36:36 am »

If you do not follow the steps to create your account that are listed on eqemu site, your account will try to hook up with the "live" servers......follow these instructions.  You can find the complete listing on eqemulator.net.......

Step 3 - Login Server Account
•You will now need to create a Login Server account that you will use log into the EQEmulator Loginserver. ◦Please go to the Login Server page (located under Miscellaneous in your UserCP∞). ◾Select "Create a LS Account."
◾Fill out the fields and proceed.
◾*Please note that your EQEmulator Forum account and EQEmulator Login Server account are totally seperate; you should use a different username/password combination for each.

•Your Login Server Account passwords are now recoverable as of March 2014, but you must setup verification right away. ◦Verification

§Step 4 - EQHost File
•In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your eqhost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the eqhost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):

§Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer:

?

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

§Seeds of Destruction/Underfoot/Rain Of Fear:

?

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999

§Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
•Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parentheses), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:
•"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme
•Or if you do not have spaces in the path, it will look like this without quotes:
•C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 10:57:30 am »

@orthanos  i know how to set it up.  if you read this whole thread you will see what the issue is that i am having.  underfoot/rof2 unpatched doesnt let me connect.  and up till the last patch from sony on 03-31-2015 i couldnt even connect to live.  i have more than one instance of everquest on my computer, i actually have 4. the only client i can connect with that i have is titanium, and with that nothing really works outside of your low lvl crap. none of the buffs, my epic 2.5s dont work

edit: and your i mean the stuff that everyone as at the lower lvls
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:24:00 am by zenthrose » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2015, 06:07:19 am »

Well then never mind....  Wink

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 11:50:56 pm »

just an update and an fyi, if you have an apu processor the best way to play is on linux using playonlinux with the wine add on at the system settings.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209