Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:17:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: We're Making A List!  (Read 44054 times)
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:32 am »

Ultimate charm version 1 is reporting a 50% spell damage boost. I thought it was 200% before? And some guildies are reporting that to create an instance use to be around 25k for solo, 75k for guild but they were seeing 100k for solo and 600k for guild. Hmm.. I remember in the past if you didn't buy the waypoint from the noobie vendor (1mil plat) and you tried to hail the waypoint instead you would get those ridiculous figures but not sure about now since the waypoint items are free. I have a free waypoint item so I don't pay but just voicing a concern for the guildies.

Thanks for listening.

Mix
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2015, 01:55:21 am »

Maybe a combine that would allow an aug to stay the same but its ID to change?

So you could have a FSV and combine with a aug changer 1 and get a FSV-1 Add a Aug Changer 2 and get a FSV-2...

So a 3 aug weapon could have a FSV, A FSV-1, and a FSV-2

I'm no programmer so have no idea if thats even possible or worth it, or maybe just to complicated, but just a thought.

Better plan, copy paste the code for the augs 2-3 times rename each copy to add a 1-2-3 and add the first rank of each to the vendor like the original augs then be done with it. Anyone can use UF to still stack the normal augs and if someone wants the convenience of RoF2 they can just farm up more augs.

This is backwards thinking, its an issue today and someday UF wont be available. I get that this is a free server and dev time is limited but do you want to force new people to DL 2 clients and then learn the whole aug / deaug thing to get the appropriate aug in the right slot? Lets think ahead to new people and not just be ok with inconveniencing the current people.

Are you actually reading? Or is it just that you decided to ignore what was said? BOTH of us gave a suggestion on how to fix the issue WITHOUT forcing people to use UF.
Seems as though you are only interested in changing it so that RoF2 allows everyone to stack the same exact aug. What if it's too big of a problem to fix that way? Why can't we just make multiple different augs with the same effect to counter this?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2015, 10:41:05 am »

Are you actually reading? Or is it just that you decided to ignore what was said? BOTH of us gave a suggestion on how to fix the issue WITHOUT forcing people to use UF.
Seems as though you are only interested in changing it so that RoF2 allows everyone to stack the same exact aug. What if it's too big of a problem to fix that way? Why can't we just make multiple different augs with the same effect to counter this?

Multiple different augs are literally so much worse on the dev side that I'd rather buy rent a small cloud server to host the UF client myself.  I'm not coming down or throwing you into the streets, just making note that Love/Akk/I would literally have to remake EVERY single recipe for EVERY possible combination. In example: If you use FSIVa to make FSVb, I need another item added to the combine to differentiate from FSVa. If you want to use FSIVa to make FSVc, I need a different item added to combine to differentiate from FSVa or FSVb. It means literally each recipe has a special item to combine it in to that version. As stated previously, you weren't to know, so I appreciate all the feedback. I've got a fix for this, but I need to be literally, PERFECTLY clear that I am understanding exactly how it will affect everyone. Once I finish up the query side, I'll send to Akkadius for "peer review" to make sure I didn't so something stupidly obvious. It'll be the permanent fix to this nonsense. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2015, 10:51:14 am »

I have found on all toons OTHER THAN your main/secondary tank that just putting a resist stone 8/9/10 in those 3 slots fixs my problem of having to use another client or stack multiple augs with UF....of course if I were still having to strike aug my toons I guess it would be frustrating....but you guys seem to be having kittens here.  Fun times. Keep it up!  Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »

that I'd rather buy rent a small cloud server to host the UF client myself. 

-Hate

You're going to buy me a Cloud Server? Awesome

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

1H/2H comments from the Epic Vendor would be welcome. 

"Caught up" details the changes from weapons to augments, but doesn't cover how you switch between 1H and 2H augs.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2015, 08:16:57 pm »

Maybe a combine that would allow an aug to stay the same but its ID to change?

So you could have a FSV and combine with a aug changer 1 and get a FSV-1 Add a Aug Changer 2 and get a FSV-2...

So a 3 aug weapon could have a FSV, A FSV-1, and a FSV-2

I'm no programmer so have no idea if thats even possible or worth it, or maybe just to complicated, but just a thought.

Better plan, copy paste the code for the augs 2-3 times rename each copy to add a 1-2-3 and add the first rank of each to the vendor like the original augs then be done with it. Anyone can use UF to still stack the normal augs and if someone wants the convenience of RoF2 they can just farm up more augs.

This is backwards thinking, its an issue today and someday UF wont be available. I get that this is a free server and dev time is limited but do you want to force new people to DL 2 clients and then learn the whole aug / deaug thing to get the appropriate aug in the right slot? Lets think ahead to new people and not just be ok with inconveniencing the current people.

Yes I actually read it Smiley I think my post came of harsher than intended. My point was it was working fine in UF, changing the recipes seems like a bandaid to something that need not be broken in the 1st place.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
jdvillan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:12 pm »

What if we just had an NPC that slotted it in the second slot? And/or an NPC that when you hand him any aug, he gives you a Version B of that aug. Only the version A's could be combined, so youd have to hand him the B back to make it an A before doing any combines.

Glendon
Only the Brave (OtB)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:58 pm »

What if we just had an NPC that slotted it in the second slot? And/or an NPC that when you hand him any aug, he gives you a Version B of that aug. Only the version A's could be combined, so youd have to hand him the B back to make it an A before doing any combines.

Or just do it for IX augs and above. Easy bandaid for only a few items.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2015, 10:55:48 pm »

OOOOORRRR
'
fuck yer stacking augs!

Smiley

haxors!

hi...

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2015, 11:35:25 pm »

Hate's stated that he has some ideas for a solution. From what he said its not an easy fix, would involve changing a ton. Keep in mind augs were never meant to be stacked, was in fact Hunter allowing and taking advantage of a hole in the client (as I recall). Anywhere else it WAS an exploit.

Meanwhile if you want to stack augs loading up UF for 30 seconds aint that big of a deal. Its worth it for what RoF2 brings to the server.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2015, 06:15:25 am »

Multiple different augs are literally so much worse on the dev side that I'd rather buy rent a small cloud server to host the UF client myself.  I'm not coming down or throwing you into the streets, just making note that Love/Akk/I would literally have to remake EVERY single recipe for EVERY possible combination. In example: If you use FSIVa to make FSVb, I need another item added to the combine to differentiate from FSVa. If you want to use FSIVa to make FSVc, I need a different item added to combine to differentiate from FSVa or FSVb. It means literally each recipe has a special item to combine it in to that version. As stated previously, you weren't to know, so I appreciate all the feedback. I've got a fix for this, but I need to be literally, PERFECTLY clear that I am understanding exactly how it will affect everyone. Once I finish up the query side, I'll send to Akkadius for "peer review" to make sure I didn't so something stupidly obvious. It'll be the permanent fix to this nonsense. :-)

-Hate
I was actually wondering if anyone beyond you, akka, and love would point this out. Was thinking of adding something in there about just making a single recipe for each rank of the aug that would just turn the aug into an a, b, or c version and then just have the recipe cycle through to get it back to the original for upgrading the aug.
BUT I figured you probably would think of something like that anyway if you were even going to go for making new recipes at all.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2015, 01:36:25 pm »

Updated original post.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2015, 02:08:34 pm »

Wanted to take a sec and give huge thanks to Hate/Love for making these changes.....especially the newbie fixes. LONG time overdue! I really think this will encourage more long term new players.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akito1221

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2015, 08:38:41 pm »

If were looking to keep players around for longer, I've always wondered why we haven't added "dragon" style armor for each farm zone, once it becomes one. This would help the lower level's progress faster and not hit the T4/T5 walls.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439