Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:41:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Enough!  (Read 34185 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:17 pm »

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. You will be suspended or banned completely for breaking them.

In the future, I might delete a character or ban the account completely for having a bad name. I don't have time for people who like to push the limits and running out of second chances to give out.

Also, mobs are not yours to loot unless the group that killed it gives you permission first! Although you can hold a camp for 5 minutes before forfeit the rights to the camp, you can't loot other peoples corpses, even after waiting 5 minutes.

Read the rules!

People are being banned today for this. If your one of them, then wise up when you make a new account.

-Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
goladith

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:13:54 pm »

All I have to say, is thank you Hunter, thank you.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:15:21 pm »

I know how much a pain in the ass it is to play babysitter to a bunch of people that should be acting like adults, or at least semi-mature teenagers.

I don't envy ya, but I do appreciate the work you and the other GMs put in.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »

perhaps add to the no ninja rule that your group should clean up your corpse that are left after you get the gear off that you want. I have to turn on /hidecorpse looted just to clear the tons of corpse laying around in dulak. Or add to the no training message in dulak FFA after the timer expires since so much gear rots in the zone. Seen the same thing in non instanced Bothunder as well as City of Mist.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 03:39:02 pm »

Hunter, this is great! Exactly the kinda fire i knew was all pent up.
Drop that ban hammer, make 'em think twice next time.

This here makes me eat one of my previous flames, so i apologize for it (public no less), i was wrong and all you needed was a little time to sift through the stuff. Thanks again man, you made more people happy than sad with this.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:30 pm »

perhaps add to the no ninja rule that your group should clean up your corpse that are left after you get the gear off that you want. I have to turn on /hidecorpse looted just to clear the tons of corpse laying around in dulak. Or add to the no training message in dulak FFA after the timer expires since so much gear rots in the zone. Seen the same thing in non instanced Bothunder as well as City of Mist.

There is already a rule that handles this. You can not loot corpses you did not kill. As for the lag with corpses if that is what your getting it, make a /hidecorpses all button.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:47:28 pm »

Agreed.

In addition I'd like the "camp" rule clarified since there seems to be a lot of questions in /ooc about it lately.  Specifically, the FG/CG mobs. 

We currently have people who:
- Camp the CG/FG mobs for 5 hours solid, even with a line of people waiting, getting multiple items - not for their own character(s) but to sell/trade.
- Sell "looting rights" to the camp, and tell other people who wander by that "sorry but Soandso gets the camp after I leave"... this is my favorite Roll Eyes 
- Park 5-6 toons in guk at every one of the camps - yeah this is hard to spot unless they've named all their characters something similar.. but still shouldn't be allowed (IMO).

Unfortunately I think the only real solution is to make these items no-drop, but a clarification of the rules would help since this seems to come up a lot lately.

I say unfortunately because yeah I've given extras to my other characters, or just outright given them away...  I think I got like 8 Mana Robes on double-drop weekend, and I can't even count the number of Jade Reavers I've given away...

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:52:45 pm »

I think the camp rule is already clarified and needs no further clarification. If someone has an alt camping something or alts camping stuff, the only thing that matters is that they engage it within 5 minutes. There is no gray area there.

Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 04:06:41 pm »

guild items are sucking right now because the online population (not real players just online population) has gone up from 160 characters 6months ago to over 500 on most days.
A lot of players are guilding and gearing up more and more alts.

Keep in mind the ideal RoA setup includes a 3.0 shm druid and bard. Most people see that it almost requires 2war2clr2rng to beat a lot of content which blows and then there are those doing t3 that see that 10 more boxed /autofire rangers would make it bearable....

Basically camp rules are fine, the only change I would even consider supporting is that if server reboots and the player holding camp logs back in within 5min of the server coming back up they can keep their camp.

I had someone log out at my camp this morning and didnt say a thing to me. Server came up and my mob was there. I didnt bother to ask them anything and killed it since I had waited my turn in line before the server went down.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 04:12:00 pm »

Basically camp rules are fine, the only change I would even consider supporting is that if server reboots and the player holding camp logs back in within 5min of the server coming back up they can keep their camp.

Now that is a good, make sense suggestion where there is an obvious lack of information governing.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 04:15:01 pm »

Btw, it is awesome to see Hunter growling like this and running around smacking people with his *ban stick* in the face and saying, 'I own this m'fer'.

drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 04:27:39 pm »

- Park 5-6 toons in guk at every one of the camps - yeah this is hard to spot unless they've named all their characters something similar.. but still shouldn't be allowed (IMO).

Unfortunately I think the only real solution is to make these items no-drop, but a clarification of the rules would help since this seems to come up a lot lately.

I say unfortunately because yeah I've given extras to my other characters, or just outright given them away...  I think I got like 8 Mana Robes on double-drop weekend, and I can't even count the number of Jade Reavers I've given away...

I think this is an excellent idea. If you have your 2.0 and your working for 2.5 you can easily take all the mobs required to get the drops (excluding kings cards which are already no drop). These items should be made no drop to eliminate the horror that is guk.

oh and the fishbone earring...ugh.

Sablen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 04:42:13 pm »

Wow.. just wow.

I was banned for looting a single mage ring from a corpse that was obviously already looted, and that had been sitting there for 10 minutes.

The guy was pulling all of Qvic, and the only person he had with him was a ranger. There were no other mages in the area, and the ring would have just sat there and rotted.

Not really sure why that justifies a ban, but whatever. It's your server.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:50:20 pm by Sablen » Logged
Mirielle
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 05:04:00 pm »

Because it's against the rules to loot a mob you didn't kill without permission?

Yes, it would have rotted, but tough - them's the breaks.....
Slackoff01

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 05:31:42 pm »

Holding camp post reboot...Seems like a first in force kinda deal, first one back in should have rights to it. Or am I to log into to an alt i plan on working on FG for before server goes down to see whos there chit-chat and wait in freakin line again....

Yea right, I hope to get back in beofer anyone and get lucky on the pop. If you were in before I got logged back in oh well log back to main and go on my merry way.

Not that I actullay do this but as an example, i did my FG for main and only need CG for shammy.

OMG that is Justin Timberlake,, never knew he played on EZ

/nice duck face
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 104