Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:44:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Boxing Tools  (Read 16408 times)
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:23:53 am »

Boxing 3 for T2 would be very difficult unless you were already fully T2+ geared or have max RoA. As everyone has basically said Paly is great asset for the group.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:55 am »

That's more of less then what I was getting at, Crab.

With a high end ROA and oracle charm, should I be able to 3/4 box kronos with SK tank?
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 11:05:56 am »

That's more of less then what I was getting at, Crab.

With a high end ROA and oracle charm, should I be able to 3/4 box kronos with SK tank?

I didn't actually post on this thread?

But if you truly want my advice build at least 2 warriors if you want to be able to move past t2 - that's the bottom line. The more time you waste trying to turn your sk into a warrior the less happy you will be long term. On the high end the difference is staggering, and if you want to do content with just a few boxes you'll need the warrior dps/survivability.

I have a sk, and 2 times in the history of the server, both times for 1 day they have been king - but in general they just aren't ever going to replace a warrior. I know you don't want to hear it, but that's the truth.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 11:07:43 am »

Shocked

I wonder what reply i was reading then.

Anyway, yeah, i dont want to hear that but I know it. Honestly, I can't see me passing through T2 anytime soon, but at that time i'll have to make a war. Or two.

Embarrassed

*edit* what's the SK's t3/t4 spell do? maybe its powerful enough to stall my war requirements...
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 11:29:59 am »

Shocked

I wonder what reply i was reading then.

Anyway, yeah, i dont want to hear that but I know it. Honestly, I can't see me passing through T2 anytime soon, but at that time i'll have to make a war. Or two.

Embarrassed

*edit* what's the SK's t3/t4 spell do? maybe its powerful enough to stall my war requirements...

See you aren't listening again. I've been very clear, it won't work Smiley If you want to stop wasting time, get the warriors moving now and geared, anything else will end up costing you far more than it's worth.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 11:57:44 am »

You just got Crab'ed.
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 12:11:28 pm »

2 times in the history of the server, both times for 1 day they have been king

Grin

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 12:59:40 pm »

Yea, I've come to terms that my SK(that was my main) will be getting shelved sooner than later...only thing he does right now is serve as a PL killing machine for my war that i'm roa'ing.  with my sk i can get him 47-70 in about 20-30 mins in fire...is that decent?  Should I just make a bard, and if i do, would I see mega results?  I can't get through qvic on my own yet, or else id already have a 3.0 bard and shammy.  all i have to work with is a 2.5 druid, which seems to be working decently i suppose.  i can roa in an hour or so at this point.  thoughts?  suggestions?

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 01:58:58 pm »

I have a 3.0 bard however I found it is faster to have a 3.0 war do Pofire.  I can pull the entire fire zone without worrying about Hp really and then rampage and just clean up the ones the DS does not get.  Today I got my monk from 59 to 68 in one pull which took like 3 minutes to gather.  Now take in to effect that I was the only one pulling in PoFire at the time.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 02:01:08 pm »

You can't go wrong with any of the following combinations.

War/War/War/Clr/Clr/Clr(Pal): Will seem very weak until you start getting Anger augs.  You won't die, but you will kill very slowly.

War/War/Clr/Clr(Pal)/Rng/Mnk
War/War/Clr/Clr(Pal)/Mnkx2 or Rngx2: two rangers beat out two monks until you get your T4 monk spell.

War/War/Pal/Pal/Pal/Bard: Not as stable as if you had a cleric in place of one Paladin, but 5 melee benefitting from bard songs would rip through stuff in short order.

I think i am going to go with War/War/Clr/Pal/Rng/Rng.

Is the idea here that the Rng/Rng/Clr should be able to out range any AE's and all healing can be focused on the Main tank as the Pal should be able to heal AE/Ramp Dmg on the three melee?

My only experience with T1 is a single boss summon which I failed repeatedly  because my cleric was a puss and died to AE. Just wondering if wasnt positioning myself correcly.

Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 02:04:43 pm »

You can't get out of range of the AoE and still be 'in the fight.'  Your cleric needs to be tough enough to withstand those AoE's pretty regularly.  The Paladin's proc group heal will help a great deal.  In fact, with the Pally I rarely need to use my cleric for heals in T1 fights anymore.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 02:44:38 pm »

Sounds like I need to build up his oracle charm a bit

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 03:42:41 pm »

I have a 3.0 bard however I found it is faster to have a 3.0 war do Pofire.  I can pull the entire fire zone without worrying about Hp really and then rampage and just clean up the ones the DS does not get.  Today I got my monk from 59 to 68 in one pull which took like 3 minutes to gather.  Now take in to effect that I was the only one pulling in PoFire at the time.

How well geared is the warrior?  And I thought by pulling the whole zone + rampage would crash it?

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 03:58:16 pm »

Full Tacvi, 3 pieces of T1, RoA 100 with 66k hp buffed.  But with less of a RoA and similar gear you could easily pull 30-40 mobs.  Not sure if it is rampage or Anger 5 that crashes zones.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 04:37:52 pm »

How well geared is the warrior?  And I thought by pulling the whole zone + rampage would crash it?

It's a combination of things that crash the zones, not just big AOE pulls.  I used to do massive aoe pulls on my server just to test stability and could never crash a zone with only a small number of people in it.  Up the population and things change though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 318