Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:00:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Post your rig!!! What are you running your eqemus on?  (Read 8407 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2017, 01:51:38 am »

Getting a new pc put together, and can't wait to see how many instances I can run, comfortably. The limiting factor right now will be only 16 megs of DDR4.

Current pc:
I5 4-core 4thread Haswell OC @4ghz
Asus Hero Maximus VI mobo
EVGA 1080GTX 8GB
24 GB DDR 3 2200
3x 120gb mushkin sata 6 ssd
2x 2TB Seagate HDDs
1x 850pro 256gb ssd for os and second copy of eq

New rig:
Ryzen 1700 8-core 16-thread
Asrock Fatal1ty x370pro
EVGA 1080GTX 8GB
16GB DDR4 3,000mhz
256GB M2 960 Samsung (not the pro) on a 32Gb/s port
4tb Seagate BarraCuda pro

Should be a fun rig, it's not at all the top available but the best price/performance rig for Desktop (non server) multi-tasking and should game as well as the newer intels when overclocked. I did buy a 8700 coffee lake but decided to go this rout instead for the threads. I also plan to add another 16 gb of ram at some point, but want to see what I can do with 16 for now.

P.s. If you feel this thread was started jus to brag about my new pc, you are only partially right.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:09:21 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:39:41 am »

P.s. If you feel this thread was started jus to brag about my new pc, you are only partially right.

Gimme your old PC and I will forgive you... or just one of the SSDs. Cheesy

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:29:25 am »

You can't just post about your rig and not include a picture! What is this?

EZ Server GM
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 12:13:11 pm »

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 12:26:06 pm »

why u posted my PC ;P

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

Bahhh I want to see more pc's.
I will post a pic once I have it built and settled in, still getting parts. Does GPU memory play a big role in running more boxes? I can get a 1060 for my secondary rig, but it's a $60 premium for twice the ram (3gig v 6gig.) It's just gonna be my EQ slave, so don't need anything fancy although 1060's are pretty potent for the money.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 03:22:03 pm »

I have no idea how to post a picture here, I see attach option but it's limited to 800k which is about 1/8th the size of the crappiest quality picture I would upload. I don't have another url to post it and link it to.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 03:31:00 pm »

no.... if you use old models and turn down textures it uses very little vram, probably a 2GB card is enough to run 30+ boxes.

when the game came out video cards had 32-64MB of vram (1/32 to 1/16 of a GB)...

one of the pc's I use for EZ is a Core2quad circa 2009 with 4mb ram and a Geforce 650ti 2GB (circa 2013) it doesn't break a sweat with 12 boxes, though depending on what zone I'm in (some use more Dram) it gets to 80%+ ram used. 6-8gb dram should be more than enough for 20+ boxes. 16gb is probably overkill (but is the min I'd build a new pc with..)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:32:48 pm by walk2k » Logged

Peign
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:03:55 am »

Thanks for this thread.  I'm 2 Dogfish Head 90 minute IPAs deep, bored and not ready for bed.   This gives me something to do.  

My Rig

MB:  MSI Z270 Gamning Pro Carbon

CPU:  i7 7700k 420.GHZ

Memory:   32 gb Corsair ddr4

GPU:   NVidia GeForce  GTX 1070

SSDs:  2 Patriot Hellfire M2 PCIe 240g    1 Samsung 850 EVO 250g

Sound:  Asus Xonar

Power Supply:  EVGA Nex750G

Cooler Master CPU fan, plethora of other fans

Corsair Mechanical keyboard to own your face in OT.  

I could run 30 toons on this with 0 issues.  

Here is a pic on imugr:

https://imgur.com/a/iOtHN

When he broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying,  "Come." and another, a Red Horse, went out: and to him who sat on it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

- Revelation 6:3-4
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:00:26 am by Peign » Logged
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 02:39:55 am »

Not too shabby at all, that is a very modern rig. I have built the new pc and it is up and running, but I havn't made it pretty yet. Cable management is still a mess, and I plan to use the built in RGB controller with led strips to really make it pop. I use Cooler Master HAF cases, they are military looking. Here is a pic of my new build, sans 1080 GPU... It's using an archaic one for now as my main rig will still have the newer GPU until my new harddrive comes in and I can transfer my data. This is a full HAF tower with 2 power supplies, one is for my GPU and the other powers everyting else. This means each PSU will not be taxed and they are both way cheaper than buying a combined 1450 W. Also, this allows for me to SLI should I want to without having to change anything. The ring around the cpu cooler is lit in bright red and the AMD logo is bright white, looks really cool. I will update when it is all in order.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:18:13 am by wolfegunr » Logged

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 03:06:58 am »

These are most of the parts of my new rig. The case is actually going to my old pc (it is a midtower HAF) and the bigger one will go to it.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 03:09:55 am »

And this is my old rig transplanted to the new mid tower case, still a damn good one if you ask me. It is a haswell I5 o/c to 4.8ghz (huge ass noctua cooler) with 24 gb ram. Looks sharp in the new midtower case. GFx card barely fit, but it's going to have a shorty 1060 in it soon as it is just my sidekick now.

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 09:23:48 am »

Arkain, I love the use of EVGA products.  I love that company.  I use them for everything I can.  They don't have all the bells and whistles that some of the other companies have but I have never had any of their components fail, ever.  I have built about 20 different systems for myself and others and I can't say enough good things about them.  Awesome rig btw.
Peign
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 11:04:12 am »

Pretty sweet piece of gear, should be overkill for EQ.   I built mine in February, Ryzen had just recently come out, was very glad for that as it drove the prices of the Kaby Lake down. 

Time for you to scale up your team to 30 and wtfown T10!
Bogreaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:36 pm »

MSI 970a-46g w/ Amd 4350 quad core 4.3ghz
16g DDR3 ram
Radeon RX480 vid w/8gig of ram
SanDisk 240gig SSD
g.skill ripjaws 780mx keyboard
easterntime T1 gaming mouse
Dual 28" 2479 Aoc 4k monitors w/Freesync

I run 18 characters constantly, 1 @ full screen 4k with everything on but spell effects, flora and shadows
1 @ windowed 4k with med details (minus above also)
16 @ 3,100 x 2,000 med details everything else on low or off.

70 fps normail in most zones
30 fps in zones like oc when looking across the zone
20 fps when all 18 are engaged and killing 200+ npcs.

Loaded 43 accounts once, and crashed when I engaged to kill (blacked out both monitors, no response for 15 seconds, when they came back one was in EGA (320x240 8 colors) on one monitor and the other one didnt come back till reboot.
Loaded 37 accounts a few times (with above settings) and was able to pull 1/8th or there about in lp and have all engage with 0 issues. (dont really think they all got to engage, I think 20 or so of them just kept looking for a target and when they got one it would die before they could do anything)

Yeah, its an Old system, Yeah its slow and small...... but it gets the job done, and I am poor! heheeh

https://goo.gl/photos/fZu7PTqNQawEdtiFA

Old pic really.  But to lazy to take another picture hehe.

yeah I know Bogtank is not full screen in that picture, but its the smallest one I have in the album, ezserver only shows the left 1/2 of the rest of the pictures.  There are biggest and better pics in the link above.

Peace
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:03:13 pm by Bogreaper » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988