Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:27:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Cracking Qvic...  (Read 22251 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 12:27:38 pm »

True, you can follow people in, the mobs seem easier farther in. But my logic, if I can't handle the 3 trash mobs in the corner at once, How can I do a boss who spawns at least 3 trash mobs. And so, as far as my box group doing qvic, they need to be doing it without outside help.

Not that I don't use help to get them geared, but my goal is to be able to do qvic with my box group.

Got some Tacvi gear on my warrior. He seems to handle tanking now. Also put another 100 AA's on the cleric to help with healing, defense and agro. Should be able to box qvic bosses now. Just need to develop my boxing skills.

Current box group:
3.0x2 monk, almost full tacvi gear
3.0x2 bard, full qvic gear
3.0x2 Warrior, almost full tacvi gear
3.0/2.0 cleric, mostly qvic gear (rotten aug bath ate my qvic pants)

Seems like a strong group, the weak link now is my ability to handle boss adds as they spawn. A few seconds of delay can wipe my group.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:06 pm »

Make sure you are burning those adds down as they spawn. Don't let them pile up.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 03:02:29 pm »

Thanks Xiggie,

Do those adds keep spawning if you stop attacking the boss?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »

IIRC Adds spawn at certain % of health on boss. like 90%, 80%, etc... on down. Not on a minute or second timer

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 03:41:50 pm »

This is the same for qvic, tacvi and PoD of course though changing how many adds per boss. The bosses that spawn adds spawn them at every approximate 20%. I say approximate because it does not do it at exactly 80/60/40/20/0. For example, once agroed the boss will trigger add to spawn somewhere between 100 and 80% and is random every time. And will do the same thing for every 20%. It is possible that you could get an ad at 81% and another at 79% thus having 2 sets of adds at once. What I usually do is make sure my dps'rs are concentrated on the adds while leaving my warrior still whacks on the main boss. You just have to make sure you pull your dps off the main and put them on the trash.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 11:57:24 am »

Assuming I only have a warrior and monk for melee, backed by a bard for haste/ds/regen and a cleric spamming vivification...

If I pull both the warrior and monk to adds, I assume no more adds will spawn until we refocus on the boss. The warriors AOE proc, I hope, would keep the boss from agroing on the cleric.

If killing adds takes too long and the boss regens back above the 80% mark, for example, would adds spawn again when it goes below that mark again? 

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 11:59:43 am »

Assuming I only have a warrior and monk for melee, backed by a bard for haste/ds/regen and a cleric spamming vivification...

If I pull both the warrior and monk to adds, I assume no more adds will spawn until we refocus on the boss. The warriors AOE proc, I hope, would keep the boss from agroing on the cleric.

If killing adds takes too long and the boss regens back above the 80% mark, for example, would adds spawn again when it goes below that mark again? 

I dont think so unless I didnt notice, me and my bro have fought a boss down really low and wiped and came back (before instancing, don't know if changes with instancing) and fought same boss and didnt have any adds till we got the boss back down to the right percent we left off at
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 12:40:15 pm »

Now that is an interesting tidbit.

I wonder how long a boss would stay there and wait for a party to come and re-engage it? Wouldn't it eventually despawn or something?
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 01:20:10 pm »

As far as I've seen in Qvic a boss once spawned will not despawn.  Usually they're not up long enough for that to matter.   Wink  Additionally, any adds that are left also do not despawn.  FUN!  

Also, once you've run a boss thru any portion of it's script, that portion will not trigger again.  Like others have said, I've engaged bosses after wiping part way thru the fight (in some cases nearly the whole way).  They did not spawn adds at those points that have already been triggered.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:14:49 pm by Gantrathor » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

Don't worry about putting the warrior on the adds too. Maybe pop over to him to hit cyclone blade or area taunt if it is not up to snatch attention. Just use the monk to take the adds down. It is also a good idea to have your cleric somewhat near your warrior so that if adds do get on your cleric you can click cyclone blade and snatch agro back. If this happens you can also switch targets on your warrior and right click your 3.0 and it will snatch the mob from your cleric.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 11:12:22 am »

Upon a visit from the Plate Fairy last night at 1am, I have finished gearing my toons in Qvic. (2 plate legs in a row, thank you Plate Fairy!!). This seemed to get out of hand, but while hunting plate legs I figured I would gear up all my other toons on the rots (11 fully Qvic geared toons in all, I just hate to see things go to waste).

Thank you to all who gave sound advice. I will summarize what I learned from others and experience.

The key to downing Qvic bosses is to take out the adds:
1. keep the adds off your healer
2. kill them before more spawn

My big challenge with this was targeting. Too often the boss mob is huge and when you try to click on the add you just get the boss.
So using a 3.0 warrior (aoe agro proc), as soon as the boss spawns, take a step backwards. Now when the adds spawn, they will come to you and you can hit F8 to autotarget them and take them out. You can also hit escape and target them when they hit you. This takes some timing.

When I started in Qvic I could barely take on the entrance mobs. By the end of my gearing in Qvic I am doing bosses with a pally/war duo.

Nice tough zone. Took me forever to break into it, so overcoming the challenge made it a sweet victory.

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:51 am »

Yeah when I first tried tacking on qvic solo I had a special method. Basically because my comp sucked I could only duel box it so I would start attacking it with my main for a few secs trying to get aggro, then have my alt attack(2.0 2.5 isn't special). Now I always have three macros <hidec looted>, <hidec None> and <hidec all>. My alt not being very uber would stick to attacking the boss and wouldn't spawn that many adds, while my main would switch off to adds and try and mow them down fast. Now the key for me at least was clicking <hidec all> as soon as the add died. This would erase corpses and allowed me to quickly join in on the attack on the boss, after adds would drop.

To make my point I'm a pally with at the time 50k hp and had only a taunt button lol. It was rare that my alt would die, cause believe it or not, attacking a mob first and hitting taunt goes a long way. But I wouldn't have been able to do it without hidec all. When the fight was ending I looted corpses with alt, and if it was something my main needed(which was like never) I would simply click hidec none and it would reeappear.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:33:57 am by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Balthor2
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 12:56:49 am »

Make sure to use the "Cycle through nearest NPCs" key. Bind it to something you can hit quickly.
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 03:44:53 am »

Box 6 toons, and use macros, ask yellowbird which ones he uses
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 11:37:44 am »

obviously not everyone wants to/can 6 box, and it definitely doesn't require macros to do it, but I would say, it can be done with a 3 box if you know what you're doing, and a lot easier with a 4 box. You just have to utilize everything you have.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 105
  • Online Ever: 8678