Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:57:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 07 24 10  (Read 17992 times)
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 08:24:49 pm »

Did everyone forget that LDoN 2-5 each drops a different type of charm, so you can choose which charm you want to farm, and stay on that level killing trash.

Forget? I didn't even know! This could have saved me like two days trying to get my last few specific charm upgrades! @_@

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »

I'm considering adding the LDoN charm upgrades onto the Hohonora trash mobs as a very rare chance for drop, so that high levels have an alternate place to start getting their charms up to rank 25 so they can use stones for ranks 26-50.

Also, I'm planning on getting charms 1-25 to be combined in the Magic Box instead of hand in to the NPC asap, when I'm awake and have time.

Did everyone forget that LDoN 2-5 each drops a different type of charm, so you can choose which charm you want to farm, and stay on that level killing trash.

Nice.
Im assuming the LDON levels are even rarer than LDON6 since ive been through about 50 times and only seen 1 piece drop.
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »

Forget? I didn't even know! This could have saved me like two days trying to get my last few specific charm upgrades! @_@

Because you have a gambling problem and spend all your time at the lotto bot.

Smiley

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »

Anyone.

Hunter mentioned that the other Ldon levels have a chance of dropping a certain charm.  Do we have a list of what level for what charm?  Also is the chance still 1%?

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 09:37:44 pm »

Have to say I'm a little confused and dismayed by this move.  I'd say 99.9% of of the time people let "newbies" loot the pages.  When I was doing 2.0 the first time I even had a mage COH me to the boss so I could loot it...  Every time I have camped the bosses there (which isn't often, they are about permacamped) I've had literally a stream of people wander thru to loot the pages. 

So 1 guy acts like a moron and now charms have to be EVEN more rare?  Ouch.

If you add them to honora that's great, but it won't help people who are still ages away from being able to hang in there (ie most of the new people, who still need charms 1-25..)

Please do something (else) with the charms.  Off the top of my head, easy things you could do, make them cost a lot less points.. 500 or 300 or even less wouldn't be out of line IMO.  A bit more work would be to up the drop rate in the other zones..

Gokusse

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 09:44:49 pm »

Updated Key_Master NPC to allow custom item ids to make keys for any item, and now allows charms to go above 25, up to 50.

LDoN 6 has the bosses reduced chance of loot. The charm upgrades off LDoN 6 bosses are now 1% drop, points 5%, and illusion cards 25%. This is to reduce the amount of high level players hording the bosses, so low level players can kill bosses for their Epic 2.0 Quest.

These two statements back to back seem to imply (to me) farm less buy more. If i'm taking it out of context then I must be mistaken in some way.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 10:13:56 pm »

Anyone.

Hunter mentioned that the other Ldon levels have a chance of dropping a certain charm.  Do we have a list of what level for what charm?  Also is the chance still 1%?
As mentioned the drop rate is significantly lower than LDON6.
You can clear LDON6 and expect 1 charm upgrade every other clearing.
You can clear the other levels 20 times and not see a charm.
I have been testing this since this post and it still rings true.

Nice to know they drop in other levels, but if the drop rate is crazy low, you are still better off in 6.
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »

ya this move on charm reduction...really gimps the ones working on the charms AND REALLY REALLY screws the lowbies trying to start on theirs.

I second the motion on trying something different for the benefit of everyone.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 10:37:00 pm »

I agree farming charms is bad enough as it is. There needs to be more options (in the form of zones in my opinion) to farm charms. What happened to the LDON7 idea?

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=502.90
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:15:06 am by drippysloppy » Logged

Balthor2
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 12:03:20 am »

Ive always been short. I am a dorf.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 12:10:45 am »

They do drop in other levels, I got one in 3 or 4 I think, but I think that's extremely rare.

Hell they were rare before in level 6.  I've spent more time there than I ever wanted to and got about 18 upgrades total for 2 characters, and probably 5 of those I turned in for the points, because honestly at that rate I will NEVER see ultimate charm... I'll be lucky to reach lv 25 on one character, and that was before this change.

Just IMHO trying to be constructive here, I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this and don't envy you when you have to babysit children that can't behaive...  Cool

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 12:36:07 am »

Well camping boss to get charm is just a waste of time ... almost all my charm upgrade comes from killing trash in ldon 6, so let people that need page kill boss and keep clearing trash, loot charm upgrade and credit and you will be fine, patience is a vertu  Roll Eyes
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 01:07:43 am »

It's not a waste of time.. or wasn't ... you have (had) a good chance to get a charm upgrade from the boss, and at the least a 50pt token.  Plus I always cleared trash around the area in-between spawns (and to get there) anyway.

Yes NOW it's probably a waste of time..   Tongue

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 01:30:50 am »

I have never ever got a charm off the bosses it's always been on trash and yes you can get to 25 and on to ultimate charm.  Just cant burn through shit as fast as WoW here, and like I said in another post, whats 20 bucks here and there to get upgrades?

Poop
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 03:33:46 am »

Updated Key_Master NPC to allow custom item ids to make keys for any item, and now allows charms to go above 25, up to 50.

LDoN 6 has the bosses reduced chance of loot. The charm upgrades off LDoN 6 bosses are now 1% drop, points 5%, and illusion cards 25%. This is to reduce the amount of high level players hording the bosses, so low level players can kill bosses for their Epic 2.0 Quest.

These two statements back to back seem to imply (to me) farm less buy more. If i'm taking it out of context then I must be mistaken in some way.

I had to laugh, cause your right, it seems that way. Honestly, very few people buy charms, and even fewer buy them post level 25, but this code was so I don't have to manually find a player in game or search thru the inventory table in the database to update their charm.

Charms in general are my topic for this weekend. Other edits happened from random tells and emails about hey fix this and that quick, etc.

I'm hoping to get all charms 1-25 as a working recipe in the Magic Box before my weekend is over, and then remove the turn in from the NPC. This way players won't lose their charm upgrades by giving to wrong NPC and it'll be easier to upgrade in Magic Box without leaving the zone.

I'm going to change the chance of drops off trash for levels 2-5, see next update topic.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 8678