Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 11:27:47 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Brawler's charm  (Read 12871 times)
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 01:47:24 pm »

I was originally told brawlers is supposed to give a dmg mod % to melee DPS. Which makes sense to me. If thats what it WAS and its BROKEN, remake it to fix it. (or haste, dont care as long as the dmg increase is anywhere close to the awesomesauce oracle is to sk/pal/healers)

Sounds like, to me, it worked for a while and after one of the recent patches, it no longer. Happens sometimes. Nothing to do really with the original or new code, sometimes new things can bork around with other things. Ask the code. /shrug.

Did you read the thread i linked? lol

It was Champions with a dmg mod. It DID work for all but archery (which looking back i believe was a "limit" effect line that caused it to only affect melee as per the copy of champions but i would have to look at it again) however i think someone messed with it, which is fine, not my server therefore i handed it over so no longer my spell either.

The thing is no one ever is satisfied with this charm, it's been the subject of criticism for as long as it's existed. I could do the focus again and it would still have posts about it every couple days. That's why i said if you want me to fix it again you all gotta tell me EXACTLY what you want, that way when it's not what you guys want (notice i said "when" not "if") it'll be your own faults, not mine.

Tbh if i were in Hunter's position i would have removed the charm from the game entirely a long time ago but meh.

Blood of the Akkadian
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 02:01:30 pm »

My bad-no, i didnt read the thread hah but champions+dmg mod makes sense.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 04:11:26 pm »

if it were to change at all, and tbh- i like it how it is, but anyhow- if you were to change it, what do y'all think about making it just  a base crit % chance increase on everything: Heals, melee, spells, range- the works. and no dmg modifier.  Would make it more appealing to all classes i'd assume, but I would think that focus would then get added to ultimate charm.  But ya if changed why not that? crit on everything across the board, and just remove the haste- t2 bp's have good haste, not much difference after 100% worn haste from what my naked eyes can see.
Any thoughts?

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »

I would really like to see the haste put back on. I lost over 2k dps, I consider that pretty significant. It would be nice to have the crit mods but not nearly important as the haste. Going from 131 haste to 70 haste is quite a large drop. There was supposed to be a scaling damage mod on it, since my average and high dps never changed with our without the brawlers I don't know if it has ever worked. That would be super nice. If those things can be gotten to work and someone still complains I will coth them into the caves in SFG.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:05 pm »

I think we just "want" it to work... whatever it's supposed to do...  Currently it does nothing, that's the main problem. Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 93