Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:26:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: underfoot help  (Read 17390 times)
zenthrose

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:46 pm »

ok i just got a new computer and i copied the files i had from one computer which is now dead(win xp sp3) to a flash drive and copied to my new computer(win 8.1 x64) and i can get the character select but when i select character it crashes.  any suggestions?
eq is in the program files x86 folder, set to run as admin, ive even tried compatibility mode for xp-8.
its a toshiba satellite c55d, amd e1 processor, 1Ghz amd radeon graphics card
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »

Did you load up DX9.0c?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:48:17 pm »

Also.....may as well do RoF2 rather than Underfoot. FAR FAR better client.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:05 pm »

so we have rof/rof2 support? and do i have to copy the files as i did with underfoot?
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:45:50 pm »

Hit the ezguide. It will walk ya through the process.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:30:33 am »

Oh, and regardless the client, you must make sure you have direct x 9.0c loaded. You can still find 9.0c on MS website.....I believe its the June 2010 Runtime, which would be here.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 11:43:59 am »

I might make the jump to Rof

T5 and T5 mini broken for my bot army for some reason.
zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 11:48:08 am »

thanks @chunka. ill look back at it and see where i missed it.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 12:38:45 pm »

I would also move eq out of program files x86 - system protected folder
Just have the eq folder on c: or other drive

Once you have run and installed direct x
Run optioneditor set to 800x600 resolution
Then run eq and set res in game to what you want

Din
how do mean when you say "broken"?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:08:15 pm by Aeryn » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 12:53:52 pm »

I changed nothing about my setup why it is odd.

The instances of that version crash.  when I try to load into regular t5 or t5 instance.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 01:00:42 pm »

I know T5 is buggy if globalload.txt has been altered and changing illsalina_chr.txt to
dke,dke

Should fix it, But if it has worked, and now crashing with no change, not sure why, sorry

zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 03:09:45 pm »

@aeryn i tried that didnt change anything with underfoot or rof2. everytime after character select screen it says that the app reported crashing
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 03:35:33 pm »

These errors are usually to do with graphic card, have a look at dbg.txt in the logs folder, may give some clue

Do you get any error ref/number, or just does it just say its crashed and shut down?

Only other thing i can possibly think of, is some core system files arn't installed
M/S Netframework etc, may be wrong thou

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:48:40 pm by Aeryn » Logged

zenthrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 03:56:39 pm »

here is a copy of the exact text on the EverQuest Crash Notification

EverQuest has detected that your client may have crashed.

It is possible to determine where and why the crash occurred.

Click OK to send this data back to the developers in an effort to help stability of the game.

Also, if you have a moment, please enter details about what you were doing when you crashed.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 07:47:53 pm »

are you using default ui?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131