Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:12:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: How the Server dies...  (Read 17946 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:59:33 pm »

Just like this...

derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:50:58 pm »

We being dramatic or did i miss something?
Akito1221

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:06:44 pm »

Something does need to be done to help new players stick with our server. What about dragon style armor in other tiers to help people progress. Maybe 2 or 3 tiers lower then current content.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:38:07 am by Akito1221 » Logged
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:22:22 pm »

I'm basically a new player and I think up to podragons is just fine (that is as far as my crew is flagged, still missing a couple pieces of qvic, a ton of ct and t1/2 but im enjoying it) I think the biggest thing is that the newbies aren't reading that boxing is pretty much a  must to get anywhere. I just started my second group to add a couple more dps and shaman/chanter for buffs but they are still very low level.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 01:29:10 am »

No nothing happened and no drama...just the gradual decline...

we are lucky to break 200 players now on a weekend.....reality is we rarely have more than 30 people online...

I have no magic bullet solution ....

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 06:01:30 am »

Weather warms up and the server goes down a little...its normal every year...nothing to see here...move along.  This is just the normal ebb and flow

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:42:14 am »

Yup it's summer Smiley I'm coaching my sons baseball team, no time to play right now.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 09:49:34 am »

Orth got it in one. I've been seeing these same type posts for 18 years now, in a ton of games. Absolutely normal. The sky isnt falling.

I typically afk more than I play (just how my life goes) and with spring here I'll be spending a ton more time on yard work, remodeling the bathroom, painting the kitchen and living room, working on a portable cold fusion device.....you know, the usual. Shit gets busier this time of year for me, and I doubt I am unique.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 10:39:12 am »

Folks come and go and then come back to the server when they have time. I think it's fine. Heck it's not really any different from when I left 3 years ago. I feel it was a ghost town when I left. /shrug

Now to hijack this topic a moment to focus all of your nerdery powers - I've been thinking that if there was a way to reduce the time it takes to load in my dudes into EZ it would help me play more often. I've have to load in 13-14 boxes. I've done some things to speed things up for instance I use a windows batch file to load all the shortcuts I have on my desk top but still entering all those passwords takes time, then going through the character select option also takes time. The batch file is great but I'm still typing in all the passwords. I found a link here in forums that gave me some info about allowing MQ2 to auto click the Eula etc. But I wasn't able to get mq2 to enter the passwords for me and server select.  If anyone knows of a method that would allow me to carry out that function I would dance a jig.

My point is I know I would(maybe others too) play more often in between daily activities if I could quickly load in and kill things for half hour here forty five there. As it stands now it takes 10 plus to get everyone into the game. (not a hardware or connection issue either just the sheer number of manual entries)

As for the dragon class in other tiers... I would love to see that in t4 + - flipping 3 weeks and still cant' get 2 t4 zerker bps!

Anyway all is well.

Deadend
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 11:19:10 am »

I've been thinking that if there was a way to reduce the time it takes to load in my dudes into EZ it would help me play more often. I've have to load in 13-14 boxes. I've done some things to speed things up for instance I use a windows batch file to load all the shortcuts I have on my desk top but still entering all those passwords takes time, then going through the character select option also takes time

Only way i know, is autologin, but still cluncky, as needs update every day with new server number
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3851.0

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 11:52:27 am »

Another issue, too, is that a lot of people are waiting for T10. Content for many has been conquered, so logging in is harder (gets boring fast for some). Minis are god awful to many, and some dont want to start up another UW grind. So....yeah, pops down because of that, too. Again, very normal. We've seen it before.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kielohawk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 03:48:55 pm »

I haven't been playing lately due to warmer weather and getting ready for a physical fitness test for work.  If I had run all those miles in RL that I ran in EQ for the last few months I would be in freakin awesome shape! Lol I do check forums regularly though and plan on playing a little soon. I am flagging my third group through T5 and you know how that is.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:36:19 pm by Kielohawk » Logged
Kielohawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 03:50:44 pm »

If I find myself yelling "Anyone have SOW?" during my 1.5M run I know I have a problem  Shocked
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 07:22:15 pm »

like already stated, summer time = less people logging in. A lot of people try to take advantage of this thing called life when the weather is nice.

as also already stated, waiting on T10..............waiting............waiting...........

Its hard to log in when you have pretty much everything, done everything, been everywhere, etc. its like what's the damn point?

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 07:09:08 am »

AS someone who hates outside.  I've just not been around because this is my busiest month of the year.

Musical over in 1 week thankfully.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061