Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:32:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help from Macroquesters  (Read 4646 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:49:55 pm »

Let me first make a few statements in an attempt to preemptively address those who would like to yell at me for posting.

1.) I know MQ is a touchy subject and I dont know exactly how much Hunter is willing to let us talk about it openly on the forums. So, If you feel that helping me out on this thread is a no no then please PM me.

2.) I know I could be posting this question on the MQ forums and get help from a much larger player base - but to be honest, as a new player to EZ I would rather interact with those I will see on the server than some random stranger.

I have been trying to install MQ on my machine but am unable to even install Visual C++ to compile it. I am running Windows 7 and have tried several versions of Visual.

What happens is everytime i go to install it trys to download files and cant connect. I know my internet is working just fine so it must be something else.

Also, I believe that the Visal C++ software may already by on my computer installed with Windows 7, however am unable to find a way to run the program.

Bottom line is - I am wondering if anyone has faced this problem or if anyone is out there using windows 7 and MQ and had no problems at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Balthor2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:20:12 pm »

Might not work with windows 7.
http://www.macroquest2.com/
Has a wiki which goes over install and also there is a new guide written but you might need the VIP forum to see it.
Gencat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 01:33:54 pm »

you would also have to compile it to work with the emu servers which would be more of a pain then just compiling one to play on live there are precompiled copies out there you just have to search ^_-

No picture, no catchy sig line ... sux being me Sad
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 01:38:35 pm »

Yes, It looks like Precompiled is the way to go - I also received a few PMs making me aware of the precompiled MQ.

I will give it a shot after work today. Who knows maybe I can start to progress again now that I can drag 6 boxes through LDON without wanting to kill myself.

youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »

Should of check out my post...

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=543.0
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »

Actually I did read your post (mostly) and used it to set up my EQ Bot Options. However, my ADD didnt allow me pay full attention to the end.

Thanks BTW, botting on my laptop is much better because of your post.

Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »

If you get a compile for Seeds client there are so many improvements to the plugins.
I do not use the client on this server as I am to lazy to remake 20 UI's but on other servers that support SOD client I really enjoy it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 207