Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:36:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Enough!  (Read 34184 times)
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 07:21:03 pm »

Don't want to be banned?   Then follow the rules.

Hunter has spelled it out now, nice and clear for all to understand (again).

You speak of the amount of time that people have put into their chars.
What of the amount of time that the rest of the server population have put into theirs?

It's gone on far too long (imo) with people taking it further and further, and so it seems like Hunter has reached his breaking point and taking action.
Which is no bad thing.

Maybe now the offenders will sit up and take notice.

That's a way to think about it. I just think if you get to crazy with the power it will piss people off. Given it's not my server and if Hunter wanted to he could just flip the switch and none of us could log in. I just find it to be an extreme form of punishment will only cause more problems. Sorry this just reminds me of being banned on live when all of the information was not considered and I just couldn't do that to someone else. It's like your older brother logging onto your account and deleting your character because he can overpower you.

But by all means people who cheat should be eliminated. I'm just talking about those regular players.

Though at the same time I can understand that Hunter is tired of his wasted time dealing with problems. Again, it's just a personal opinion.

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:02 pm »

Why does the rule need to be more clear than it already is? you can hold a camp as long as your not afk. You can move to a different camp or wait till that person is done.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 08:04:28 pm »

The problem with instancing a place like lower guk, is anyone with any amount of plat can basically spawn an instance, kill the mobs, delete the instance, recreate it for 10k which will force a repop, kill it again, rinse/repeat for instant/unlimited FG items. You can see the exploitability here I'm sure.
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:18 pm »

Go Go lockout timers!
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 08:12:01 pm »

Go Go lockout timers!

Sure but easy enough to use multiple toons etc Nuska, plus when you repop one instance it repops them all. It's terribly exploitable.
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 08:19:49 pm »

well if lguk is made instance before ldon and pofire.. i would want the lguk to be priced more than 10k Smiley hehe. I bet hunter will increase the price. If noobs need money, you can easily get a stack of 100 diamonds which sell for 190p and change each in 30min or less.  bump grp instance to 20k each and guild instance to 50k each. within 24 hours of qvic you should have a lot of money. In one run alone in qvic you should walk away with 50k or more plat.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »

well if lguk is made instance before ldon and pofire.. i would want the lguk to be priced more than 10k Smiley hehe. I bet hunter will increase the price. If noobs need money, you can easily get a stack of 100 diamonds which sell for 190p and change each in 30min or less.  bump grp instance to 20k each and guild instance to 50k each. within 24 hours of qvic you should have a lot of money. In one run alone in qvic you should walk away with 50k or more plat.

And the fact is on the high end we have millions of plat, it wouldn't mean anything even at 20k or 50k really to bump out unlimited fg/cg items. While the system is exploitable it would be bad to instance lower guk, assuming hunter is using the quest as a progression speed bump.
Mirielle
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 08:28:02 pm »

Make all the items Lore and No Drop (except the King's cards, they obviously can't be Lore, lol).

And make the queues exactly that - a queue.
No selling "next in line" tickets.  If you're not at the camp waiting, then you don't get a shot.
And no swapping toons in and out to farm the items.
Part of the whole "play nice" aspect.

Sucks for those of us who use FG / CG items to barter for Qvic runs etc, but I'm sure that there are other ways to get a run through.
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 08:52:23 pm »

IMO, I don't really agree with banning people for breaking the rules (except for extreme circumstances ie. regular repeat occurrences and complete disregard for rules). I do think people should play nice and treat everyone around them with respect, but banning is just too extreme for the days of played time people have put in to their characters. I can understand suspensions, but not the ban hammer. Not with Sony and not now.

There are to many other important  issues for the server team to worry about.  Having to police childish behavior takes away time that could be spent developing new ideas to make the game more fun.  The rules are VERY SIMPLE.  If you don't agree with the rules and don't want to follow them, find a new G.D. server and free up some space for the rest of us who follow them.  That is all.

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »

Sucks for those of us who use FG / CG items to barter for Qvic runs etc, but I'm sure that there are other ways to get a run through.

This is a huge part of the problem. You have people that are trying to get their FG/CG items for their own toons. Then you have others that are farming them up for qvic runs just ruining the whole camp because they are not looking for 1 item, but as many as they can get to barter so those of us who are actually just trying to get the items for 1 toon are SOL.

drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 08:56:25 pm »

There are to many other important  issues for the server team to worry about.  Having to police childish behavior takes away time that could be spent developing new ideas to make the game more fun.  The rules are VERY SIMPLE.  If you don't agree with the rules and don't want to follow them, find a new G.D. server and free up some space for the rest of us who follow them.  That is all.

Temp, you misunderstood me. I'm not trying to say that I wont follow the rules. I haven't run into a problem with them so far. The banning just reminds me of my time in live when I was banned. Not trying to stir up any problems, just saying I couldn't ban someone myself. Just like i couldn't fire someone from a job. I just couldn't do that to someone. I still think he has valid reasons for it. It's just a personal opinion and also it's not my server so i don't have a say in those kinds of things.

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 09:02:08 pm »

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 09:04:15 pm »

Temp, you misunderstood me. I'm not trying to say that I wont follow the rules. I haven't run into a problem with them so far. The banning just reminds me of my time in live when I was banned. Not trying to stir up any problems, just saying I couldn't ban someone myself. Just like i couldn't fire someone from a job. I just couldn't do that to someone. I still think he has valid reasons for it. It's just a personal opinion and also it's not my server so i don't have a say in those kinds of things.

Sorry to hop all over you like a rabid monster... anyone else who may want to groan about the rules can refer to my post above.

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 09:07:43 pm »

Sorry to hop all over you like a rabid monster... anyone else who may want to groan about the rules can refer to my post above.

It's cool I can understand the pent up anger from those who have wronged you as I have been in the same boat.

drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

shit..i'm fired...god damnit lol.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081