Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:28:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: xtarget issues (bugs?)  (Read 4962 times)
mousebane

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »

As of today (7/3), I am still seeing xtarget issues that appear to be problems to me.

These all happened today (afternoon and evening):
* when on my own, in my own raid, no other pullers, I had targets pop onto my xtarget that I did not agro or attack...and were near the zone in, when i was not.  This happened in ToV.
* Previously, in zones prior to T10, ninja and FD trinket would often drop agro from xtarget.  They may or may not drop agro now, but they remain on my xtarget list - so there is no way to know.  To test this, I agroed about 10 mobs and then ninja's and FD'ed multiple times, eventually nothing attacked me or seemed to be agro'ed, but they all remained on my xtarget list.

not sure if this is a bug or an unfortunate feature, but:
* when in a raid with two or more people pulling, I see the targets of the other person even when I have not attacked anything.  This was happening today (7/3 9pm eastern) in OC.  This has happened the past few days in T9, T10, etc.

Past problems I did not see today and seem to be resolved or not happening now:
* targets on the xtarget which were killed did not remain on my xtarget today, as they had been
* I did not see targets at the top and the bottom of my xtarget list, with nothing in the middle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:42:50 pm by mousebane » Logged
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 09:18:39 pm »

If you have a mob on your Xtarget and drop agro, sometimes they remain in your Xtarget. I cant figure out why they remain but i think it has something to do with DoTs or other agro effects that may remain when you drop agro. If you then kill said mob the corpse ends up on your xtarget. if the corpse is hidden the name drops off xtarget but the slot is still occupied by the corpse. Also, if you loot the corpse fully then the name drops off xtarget but takes up that slot.

Since xtarget may keep mobs on the list (with or without agro) even when you have zoned out and zoned back in, these "empty" slots will continue until your log off or server reboot. One mob isnt a big deal but if you wipe on a pull, this is an easy way for most of your xtarget window to be taken up by these blank spaces rendering xtarget worthless.

This just happened to me when i accidentally pulled Vulak with the rest of the dragons in TOV. I dropped the other dragons then succored my raid. Vulak stayed on my xtarget list but he was next to die anyway. Once dead i observed the above xtarget interaction.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:32:15 pm by Loyal » Logged

Raelin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:57:45 pm »

Originally put this comment in the Server Update 6-24 Forum since that's when I first noticed the XTarget problem.  It really got zero response there, so copied it to this thread to keep the XTarget listings condensed. So far the problem remains just as bad as it ever was

"After the server restart on 6-24, I began having problems with my Extended Target Window. During fights, slots in the window were not being cleared out after a NPC was killed. Even though the slot showed blank. It was not really cleared. If you queried the slot with ${Me.XTarget[xx].ID} where xx is the slot number, the slot would return the ID number of the fallen npc that failed to clear.  This happens on 0-5 slots during a fight in random slots, but mainly in slots 1 to 5.  On the next pull the slots that held an ID value would no longer populate, which looked like blank slots in the window. Any uncleared slot would remain unfillable until logging or manually clearing the slot.  Didn't try zoning though ... which may have cleared all slots.

[Edit] Additional Comments:
Additional Data on the problem. On 6-29 in an instance of T10, while working Orcs I continued to have the problem stated above.  I succored my team into the camp and where several camp npcs entered the ETW (ext target window).  To attempt to clear the issue, I logged my team off and back on. Same NPCs came back into the ETW. I then took my team to Nexus and returned to see if that would clear it.  Did not. Finally cleared it by creating a new instance and entering it. Characteristics of the ETW remain the same as the part above, with NPC entries from NPCs far from fight area, blank entries in the window that contain NPC IDs."

Hope this helps, but anyone actively playing the T10 zone with just a few toons in the raid will experience this problem fairly fast ... not hard to demonstrate it.  I've seen all the issues discussed above.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 01:30:27 pm »

I did mention in recent patch notes that camp NPC's in Sunderock should no longer show up on xtarget.

If other issues persist I will have to narrow those down more

EZ Server GM
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »

Camp NPC issue is definitely fixed. Thanks Akka!

Bogreaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 01:16:35 am »

I have at last been able to replicate the xtargets issue that people have been complaining about.  Well one of them.

I took 2 characters to Frozen Shadow, and was manually running them around testing out gear and spells.

I had 16 characters standing in Nexus.

I pulled somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 gnolls on floor 6 and started to kill them.

As the npc(s) died they left blank spaces in the xtarget window.

When the fight was done, I was left with xtarget 1 through 6 in the xml window empty.
xtarget 7 and 8 had corpses in them
the rest were blank.

a /say ${Me.Xtarget[1].ID} returned 553
but a /say ${Spawn[id 553]} returned Null
a /tar id 553 returns no spawns matching any id 553
/say ${Me.Xtarget[1].Name} returned a shadow beast guard.

The characters in nexus showed no xtarget, and all variables for their Xtarget
  • were blank (null)

When I looted the corpses the ones in  slots 7 and 8 went away, but /say ${Me.Xtarget[7].ID} and /say ${Me.Xtarget[8].ID} still returned IDs of dead gnolls.

I waited for 30 minutes and the xtargets values never emptied.

This is the first time I have experienced this.

The only 2 changes from yesterday is.

1: The shadowknight upgraded his ultimate weapon from 5 to 6
2: Everyone in the group progressed to T10 / Level 78 and made their T9 Armor.

Hope that gives you a little bit of data to chase this rabbit with, sorry I could not provide you with more.
Let me know if you want to try and replicate it with you watching to see what you can see on the server side.

Peace

Guess you cant do a [ then an S then another ]  It strikes through your text  Cool
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:51:44 pm by Bogreaper » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061