Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:00:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Event 2010  (Read 35887 times)
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 01:27:03 pm »

One thing I didn't mention in my synopsis above, CT would also drop a complete epic book.  I want to say it was the 3.0 book, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Hunter, if you do increase the difficulty of CT, would you consider upgrading the book one level as a Risk/Reward balance.
Demin
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

CT would have to be really damn hard for it to be worth him dropping a 3.5.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:38 am »

Itd be nice if we could do it Saturday since I know my wife and kids nd Sunday they will not leave me alone!  If its for one day Im sure I can wake up early and get some playtime in before they get up. Wink

Poop
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 01:49:20 am »

Wouldn't make sense for a Halloween event a day before Halloween lol

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 02:58:52 am »

I'm bolloxed as well working sunday 12 hr shift.  Tongue ick
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:07 am »

Last year's event was 2-3 days long, but if it's only a single day this year, I'll still be grateful for the fun!

In response to Demin's comment regarding CT dropping a 3.5 book, I understand where you're coming from.  Farming pages and then killing Shadow is a helluva grind!  I'm also not 100% sure it was the 3.0 book CT dropped.  If it was, however, this is a short term Event with some cool/fun rewards.  It doesn't necessarily need to be in that line of difficutly (if that was what you were thinking).  Last year, when Epic 3.0 and T2 armor were the best in the game and not many had that, CT was only killable by those who had already reached that point in the game.  If you were still farming Qvic, or Tacvi, CT was just too tough at least without a bunch of friends.  I would suggest that if CT's going to drop a 3.5 book, it should be with the same thing in mind.  If you can't farm HoH, and kill Shadow, CT should be too tough for you.

Interestingly enough, for the folks able to kill Cazic, the reward of the book was secondary.  It was the 10k familiar that they really wanted.  So high end guilds were calling out that if you managed to spawn CT, they would come kill it for you if they got the familiar and you got the book.  A bunch of people took them up on that offer.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 08:35:18 pm »

I may be wrong but I swear it being like 4 days or 3 days at least?  I remember logging in every morning following Teehee around to get the rots.   Shocked  Now it's my turn to pay it back and help some nboobs get a pet or two.

Poop
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:13 pm »

Holidays is double drop weekends too right? Tongue Wink *hint* *hint*

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 08:58:46 pm »

I may be wrong but I swear it being like 4 days or 3 days at least?  I remember logging in every morning following Teehee around to get the rots.   Shocked  Now it's my turn to pay it back and help some nboobs get a pet or two.
Haha the event started on a friday where CT was broken and only had alot of HP. Saturday hunter came on and saw that this was the case and made cazic thule death touch every so often and aoe knock back. I think the event lasted till monday morning when the reboot hit.

I think there were only like 60-70 cazic thule pets.

What happened for the event though was the guild i was in would ooc that if someone popped CT(unless they knew it was coming they would die instantly.) and they sent one of us a tell we would kill it for them. We would take the CT pet and give them the 3.0 book for spotting it or telling us. So even if the 3.5 is tough if 4.0s are slaughtering it the books will eventually rot.

I think there were only 3 guilds that were killing it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:00:35 pm by Teehee » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »

I would guess no on double loot weekend unless it was easy to exempt the pet dropping mobs from dropping double loot too.
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 11:13:02 pm »

Whats wrong with double pet drops? if Kronos can drop 2 class chests and 2 dragon class chests in 1 drop, why cant another boss drop 2 pets? Tongue

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 12:29:52 am »

*shrug*  It seems to me like the pets are meant to be a little bit rare.  Double pet loot makes that less so.  Just my opinion.
caowen

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 03:56:44 pm »

Not sure if anyone has suggested this.. (ie... begged)  lol  But how about a pocket banker treat every once in awhile make the pocket banker drop. lol
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57:43 pm »

Yeah even if it was just a double loot day on Sunday, just 24 hours from reboot to reboot.  I think I'd pee my pants cause that would be some fun mixed in with one of my favorite holidays of all time.  It would be nice if Hunter started the scripts tonight before he went to work, hint hint, please.  Wink  One day of craziness on Sunday is gonna be so much fun.  It'd be nicer to get two days crack at getting the cazic pets but if not Sunday will have to do, I'll just give my wife and kids some money and point them to the mall.  Yes I am gay for Halloween and Hunter.  Shocked

Poop
Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 05:45:04 am »

Halloween has begun =D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats