Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 04:20:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Updates July 12th  (Read 15137 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:18:11 am »

- SK epic clicky should be fixed. It now works on NPCs only, and does gradually increasing damage each tick. The more NPCs affected by the DOT, the greater the damage output as it ticks.*

* NOTE: This is only active after the next 6am reboot from this post (or a manual reboot by Hunter.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:39:43 am by Secrets » Logged
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:45:07 am »

Was there a problem with the healing to PC's while doing damage to NPC's?
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:46:26 am »

I think I might have to take my SK out of storage.

Thank you Secrets!

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:05:50 am »

Was there a problem with the healing to PC's while doing damage to NPC's?

Not particularly. It's more of an issue of balance.

Speaking of which I fixed the ticking issue on this spell today.
kyle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39:43 am »

Awesome job secrets!  I just tested it out and it does 375 damage per tick, starting at 375 for the first tick, going all the way up to 3000 before wearing off.

Any word on the sorceror charm for SK?  Grin

Thanks!

Freeball - Beastlord
Pwncakes - Cleric
Eugooglizer - Enchanter
Kyle - Shadowknight
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 12:19:56 pm »

When I asked you if it was working corretly with a 16k tick, you said that was intended on a 3.0. Now it's 375 with 375 increasing a tick. That dot went from uber to noober. Was this what was intended with your tick fix?
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:13 pm »

When I asked you if it was working corretly with a 16k tick, you said that was intended on a 3.0. Now it's 375 with 375 increasing a tick. That dot went from uber to noober. Was this what was intended with your tick fix?

What was happening was the DoT would start at a set value, and not reset until you zone. That was what I fixed.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 04:59:02 pm »

Having played a bit with a 3.0 SK and hearing from people who have access to a 4.0 SK I will say that I think it's current level of tuning is appropriate.  Would it be possible to make it unresistable?  I think that is all that it needs.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 05:03:43 pm »

Having played a bit with a 3.0 SK and hearing from people who have access to a 4.0 SK I will say that I think it's current level of tuning is appropriate.  Would it be possible to make it unresistable?  I think that is all that it needs.

That would make sense. Isnt War aug and Paladin proc unresistable already? Would bring SKs in line with others at that point

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »

I was playing with the new update and it does seem to be doing a good amount of damage coinciding with the 3.0's across the board. But I still did notice a little too much resisting from various mobs like yellow had mentioned. Im at my job now, but will post some parsings later tonight. But a blind number are estimates are about 605stick/30%resist. I do like the idea of unresistable too.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 05:24:38 pm »

Spell seems useless to me today. works only up to base of under 10k before wrapping back down to 1200. This is on epic 4. DPS = terrible even factoring dot. Even if unresistable it's way way too low.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »

Yeah the dps yesterday was welcome and could even help me overlook the resists, some mobs in potime resisted 7 or more casts in a row.  Dps this morning was lackluster and not worth taking the spot of a war in my group.

Poop
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 10:28:17 pm »

Wanted to post my findings here as well on this fix, as it needs some work.

alrighty,

After playing with this right after launch it was where it needed to be, doing damage reflective of a 3.0 wielding character.

But today it is gimped like everyone else has noticed.

So, I took the SK to ldon for average playing ground. Took off all damage shields and all effect procing gear. Only had a guardian charm on as well. SO the only thing that would show is the damage from the dot on the epicV3.

I went through 3 rounds of singles, adds, and duos of frogs at the entrance. And my results are all the same, I am including a screenshot of the damage output of the last fight.The initial click only does 1dmg then adds 250dmg a tick till it hits 2k Dmg.

It seems as the spell does not seem to get past 2k in the rolling sequence.

It rolls back to 250dmg and starts over again.

I am hoping this is not intentional, it should keep gaining on itself until it caps out and the spell ends before it starts out at a low 250 DMG again.

It also does NOT spread to other npcs that join the fight. The only way that new npcs joining get the disease is if the SK re-clicks the epic. And some do not get within range even When you re-click because the PBaoe range is too small.

My suggestions for improvement are:
Reworking the code to make the spell more reflective of damage needed to keep up with qvic and post qvic mobs, rolling dot damage increments of 500dmg a tick building the duration of the spell to cap at 5kdmg. Let me provide you with the math to that one before anyone cries about anything.
THat would give this epic click an end total damage of 27k OVERTIME.
Considering that the trash in qvic has total Hp's of about 63k and anything above qvic has more HP....27k is nothing. But we ATLEAST need it to be that amount, but not the very very weak 10,501 total hp that the DOT currently has on it.

IT is very underpowered and still broken at this point. It gets resisted way too much (qvic mobs resist 50% of the time)
So...
1: Increase the HP damage portion of the DOT to cap (at minimum 5k peak tap) thus equaling about 27k total damage
2: Increase the Range of the PBae (it only hits if the mob is ontop of you currently)
3: Make it Unresistable

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 11:21:16 pm »

Yeah those resists in PoTime were awful, and yes the area it affects is teh poopie, oh well it was a great idea anyhow.  I guess it kind of lines up with the crappy click effect paladins have now instead of the large heal they have a stun and small damage woo woo.   It was fun playing em while it lasted but back to warriors and serious business.

Poop
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:04 am »

It's not intentional on the resists *and* the DoT resetting. The DoT resetting was sorta intentional as a temporary fix until I could fix it scaling all the way up there, rather than per-spell cast.

I'll be doing some testing today and pushing out a fix later.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 203