Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:31:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: T3/T4 Hohonora Zone  (Read 12350 times)
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 12:07:59 pm »

I like Kaldar's idea.

Would make T3 a semi raid zone, bosses you have to clear to get to.

Whatever you decide though, keep it a surprise. I always found half the fun of new content in EQ live was hunting down changes and quests.  Give us something to scramble to figure out. I loved the idea of the FG/CG quests, but I'd rather have clues to figure out what items to farm rather than the quest pc just telling me. I remember live did it and you got a fireworks clickie for doing the quest.
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 01:00:12 pm »

Bump because HoH is so excruciatingly boring.

Add some randomness to the place through the means of random boss spawns and random loot drops from trash.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 05:28:02 pm »

Since a lot of people have had to progress their tradeskill abilities to high levels to work on their ROA 51+ perhaps you could create a few accessory items that can be forged by from random no drop items that drop from trash. 

Things like paladin DPS augs.. new food and drink that has to be brewed / baked.. and maybe even combining skills to have to use the high level brewed drinks to make other items like an improved mana stone, or a spell to summon a weapon better than a fireblade (that you could perhaps give to other pets than your own?!)

The idea of a 3.5 would be nice even if it had the same spell effect but buffed stats + a spot for one more aug.  There seem to be a lot of possibilities about how you can spawn a 3.5 boss.  I don't like the idea of ground spawns as you'll just see 10000s of posts from people angry that page #6 never seems to spawn for them.  The idea about each "type" of avatar potentially dropping a page for a 3.5 book would work much better and be a little bit more of a challenge... plus it'd keep people from just camping their favorite types of avatar.  Which some people HATE  (har har har)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 01:27:46 am »

Working on a new design and raid style for HoH, if anyone that wants to help let me know, preferably someone that is in the content and like to see it made more fun that beating your face on the keyboard from the same boring stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 172