Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:44:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 12+ boxing questions  (Read 13707 times)
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 05:49:52 pm »

What video card do you have?

Also, when you are experiencing the lag, open up the task manager or resource monitor and check on your CPU usage.

I would triple check any potentially conflicting frame rate applications -- MQ2FPS, WinEQ/ISBoxer, EQ itself, as others are suggesting.

Might want to check if the lag persists without MQ2 running and how the "light" clients compare to just normal clients. Maybe something in the optimization thread or the MQ2 plugins is borked for RoF2.

Blarr!
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 12:15:39 am »

Wineq.
GeForce gtx 660sc 2GB
I'm out of town for a couple days so I'll check that stuff you mentioned when I get back  Blurring.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 09:07:35 am »

I'd drop wineq actually uses more resources
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 07:55:55 pm »

Yeah, I have to agree. Wineq causes more problems than it solves for a lot of people. Not needed with newer clients and MQ2.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 08:13:53 pm »

I would contend most people could benefit from WinEQ -- but, if it's causing problems, it should be removed Tongue

If you are ever bored, bench your frame rate on background clients with and without WinEQ. Yes you will likely use more resources with WinEQ, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:19:28 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 11:07:25 pm »

I'd drop wineq actually uses more resources

What is the other option? Just use the client as is or Isoboxer or some other program?

Deadend
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 11:49:43 pm »

yea just run the client ... with the autologin thread it explains how to shortcut toons etc... pretty nice actually
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 09:17:18 am »

I only know a couple people using 8.1....and they just use RoF2 and MQ2.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 11:17:20 am »

I am finally back home, I will try the autologin deal because I have hell remembering all the account names and passwords!

edit: autologin.dll appcrashing eqgame.exe Sad
edit2: very strange, crashing my warrior account out but tried another and it worked
edit3: nope none of them work now...wtf
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:51:05 am by derekthom » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 05:44:04 pm »

Try and find a more current autologin mac ... but i was more saying that you could just make the shortcut with the account login and just type the password in to load up like wineq2
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »

this in the shortcut? eqgame.exe patchme /login:accountname ? if it works that way id be fine with it. the one feature i liked about wineq was it gave each window the name (in my case class because thats what i named each window) of each account i logged in
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 10:01:38 pm »

so i've been playing for a bit without wineq and it seems as if everything is running smoothly (i havent tried going back to qvic yet as i am bored to death there, but no problems in nexus) thanks everyone for their input, it has been greatly appreciated
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6129
  • Latest: Zandaar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65004
  • Total Topics: 5055
  • Online Today: 184