Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:32:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Enough!  (Read 34183 times)
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 05:53:34 pm »

Holding camp post reboot...Seems like a first in force kinda deal, first one back in should have rights to it. Or am I to log into to an alt i plan on working on FG for before server goes down to see whos there chit-chat and wait in freakin line again....

Yea right, I hope to get back in beofer anyone and get lucky on the pop. If you were in before I got logged back in oh well log back to main and go on my merry way.

Not that I actullay do this but as an example, i did my FG for main and only need CG for shammy.

This is dangerous because folks can crash zones and have another of their char come in and swipe the camp while everyone is logging back in.
Sablen

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

Because it's against the rules to loot a mob you didn't kill without permission?

Yes, it would have rotted, but tough - them's the breaks.....

I looked around the site and wasn't able to find anything labeled "rules". You should probably put that up somewhere.

I normally wouldn't be bothered by being banned off a private server, but I've put quite a few (in the hundreds) of hours on this server between characters. To have that all wiped out because some guy decides to be an asshole annoys the fuck out of me.

drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 06:01:26 pm »

I looked around the site and wasn't able to find anything labeled "rules". You should probably put that up somewhere.

I normally wouldn't be bothered by being banned off a private server, but I've put quite a few (in the hundreds) of hours on this server between characters. To have that all wiped out because some guy decides to be an asshole annoys the fuck out of me.

Sticky under General Discussion:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

I don't necessarily agree with everything, but it's not my server so I've gotta follow all of it.

Also, sounds a bit more then a ring looted for a mage in qvic...just my 2c.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:04:12 pm by drippysloppy » Logged

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

wait, you loot his mob and hes the asshole to fraps you for breaking the rules? wow
tacl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 06:13:19 pm »

Wow.. just wow.

I was banned for looting a single mage ring from a corpse that was obviously already looted, and that had been sitting there for 10 minutes.

The guy was pulling all of Qvic, and the only person he had with him was a ranger. There were no other mages in the area, and the ring would have just sat there and rotted.

Not really sure why that justifies a ban, but whatever. It's your server.

you should of frapsed the guy pulling everything to entrance, 10+ mobs and you take a step = training in custom zones = ban.  people abuse the training rule all the time. i have 15-20 screen shots of people training,  if they ever piss me off i will turn them in.  you see you have to fraps it or screen shot it or it didn't happen just like this guy training no one reported him so he didn't get in trouble, but he reported you so you got in trouble.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 06:13:50 pm »

Actually the rules don't say anything about "camps" exactly.  The only thing close is under "don't KS" and talks mostly about raid bosses and waiting for people who are "buffing up"

Yet if you ask in /ooc you get a dozen responses, all different.  That's what I mean, they need clarification.

Personally I think it's stupid we need rules about this at all, people should just "play nice" and share crap... but I guess not everyone can act like an adult around here ...  Tongue  Grin

Sablen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 06:17:40 pm »

Yes. I looted a mob that was -going to rot-. He decides that I wasn't deserving of his awesome power of killing and reports me. Thus making him an asshole.

The guy was pulling every boss in the zone to one spot then leaving the stuff to rot. Still not really sure why he wasn't using the instance. I doubt very highly money is an issue for someone in T3+ gear.

"Also, sounds a bit more then a ring looted for a mage in qvic...just my 2c."

Nope. Just a ring. I think my group mate (who is also now banned) looted a rotting shield.

"Sticky under General Discussion:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0"

I stand corrected on that.

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:14 pm »

Honestly the solution for Lguk is just instance it already.

Then people who wanna farm items to trade for epic/etc "runs" can do that, and people who need the items for legit progression can get theirs without too much hassle.

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 06:35:26 pm »

People who kill like that hate it when people vulture. A polite tell asking if you may check and loot items most of the time will grant you permission to loot, just that simple. Also if they can kill that many and pull to same spot, then they have gone through way too much ninja looting and are sick of it.
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »

Actually the rules don't say anything about "camps" exactly.  The only thing close is under "don't KS" and talks mostly about raid bosses and waiting for people who are "buffing up"

Yet if you ask in /ooc you get a dozen responses, all different.  That's what I mean, they need clarification.

Personally I think it's stupid we need rules about this at all, people should just "play nice" and share crap... but I guess not everyone can act like an adult around here ...  Tongue  Grin

Then people who wanna farm items to trade for epic/etc "runs" can do that, and people who need the items for legit progression can get theirs without too much hassle.

Walk2k...I mean...Damn man A+. I like both of those ideas. Though I'm sure we wont see the rules changing, it sure would be nice too see that Lguk instance.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:28 pm »

Please for the love of god.  I'm a new player (who boxes cause I've gotten little help so far) and I REALLY don't want to spend the better part of a year sitting in these zones farming CG/FG drops.

Shit I'm leaving for the desert in 2 months I'll be lucky to see a single CG/FG flagged person by then.

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 06:45:32 pm »

Actually the rules don't say anything about "camps" exactly.  The only thing close is under "don't KS" and talks mostly about raid bosses and waiting for people who are "buffing up"

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp.
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 06:57:47 pm »

IMO, I don't really agree with banning people for breaking the rules (except for extreme circumstances ie. regular repeat occurrences and complete disregard for rules). I do think people should play nice and treat everyone around them with respect, but banning is just too extreme for the days of played time people have put in to their characters. I can understand suspensions, but not the ban hammer. Not with Sony and not now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:59:40 pm by drippysloppy » Logged

Mirielle
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 07:03:30 pm »

Don't want to be banned?   Then follow the rules.

Hunter has spelled it out now, nice and clear for all to understand (again).

You speak of the amount of time that people have put into their chars.
What of the amount of time that the rest of the server population have put into theirs?

It's gone on far too long (imo) with people taking it further and further, and so it seems like Hunter has reached his breaking point and taking action.
Which is no bad thing.

Maybe now the offenders will sit up and take notice.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 07:06:18 pm »

Exactly, it only says I can "hold" a camp if I'm not afk ... for how long?  Forever?  What about selling "loot rights" to the camp after I leave?  (yes I have seen this)  Roll Eyes  Can I set up a rotation of people to camp it 24/7?  Hey we're not "afk"!!  You know someone will think of this... sad as it is.

Classic "play nice" rules say you get 1 (non PH) and then the next person in line gets his turn.  This seems a lot more reasonable to me, but hey not my server. (I would do it anyway if someone was in line behind me, because it's the non-douche thing to do.....  actually I would do it because I'd be so happy I got my item and I can GTFO of there and go do something non-soul-crushingly BORING Wink

Really, just instance the ding dang thing, then you don't have too many issues like this, and you don't have to make the items no-drop which causes other headaches.  I know this requires work, and may cause other issues.. just a suggestion.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)