Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:00:44 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: T11  (Read 21620 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
T11
« on: December 30, 2018, 04:10:15 pm »

Is there any plans on making a T11 in the near future? Huh Been a few years....  http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4872.msg63960#msg63960
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:12:04 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 05:48:19 pm »

It would be really nice to have something new to look forward to. There hasn't been too much news or relation between staff and players(users, as Hunter would have put it) the last year in my experience, which I am sure has it's good reasons. I am sure the community would get involved in any way possible to help speed some new content on the road. I don't care if it's a one year project, as long as we have something to look forward to, that would be cool. I have the upmost respect for people dedicating their limited spare time for free to create content for us EQ addicts, and hope only for some news not too far in the horizon. I've heard many good ideas this past year, some I am sure does not even require too much fiddling to make work. I am sure new content also would bring back quite a few players that has fell off the road the past year and half due to lack of content / bored.

And as always, very thankful for the work you put on keeping this server going Akka/Rent Wink

/crossing fingers.

GebbonEQ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 06:12:23 pm »

*Votes Sleepers Tomb for a small quick T11*

Since we cant zone in there and stuff, you know ;p
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 08:06:28 am »

If they are thinking of sof + zones tss expansion had some nice zones sof also like steam factory is a nice zone.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:57:46 am »

T11 has been something on the docket for us for sure, it's been a matter of time and life priorities for the both of us. Rent has had a new house being built and I had a big career change this past year that has had us both beyond busy. There are also some other technical challenges that have needed to be taken care of first as well...

I would encourage everyone to express what they liked / didn't like about T10 pre-revamp post-revamp, previous content in general and what they'd like to see in the idea of a T11 as we certainly take things into context when we execute on fixes and new content

T11 we've mulled over conceptually and laid things out, but there is nothing active for it right now. But that's not to say that once we have planning done that we can't steamroll our way through getting things developed. Most of the time is put into planning, concept layout, numbers etc. which is how the T10 overhaul went over and it went over quite smoothly

EZ Server GM
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 11:46:14 pm »

Assuming there are no technical hurdles... I’d really like to see T11 in an old world zone like innothule swamp or sleeper. Swamp would be good since it’s connected to Guk and we still need Guk for FG. Not a remake of an old world zone like old commons, but an actual old world zone. It’s better for performance, and we have enough custom zones from newer content. I like the T10 model of having one pub zone and then instances cost $$. I think pub should have a special boss ala ancient dragon which takes an army to kill. I’d suggest you go with more HP / nukes and less rampage this time around. The insta raid kills are never fun, just annoying, but losing single toons to dd is fun - and when MT goes down that’s it. New Halloween does this well apart from trees (it just makes them no fun to kill). Lewt must be Uber, but I’d like to see a trend towards more Uber items dropping for non-MT toons as well (blazing earring+ comes to mind) - it would be nice if we had a zone specifically designed to boost caster and support DPS. Maybe ultimate augment upgrade tokens or something to get our asses out of mindless noob mini dungeons? Please no weapon quest or 1,000 kill count quests - if we want a time sink I much prefer the T5 model of boss kills.

TLDR: old world zone and old world npcs (elite moss snakes and frogloks), t5 boss kill model, good DPS-related drops for non-MT toons as well maybe another source for ultimate augs (or maybe ultimate armor augs *wink wink*), no crazy rampage - stick to brutal dds. T10 instancing model.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:32:59 am »

A focus on instanced version vs Co-op ... please. 

Like War 5 notes... perhaps the public instance is the only one where the uber end game boss is easy to spawn.  But I would still make it possible for guild mates to spawn it in the instance.  I disagree with the cost per.  Instances should always follow waypoint guidelines.   Free, if you have it.

No OOR archers/Wizards w/e.  Anything that can hit you should be reachable by your caster or archer.

If you do go with the 1000 kills for a task completion, I would suggest a mini mile stone every 100 or so.  Something like an aug that is upgraded with drops from trash.  The old HoH UC formula would work for me.
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 10:15:01 am »

I disagree with the cost per.  Instances should always follow waypoint guidelines.   Free, if you have it.

Agreed or why did i buy the fwp, same with summon raid clickies.

Otto

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 11:30:21 am »

I would like to see T11 drop some sort of "catch-up" item. If i decide to make 4 enchanters, perhaps 1 item per character would make them eligible for Tier10 (Thinking one-zone behind current)

By this point, we have more than pounded our heads into old content. Not a complaint by any means, just a wishful suggestion.

Cheers!

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 01:35:23 pm »

I would like to have a way to keep UA gear from T10...maybe make armor combines where you can add sarnak,gnoll,orc + new armor mold or T10 UA+ new armor mold (that way you have an edge if you took the extra time to UA your toons in T10).....then make a new UA quest (similar to T10) for T11. I would like to see custom content similar to HW in T11...something to make it interesting. I would like to see something change to the UW model currently used. The way HW did for HW UW....so that you dont have to back pedal on UW's in old content. Not that any of my toons dont have an UW but kinda sucks for newer players who feel they have to play catch up. Maybe make it so that you have to have UA on all toons to access T11? Just a thought.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 01:51:03 pm »

Also maybe make some kind of Type 30 UW aug to put in a MT's UW...... Shocked

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 03:09:39 pm »

I like the HW boss chain structure.  Would be cool to have that in T11 somewhere.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 07:33:13 pm »

I would like to see T11 drop some sort of "catch-up" item. If i decide to make 4 enchanters, perhaps 1 item per character would make them eligible for Tier10 (Thinking one-zone behind current)

By this point, we have more than pounded our heads into old content. Not a complaint by any means, just a wishful suggestion.

Cheers!

I get the idea, but "catch-up" items have come in the form of "Zone Pull, "Double Loot and Triple Loot" items that have showered throughout the Halloween and other events. I'd rather people have power ups than just skip through content, the time sink is not near what it was for a long of things as it is. The enjoyment of the process is actually going through the motions, in games especially if you get little power-ups that definitely give you that feeling like you're blowing through progress much more rapidly than normal, that is a far more fun and enjoyable process as a player

EZ Server GM
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 12:36:01 am »

What Akkadius said. Only takes 3-5 days to reach T10 now if you have the resources available (DL/TL items, zone pulls and a T10 crew already)
-------------------------------------------------

The first thing that comes to mind when I'm thinking about a new tier is that it should be really tough and require a lot of time and effort to finish various quests and milestones. I tend to find many of the older zones boring both graphic wise and npc model wise, but I'm sure there are some exeptions. Performance is an important issue though. Ideally a balance between something a bit fresh and visually sweet, and with good performance. I will probably plow through some zones and make some suggestions at some point, but would be nice to know from a devs perspective what is important to look for/not look for. I prefer open area zones like T10/HW zone/OC contrary to water zones/tight areas like Abyss, ToV and Anguish.

- I like the mechanism of having a chance to spawn a boss or chain of bosses when killing certain npc's, like the T10/ Halloween zone.
- I like the action messages and effects (rumbling) that we've seen both in T10 and the new Halloween zone.
- The way you aquire armor in T10 is fine with me. The idea of different armor sets for different class roles is very nice in theory, but needs a lot of thought put into it. Right now, you're best off using the orc armor for your classes with a few exeptions.
- The majorioty of the players that have broken into T10 runs anywhere from 12-24 characters on a normal basis, and currently I find myself (and I know others are in the same situation) mostly using the main warrior for dps, and perhaps only using the other toons for some utilities like DA, skin, buffs and finishing off some last mobs. I know this is partly due to a powerful UW and UA, but it's also due to high damage rampage. I'd say more focus on various troubles for main tank and less for the toons assisting. I know we've all done our share of mass ressing toons every other minute in Sunderock. And maintank dead = entire raid dead, quite often.
- Announcements for finishing major events are fine, but small stuff like Citrine upgrades is not necessary.
- I like when a tier has a final boss, like in Anguish or the Halloween zone.
- I also like that a zone has mechanisms and npc's that makes life really hard for you, and makes you have to find abilities, spells, and strategies to remedy it. Could for example be bosses with adds that needed to be killed in a certain order or they would start a hell, backstabbing mobs is always fun :p and I am sure devs imagination is good in this area.
- Focus on benefits of building up resistances. I understand that npc's like Goops are there as a barrier, which is fine. However when adding new annoying spells and abilities in a new tier, it would be sweet if some of them could be countered or partially resisted by working hard on resists.
- I am fine with T11 having a hub like T10, but I think it is a must have to be able to run instanced versions of the zone.
- Instead of having a new level of hp augments, maybe we could add a new Power source item or an augment for another slot that could be upgraded over time, giving heroic stats(not resists).
- There is no denying the end players have gotten their share of UW's, essencially rendering our 20+ strike augments useless. Maybe the UW13 could have a slot for the strike augments, so we could put them to use again.
- I like the idea of mini milestones during long lasting quests.
- Always get angry when Thunderpants mess up the oncoming or ongoing night cycle by spawning and setting game time to midday Angry
- Quests have always been a big part of this game and should continue to be so. It would be nice with previews of rewards, much like the quests in the HW zone, so we could determine who gets what first.
- Jugg spell skyrocket, skyjump or whatever it's called it retarded Grin
- Oh and last but not least, all this tied down to Rents good storytelling for questlines.

TLDR/Suggestions:
*Chain spawning bosses mechanism like HW zone
*Action messages and effects
*Various armor sets are fine as long as they give a clear benefit to different classes.
*Wild rampages or effects that wipe the entire crew on a regular basis should be avoided. If not alltogether, at least once you have geared up resistances and armor pieces.
*Less announcement spam unless it's a major event.
*More focus on gaining a benefit by building up resistances.
*A final boss in the new tier.
*Smart mechanics that keeps you on your toes and work strategies and abilities to counter.
*Quest for a high speed mount.
*Quest for an item for Power source slot.
*Quest for an augment that you can keep upgrading for higher heroic stats.
*UW13 (with 1 slot for strike augments, like the Mixlor club that HW end boss drops)
*No water zones or too many tight areas.
*Instanced version as well as a hub of the new tier.
*Preview of quest rewards.

That's what I can think of at the moment. Will update when more stuff pops to mind.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:14:31 am by Sarthin » Logged

Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 07:41:13 am »

I disagree with the cost per.  Instances should always follow waypoint guidelines.   Free, if you have it.

Agreed or why did i buy the fwp, same with summon raid clickies.

Free Waypoint v2! Combine 10 Free Waypoints in your magic box to create. The v2 will even make free T10 instances!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78