Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:32:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Tacvi Leaping  (Read 17608 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:51:13 am »

I know that ignoring everything else on the forums and only looking at the rules that Tacvi leap Froging would be alright. However, there were some additional posts where i believe hunter had declared the entire zone goes to the person who engages the first boss.

Hunter - If this is how you still feel today Would you mind putting a sentence in the Section right after leap frogging that it doesnt apply to tacvi.

I know you are working to revamp Tacvi so it may change in a matter of week(s). However, it would be real quick to edit and re-edit the post after the revamp and may save some headaches.

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 09:26:31 am »

People's moral compass can be off. I would just be dilligent about looting gems in other zones and paying the small 10k fee for a guild instance.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:30 am »

Loot the darn gems and pay that small fee, it will save you soooo much in brain pain.

Poop
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:14 am »

I actually did have my own instance - Iv been farming Tacvi for this entire weekend looking for 2 Plate Bracers - ive come up dry on about 10 runs.

So when i go to do tacvi i look to see if Public is up so i can have more chances to get my damned bracers.

I agree with you guys that you should buy instances and avoid any drama but unfortunately i would rather get my bracers faster Cheesy

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:05:37 pm »

I actually did have my own instance - Iv been farming Tacvi for this entire weekend looking for 2 Plate Bracers - ive come up dry on about 10 runs.

So when i go to do tacvi i look to see if Public is up so i can have more chances to get my damned bracers.

I agree with you guys that you should buy instances and avoid any drama but unfortunately i would rather get my bracers faster Cheesy

If you want to get them fast then buy/delete your instance after each clear and buy a new one and it comes up spawned. You can clear it 10 times in 20 minutes if you can clear that fast Smiley
Balthor2
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 02:59:53 pm »

Thats the wrong fucking attitude to have.
DO NOT LEAP FROG TACVI.
Its been declared in the past.
Instanced zones are very nice to have, I use the holy crud out of them but no one should be forced to use a instance to avoid some ass clown that has no respect for the rules.
I could rant more but I wont.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:00:58 pm »

Thats the wrong fucking attitude to have.
DO NOT LEAP FROG TACVI.
Its been declared in the past.
Instanced zones are very nice to have, I use the holy crud out of them but no one should be forced to use a instance to avoid some ass clown that has no respect for the rules.
I could rant more but I wont.

Which brings us back to the purpose of the post - If this past declaration is still supposed to bind the community's actions than I have asked that it be added to the Official Rules post.

Really this wasnt a post for debate - more of asking Hunter for Clarification and validation.

Edit: Crab - I dont have the bankroll for that idea :O

It wont be long before im in T3/T4 land and will have to drop 200k a weekend.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:07:40 pm by Mayo Deftinwolf » Logged

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »

This leap frogging thing is such a pita, what happened to common curtesy? This happens in all public zones. How would you address such a thing? I am not sure Hunter has time to enforce this transgressions so griefing is starting to run rampant. I stick to instances to avoid just this thing, with the exception of ldon but it gets expensive for sure.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 11:01:26 pm »

This leap frogging thing is such a pita, what happened to common curtesy? This happens in all public zones. How would you address such a thing? I am not sure Hunter has time to enforce this transgressions so griefing is starting to run rampant. I stick to instances to avoid just this thing, with the exception of ldon but it gets expensive for sure.

This wouldnt be too tough to enforce if it was a black and white rule. Once its black and white all people need to do is run fraps and turn it in - bingo bango BAN!

By the way I wanted to be clear that I was the one leap frogging.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 11:34:45 pm »

No worries Mayo, I was not directing my post at anyone in particular Smiley I have just been a recipient of leap frogging.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:30:38 am »

IMO, there should be seperate rules to tacvi. Hour respawn and the first boss killer gets the whole zone? Honestly, to me it doesn't sound fair.

So after the first clear, fast forward an hour, is there ~5 people in the first room, ready to race and kill to claim all 8 bosses? Or does that first shmuck get the whole zone indefinitely at that point?

Cmonnnnnn
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:19:04 am »

Gets all bosses because if you agro number 8 boss the rest will assist if you agro boss 7, 6-1 assist so its a one group thing if you dont like it make your own instance i say, stops all the drama and you dont have to worrie about Vultures.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:50:57 am »

Leapfrogging in tacvi is a jerk move. The mass majority of the server feels that it is a jerk move. Although there is nothing in the rules that specifically governs tacvi he does have a catch all jerk move rule:

USE COMMON SENSE
Just because I haven't listed a rule, doesn't mean you can't get banned for a certain action. Use your head, You know right and wrong. Don't be an idiot or you'll get banned.

It has also been noted several times in several places on the forums that Hunter has mentioned in the past that leapfrogging in tacvi is a no no. I can not imagine that someone would not realize that going against the mass consensus of the server regarding Tacvi would be an ok thing.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:43 am »

Never underestimate stupidity added to greed.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 12:04:21 pm »

Let us all agree - You can buy an instance and avoid the drama - Hopefully this will be the last time this is said in this one thread.

That being said - there is still a public zone that is utilized very often by multiple people. I can see the arguements for both sides of the spectrum and unfortunately I dont believe your quotation of the "Common Sense" rules really applies. What you feel is common sense because you have experienced the previous debates and saw the masses agree with your point of view - doesnt make it common sense for somebody who is just entering tacvi and didnt think they would have to scour the forums for any rules that might be specific to that zone and burried under countless more recent threads.

It seems like a very sensible common sense idea to share the zone with another group by alternating bosses (in the order they were meant to be killed). With perhaps the frist group getting first crack at Tunat. After all, they all drop the same loot.

However, I do believe it is a jerk move for a superior group to kill 5 bosses while the first group is still working on that bastard who respawns 3 times when its least convenient for you! (this is actually what I did but in a non-jerk fashion).

Which brings me back to the Original Point of the thread (which I will continue to say in each post to remind everyone that this wasnt inteded to be a debate of the rules or how stupid people are). If its the current standing rule that can only be found by diggging in the forums - I would like to see it added to the Rules Post.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)