Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 10:25:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Upgrade/Enhance Shadowknights?  (Read 54648 times)
Smoka

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:32:25 am »

Creating a new thread so we stop derailing other threads. Will start gathering the other info here, and will start working some parses for some real data to compare.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:44 am »

Reserved for Data Soon
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:24:33 am »

Hear hear!! Not only is the pally thread getting hijacked but the SK side is getting ignored. I love the way 90 % of the people with negative thoughts to SK improvements play pallies and warrs Smiley no shit! i never saw that curve ball. All of you negative nancies are going away from the fact that Pally, as poor as they once were, are now a better option. Its ok saying, well druids this and enchanters that, they will get their day. At present there are 3 tank classes.

Warr = Overpowered
Pally = not overpowered but balanced
SK = Awsome solo no heals, grp tank and benefit to grp not as good as see the two above.

Who the fuk wants to solo, we cant kill jack even if we wanted to. Try soloing a T1 boss and phone me after christmas when its 90%. All our heals do is balance out the fact warriors got discs. Grp benefits zero, dps next to zero.

What parser do people use on EZ? Ill give you some stats! I recon you will understand then.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:50:39 am »

Personally I think that all SK's really need is a boost in the proc rate, slightly, as it seems there is just too many times where I'll be tanking no prob, then no proc for a couple rounds and then plop... Possibly a slight lower of our actual damage (maybe down to 5k) but up the rate by 25%... AND make the Sorc charm affect the damage done by the tap, but not the healing part. That way we can choose to either tank better with an Oracle, or up our DPS with a sorc as well as proc slightly more often.

I also found it weird that we only get 1k regen on our epic when we can only use one of them, compared to the Warrior... or hell, even the ranger lol So I'm all for an epic 3.0 shield, or a beefed up 2hdner

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
purpose_d

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:14:14 pm »

Terrorantula on 20/06/2010 in 309sec

Total
 --- DMG: 536806 (100%) @ 1737 dps (1737 sdps)
 --- DMG to PC: 69263 @236dps

Moot
 --- DMG: 471230 (87.78%) @ 1525 dps (1525 sdps)
 --- DMG to PC: 65788 @225dps

Libann (Moot)
 --- DMG: 65017 (12.11%) @ 212 dps (210 sdps)
 --- DMG to PC: 1486 @59dps

Gear is 3.0, no aug, LDON/QVIC/TACVI gear, no oracle charm.

Will post more as I progress.

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 03:10:21 pm »

I am working some parses now.  For parses lets make sure that we are always comparing apples to apples.  I also don't like taking content away from the tier of players that the content was designed for.  What I propose is that you use the practice dummy in the epic 2.0 zone.  It has the same defensive stats as one of the T3 bosses.  This gives us a good baseline, we are comparing apples to apples AND we can get in 20 minute parses to rule out RNG variance.  I will post my results in a half hour.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 03:13:55 pm »

I am working some parses now.  For parses lets make sure that we are always comparing apples to apples.  I also don't like taking content away from the tier of players that the content was designed for.  What I propose is that you use the practice dummy in the epic 2.0 zone.  It has the same defensive stats as one of the T3 bosses.  This gives us a good baseline, we are comparing apples to apples AND we can get in 20 minute parses to rule out RNG variance.  I will post my results in a half hour.

This is a solid idea.

Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 03:32:07 pm »

Sorry for the newb question.  What are you using to measure the DPS?

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 04:09:57 pm »

GamParse is what I use to parse fights.  Google it, it's the first hit.

The following parse ran for 15+ minutes.  All characters were buffless.  All characters are full T2, max AA, ROA 100, 3.0'ed.

Tretter (warrior): Used Sorc charm 10.  One 3.0 had two Anger V's, one had one Anger V and an Anger IV.
Trukum (shadow knight): Used Oracle 31.  Had +dmg aug in 1hs 3.0.
Amberr (paladin): Used Oracle 25.  Had +dmg aug in 1hs 3.0.

Now had Tretter had two swords with Anger 4s AND his Sorc 25 his single target (which is what this is testing) DPS goes up significantly.  To put this into perspective, 72.5% of Tretter's damage comes from Anger aug procs.  That is 2461.5 dps out of 3393.7 dps coming from Anger procs alone.

So if it is a single target fight, Tretter is doing 3400 dps and Trukum is doing 900 dps.  Make this fight a boss + four add type fight and Tretters DPS is (2400*4) +3400 and Trukum's is still a paltry 900 dps.

Would it be possible to change SK's proc from single target Lifetap to a AE Lifetap+PBAE DD?  I think that a large AE Lifetap would be too over powered.  So make the AE Tap pretty small, but the PBAE DD pretty significant.  Depending on how they scaled they still shouldn't be preferable to Warriors as tanks, but atleast they could offtank adds (since the AELT/PBAEDD won't have agro component.)  It takes them from being mostly useless to at least partically attractive.  That is my suggestion for Shadowknights.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:12:14 pm by yellowbird » Logged
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 05:36:18 pm »

Put a 31 oracle on tretter and see how his dps goes.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 07:51:33 pm »

Ya yellow, I agree, some kinda of AoE would be really good, IDK how this sounds but just pop up, would it be possible to add a more powerful pet to the SK? Im not talking about as powerful as mage or bst maybe but powerful enough to actually live through things and deal damage? Maybe that would increase the SK a little, a Knight tank with his minion to do dps
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:55:38 pm by Eliseus » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 09:19:15 pm »

Do SK pet allow them to buff like other pet classes?

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 09:42:37 pm »

Ya yellow, I agree, some kinda of AoE would be really good, IDK how this sounds but just pop up, would it be possible to add a more powerful pet to the SK? Im not talking about as powerful as mage or bst maybe but powerful enough to actually live through things and deal damage? Maybe that would increase the SK a little, a Knight tank with his minion to do dps

The issue with that is even the pure pet classes have issues keeping their pets up.  So that isn't really an end all be all solution.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 12:06:00 am »

Do SK pet allow them to buff like other pet classes?

If they join the casters guild, yes.

Delirium

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 09:10:12 am »

You can self-buff yourself through Casters guild flag yes.
They can equip the flaming swords aswell.
But they aren't high enough to proc the swords.
At least give us the CG pet then, wich is more dps then our boney friend.

But yes i agree SK's need a big upgrade.
We don't have to be on parr with a warrior for tankability.
SK's have always been trash tanks, meaning aoe trash while raid takes down the main boss.
I don't mind keeping this role , but give us some AOE ability then, and not just our jolt line,
wich isn't enough when you have to keep aggro off healers.
Maybe an 2min cooldown ability to aoe heal ourselves and group.
Don't make it as powerfull as our self heal procs, but significant enough to be on parr with pally's now.

Keep the warrior as best dps, main tank. That's their role, always been.
Keep the SK on parr with the Pally as aoe trash tanks, that's our role, always been.

That's my rant, thank you for listening.

Delirium (Warrior)
Sharonn (SK)
Muze (Bard)
Sherekan (Beastlord)
Anikha (Cleric)
Morihei (Monk)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members