Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 09:44:47 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Bashful Crustacean's Rebuttal CD  (Read 17368 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »

Whatevs gl hf hopefully Akka changes this back.

Peign
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 04:48:14 pm »

I'm not in T10 gear. I still suck at T10, and I am actually rather enjoying that.

T9 was a joke after the nerfs. You shouldnt be able to zone in with T8 gear and be able to pull 30 to 50 mobs, and I could (and did). Now pulling 100ish isnt that big of a deal with the glasses. Without.....30 or so is still very easily survivable. Hate had/has some issues (ok, lets be honest......he had volumes), but you cannot discount all the man did because you didnt agree with some things. I think his attempts at balancing things were justifiable, and in many cases spot on.

The easier this server is....the less "grindy" it is....the less people will play here, even if they are too lacking in self awareness to admit the fact. I for one am hoping Akk makes some things more difficult rather than easier.

The implementation of the XP mask coupled with /ooc Buffs in nexus in 5 min helped significantly reduce the grind of the server.   I'd say hands down that was the worst item ever implemented.     Everyone gets elite XP and thus can power level up the items that really make a difference.   You have peeps in T5 with RoA 400, 500, etc.   Cant see how XP is grindy if you get a 975 xp buff.  

Remove XP mask, remove MGB from non-casters, maybe a grind comes back.  

I believe when you broke into T9 it was pre-drake nerf right?    If so, I'm sure that made a difference.   Anyway, things evolve and the server is what it is.   I do not claim to have all the answers, just wanted to start a discussion on a particular item.    Had no idea people were so passionate about it.

I have 36 kills in TSuq, errr I mean T10
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 04:51:29 pm »

Hate already nerfed mask and buffs to address that - agree it was necessary.

Let's not pretend there weren't items and mechanics 100x better than any goggle timer issue of late. Folks who used these things without complaint are well represented here.

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 04:54:05 pm »

True, which is why I didn't make this thread myself. It always ends up boiling down to the same thing, the silent majority thinks something, but mostly folks from FH show up wanting everything to be harder. I don't blame you for wanting a harder game at all - in fact I respect it - I just wish folks would ask for these things before they finish T9 and T10. And at the very least, they shouldn't be done ninja style.

I guess we can thank FH for making the game harder after we beat it. Tongue

Regardless, we don't agree on everything Chunka, but I generally see your point of view.

Only 3 people in FH from what I know is in full T10. Me, Dim, and Ray. Rent is close. We got our armor during the 5 min sunglasses. It really doesn't matter if you have 3 min or 5 min difference in T10 if you don't have enough UW's and enough healing power you're going to die regardless.

I like the 3 min more because I use my sunglasses all the time even when I pull in qvic. It just makes killing faster.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 04:55:35 pm »

I know that's why I said T9 and T10. I also said goggles don't help much in T10 in my initial post.

I also like 3 min more.

We agree on everything!  Smiley

Peign
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »

Hate already nerfed mask and buffs to address that - agree it was necessary.

Let's not pretend there weren't items and mechanics 100x better than any goggle timer issue of late. Folks who used these things without complaint are well represented here.

LOL 100% riposte on T7 BP  + OMM Pulls Zone =  1000 ROA for a few     I remember people zone pulling T7 as a solo warrior with that.    It was nerfed just before I go it lol.

but, based on logic I see here (wait illogic)  if you do not use something to progress then it is CLEARLY not needed.   That being said, I've not used wizards, rogues, beast lords or necromancers to progress to T9 (TSuq started), so by logic delivered in this thread, those classes should be removed from the game.  

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 04:57:52 pm »

Folks who used these things without complaint are well represented here.

hehehe see you like to just stir the shit with that comment alone. We all play the same game with the same nerfs that are currently in the game...and some of us can still play it and succeed. I am trying t identify your point...which so far seems that content is too hard for you to beat with the current nerfs.  Maybe I am 100% wrong and i hope so.  Because if I was able to beat the content with current nerfs and you can't well that sounds more like your inability to play the game than the mechanics being too hard.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 05:00:38 pm »

hehehe see you like to just stir the shit with that comment alone. We all play the same game with the same nerfs that are currently in the game...and some of us can still play it and succeed. I am trying t identify your point...which so far seems that content is too hard for you to beat with the current nerfs.  Maybe I am 100% wrong and i hope so.  Because if I was able to beat the content with current nerfs and you can't well that sounds more like your inability to play the game than the mechanics being too hard.

This is why you bother me Orthanos. You make everything personal and completely misconstrue what people say. Classic straw man arguments. I included myself in my comment regarding items / mechanics.

I'm not going to even respond to your other points if you can call them that.

Peign
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 05:03:20 pm »

hehehe see you like to just stir the shit with that comment alone. We all play the same game with the same nerfs that are currently in the game...and some of us can still play it and succeed. I am trying t identify your point...which so far seems that content is too hard for you to beat with the current nerfs.  Maybe I am 100% wrong and i hope so.  Because if I was able to beat the content with current nerfs and you can't well that sounds more like your inability to play the game than the mechanics being too hard.

This is why you bother me Orthanos. You make everything personal and completely misconstrue what people say. Classic straw man arguments. I included myself in my comment regarding items / mechanics.

I'm not going to even respond to your other points if you can call them that.

He doesn't use Furious.   Clearly that disc should be removed from the game!
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 05:04:24 pm »

Let's make a list of what Orthanos didn't/doesn't use to beat the game and we'll remove everything on the list.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »

I believe when you broke into T9 it was pre-drake nerf right?    If so, I'm sure that made a difference.

Honestly cant remember the timing....but I think it was after the 2nd nerf....before the unnerf.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 05:44:53 pm »

I believe when you broke into T9 it was pre-drake nerf right?    If so, I'm sure that made a difference.   Anyway, things evolve and the server is what it is.   I do not claim to have all the answers, just wanted to start a discussion on a particular item.    Had no idea people were so passionate about it.

Now, now... Now that drake is no longer function no one *ever* used it back in the day. You should know this!

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2016, 05:48:44 pm »

and another thread that has outlived it's usefulness

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2016, 05:51:10 pm »

Let's make a list of what Orthanos didn't/doesn't use to beat the game and we'll remove everything on the list.

Well lets start...T10:
Use shaman Lingering sloth....druid regen....cleric MoE line.....make sure toons have SoA maxxed and have IG pets (no dps pets or you will die to AoE ramp)....other than that have fun!  It's really not that difficult...when you start the zone expect to die A LOT! Once you start to gear your toons up it becomes better...heck from my understanding juggs have been nerfed dramatically...so it's already easier.
 Roll Eyes

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed at the juggy nerf. They used to make pulls interesting.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)