Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:28:43 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Progression Tracker Window  (Read 17306 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:58:23 pm »

I've been running a few new toons through starter content in an effort to help streamline the progression process.  I'm a notes junkie and I constantly write stuff down as I play through content, and in an effort to save new players from trying to keep track of random notes on whatever paper they can find or trying to set up spreadsheets to track progress across multiple toons, I've taken the Friends window that I've abused across multiple iterations and reworked it again to facilitate this. I haven't been a new player on EZ in forever, so I'm sure there are plenty of things that could be done to this window to make it more useful and I welcome anyone's feedback.

***DISCLAIMER***
You MUST put at LEAST 1 item in your bank to use this modification or you WILL crash when loading the equi_friends_window.  The custom code in this window checks BOTH your inventory and bank slots for items and without at least one item in each, the check will throw an exception and crash EQ.  If this happens you can simply delete the UI window piece and load your toon back in, but again, TO USE THIS YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 ITEM IN YOUR TOON'S BANK.

Click file links and extract them into your uifiles subfolder in your EQ install...ie C:>RoF2>uifiles.  These folders contain only the modified friends window tracker and can be loaded in game with alt+o to bring up the options window, on the general tab click Load UI Skin and navigate to the folder you want to load (EoN+ for example) and MAKE SURE Keep Your Layout is selected so loading a new UI doesn't mix your windows all around and click Load Skin.  EQ will load the friends window and populate the rest of the UI from the default folder.  Do NOT insert this into your default UI folder, put your custom piece(s) into your folder and let EQ pull the rest from your default  folder.  If you fuck shit up in your default folder, you are going to have crash issues and not be able to load into the game.

Please leave any feedback in this thread, maybe someone can do a better writeup on how to use these files and I'd welcome the help.

4-5-18 *EoN window* Updated spawn code to show spawn name in green only if spawn is up on CG/FG tabs, corpse or no spawn at all both should show in red.
4-6-18 *EoN window* Updated sebilis zone name on CG tab information to correct spelling, should no longer ghost zone name when in zone
4-9-18 *FG window* Fixed a wrong zone pointer and corrected missing text in find item
4-9-18 *FG window* Fixed, finditem misspelling, hands changed to hand

Also posting Chieftan's updated window here so people don't have to drudge through the thread.  It is much less cramped/compact than my minimalistic window and is the only .rar file below.  Limited to 4 files per thread so please see his posts later in the thread for screenshots.
Here is where I'm up to now, for any that want to try - prob some errors, tested a lot, but not every class / Tier
Screenshot & Files attached

If you don't want the logo, just don't copy the tga file over

As dimur said earlier, this is a much larger window, but i need it -O-O-

This is 95% Dimur's coding, so all credit to him, just tweeked here an there
I will be working on T3/4 soon

Enjoy

Chief

Edit
Updated Intro to Cazic Window - Checks for patterns and completed Tier armor etc. - Will work on other window soon
Hopefully should be good, but post if you find bugs here

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 07:18:48 pm by Dimur » Logged
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 11:22:22 am »

This is awesome.  Excel sheets were fine and all, but having an in game tracker is a great idea! 

Zeldd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 06:19:27 pm »

I think this is an awesome idea. It could be used to track any type of progression.  I would love to test it for you.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »

I started working on the caster guild and fighter's guild tabs now.  I have a few folks testing, suggesting fixes and fixing some issues they found in the tracker for Time, UC and LDON but saw some /ooc chatter from folks asking about farming FG/CG pieces so that's become my focus.  The upper part of the window lists the abbreviated names for each item and the corresponding zone the item drops.  If you are in a zone that has an item that drops in it, the window will replace the zone name with the name of the mob that drops the corresponding item.  If the mobs is up, the mob name is in green, if the mob is not up then the name is displayed in red.  the bottom part of the window lists all of the items you are farming and displays their name in green if you have it either in your inventory or bank and displays it in red if you don't have the item yet.  The quest requires 4 King's Chest cards and they drop off of random mobs so all this tag does is track how many you have either in your bank or inventory.

I use a very minimalist UI so this window is tiny.  I like to be able to just keep it out of the way and reference it when I need to, but resizing it to your own needs is an easy, though tedious process.  Links are posted below and old versions will be replaced with new versions as they are available.

Added the FG tab as well, additional pic posted to illustrate.

Updated with the Essence of Norrath tracker tab.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:08:19 pm by Dimur » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 04:56:59 pm »

This is an AWESOME project!

Very nice so far.

I would encourage people to pitch in and help where needed cause this is really great.

Thanks Dim

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:45:05 pm »

There doesn't seem to be much interest in these mods, so gonna put them on low priority for now.  I'll watch this thread and my PM box and if there's a genuine need for this stuff, I'll revisit it.

Clarifying: This isn't an I'm taking my ball and going home post, it's more of a Let me know if this interests anyone post.  I have the windows coded already, if people want to get access to the piece either post here or PM me and I'm happy to share but I'm not going to modify them more than where they are at without some feedback/interest.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:30:53 pm by Dimur » Logged
Vargas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:44:20 am »

This looks like it'd be helpful for me. I just started playing a few days ago and am still working to get my bots working how I want etc. I'm fairly clueless on what I need to do but working to get to 70 since it looks like that is step 1 on the journey. I've got your item tracker but this looks to be more helpful. I tried to send a pm but I'm not sure if it sent so I'm posting as well.

Thanks
Proxximo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 11:10:13 am »

This is fantastic! Hope that it gets some traction and hits the higher tiers, would love to use on my toons who are a bit higher up!
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 05:06:18 pm »

Been working with Dimur on this a little
Just a update on where it's up to, currently at CT

It will probably have to be in a few versions, as file size is getting big - V1-intro->CT  -  V2-T1>T6  -  V3-T7>T10

Qvic and CT will check what class you are, and display what drops you need or have in your inventory/bank ( it does not check for completed armor - this might get added at some point )

Chief
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:41:05 pm by Chieftan » Logged

Proxximo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:21 pm »

Awesome work! Keep it up, I am so ready to use this!!
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 06:58:59 pm »

There's been renewed interest in these tracker windows, so I'm going to post where my modifications are at.  I haven't really touched them since first creating them, so I'm sure there's a lot that needs to be tweaked on them.  Please leave any feedback on this thread and it'll help refine the pieces for functionality and usefulness.

My modifications are an extremely minimalistic approach, so no flashy graphics and some people will undoubtedly feel the information is too cramped but I'd like to get the functionality refactored before worrying about the actual interface.  Chieftan has done a lot of work on these as well and his window pieces is much larger and less cramped, not sure where he's at with his modifications but hoping he can chime in here with what he's got as well.  

Click file links and extract them into your uifiles subfolder in your EQ install...ie C:>RoF2>uifiles.  These folders contain only the modified friends window tracker and can be loaded in game with alt+o to bring up the options window, on the general tab click Load UI Skin and navigate to the folder you want to load (EoN+ for example) and MAKE SURE Keep Your Layout is selected so loading a new UI doesn't mix your windows all around and click Load Skin.  EQ will load the friends window and populate the rest of the UI from the default folder.  Do NOT insert this into your default UI folder, put your custom piece(s) into your folder and let EQ pull the rest from your default  folder.  If you fuck shit up in your default folder, you are going to have crash issues and not be able to load into the game.

Scroll up top for the files now, going to post links to first post so people don't have to scroll through the thread.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:21:56 pm by Dimur » Logged
gonzoda

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 05:18:28 pm »

CG Tab bug list

When in Castle Mistmoore - An Advisor does not display on the list in red when not spawned (DOES show in green though)
When in City of Mist - A Black Reaver does not display on the list in red or green
King's Chest line has minor text overlap - "4.0(overlap)of 4"
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 05:52:15 pm »

Apologies Dim, been a bit slack on this, time constraints have left little free time, but i will get it done =)

Current state is up to T2, that's 3/4 done, just cloth classes to do
Will post updated files when they are done

Chief

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:50 pm »

CG Tab bug list

When in Castle Mistmoore - An Advisor does not display on the list in red when not spawned (DOES show in green though)FIXED*was a typo
When in City of Mist - A Black Reaver does not display on the list in red or green FIXED*never had it implemented
King's Chest line has minor text overlap - "4.0(overlap)of 4" FIXED* I use comic sans font, reverted to default and fixed

I'll update the file as soon as this is posted, thanks for the feedback Gonzo!

The logic needs to be refactored to show mob up/down correctly when both corpse and npc are in zone.  I refactored for advisor and black reaver since I was editing those but the rest need to be refactored

** Updated files will be linked in the first post of the thread

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:26:52 pm by Dimur » Logged
gonzoda

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 07:35:29 pm »

CG Bug

Ring Of the Ancients - When An Ancient Cyclops is up or down, it displays Oracle of 'Amon name instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91