Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:35:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates - Donations, Upcoming AA Update, T10 Testing etc.  (Read 22182 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 12:13:12 pm »

All,

I've been very busy to say the least, and so has Hate. But I hope you all are having a great summer and have been enjoying your time on the EZ Server.

I have a few announcements to make.

Donations:
  • I will be running donations for one more week, through the 24th and they will be shut down indefinitely
  • There is completely new pricing for EZ Rewards, a lot of the more ridiculously priced items by Hunter from the original days have been cut to a more reasonable number. These adjustments have been as a result of discussion/listening to players and executed by Hateborne

AA Update & Server Code Update & T10:
  • We have a rather large update to add AA's all the way through Live EQ, this is a massive rewrite on the back-end to allow all of the new AA data but it also poses a challenge for us on EZ because all of these spells have to be retrieved from the Live Spells data in order for a lot of these AA's to actually work. We will make a post on how this update will be handled, if there are any game breaking AA effects, as well as AA effects that don't appear to work at all etc.
  • These updates also include a variety of optimizations that will help us with the new T10 zone and for all large zones combined. While T10 is impressive in its architecture, it definitely puts strain on the limitations of the EverQuest client because of how things were built back in the day. I will clarify as to when I plan to land this update.
  • When this update lands, Hate should be able to proceed with his BETA testings of T10. He has been making changes even since the last BETA and should allow us to make any changes to make it an enjoyable experience.

If anyone has any questions about any of this feel free to post.

Thanks,
~Akka
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:16:00 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
GebbonEQ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:11:04 pm »

Consider double credits for the last week?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »

Consider double credits for the last week?

No

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:36:57 pm »

Just for transparency can you share with us the reason for the cessation of donations?

I am not complaining just looking for clarification so we the humble masses can understand:)

thank you in advance for your compliance with my humble request.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 02:22:16 pm »

No idea the exact reason for this, but I've been expecting this for a long time. The amount of BS you have to go through for online donations of any kind increases annually....often exponentially. No way in hell Unca Sugar would let any amount of online transition of capital go on without gettin their cut....and whenever that happens the amount of labor involved just keeping compliance standards about requires a full time CPA.

Not saying thats why, but even if thats not the reason now it will be in the very near future.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:40:42 pm »

Will there be any alternative ways to gain credits? I would hate to see new players lose out on the option to use some of those awesome reward items.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 03:30:36 pm »

To clarify, it could be a month, 2 months, whatever. I'm just putting them on hold  for now. Indefinite does not mean forever.

EZ Server GM
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 04:01:19 pm »

Just want to say thanks for adding raid summon reward item, works well
Just wish i could trade in group one now its obsolete, but nm

Thanks again Akka and Hate =)

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »

Not exactly true, there are times where you want toons parked around a zone as summon anchors with group coh, raid coh would yank them out of their spots. T7 is poopy without a few CoHers littered around the zone.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 08:19:06 pm »

I've always thought the prices were too high, good to see a few of these come down a bit.

Personally, I can't bring myself to do a sizable donation without double credits as I can't justify the expense otherwise. IMO a lot of items are still "hedge fund manager" status.

I'll hope and pray for DC at some future date.

Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 08:31:56 pm »

Did some items get removed? I didn't see the instant cure group item when I checked it out about an hour ago.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 09:38:46 pm »

How much is the summon raid?

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 11:17:31 pm »

This pisses me off and I dont know why would someone please give me a valid reason. Damn you akka even taking away my ability to know why im angry at a change that hasnt happened yet. sadfacedays man sadfacedays....

Krinkle Sprinkle
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 03:17:24 am »

This pisses me off and I dont know why would someone please give me a valid reason. Damn you akka even taking away my ability to know why im angry at a change that hasnt happened yet. sadfacedays man sadfacedays....

Tone down on the crack there buddy.

EZ Server GM
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 06:57:58 am »

I've been trying to find a reason to play, this reason may be the answer......

I've been having a lot of sex with a lot of goats lately and it is getting in the way of my game play time

When I have sex with goats I imagine I am playing in T10, that is the only way I can finish!

lol, good changes though, I will have to log in and take a look at the prices.

Also, wow, a hell of a lot of work to do that AA change thing, I can only imagine it will boost game play quite a bit and give everyone a lot of great new abilities both passive and activated. Very awesome indeed sir.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187