Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:05:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Event 2010  (Read 35891 times)
Camric

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:40 pm »

Any plans for a Halloween event this year?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:50:33 pm »

I'm going to dress up like a high-elf and visit Felwithe and slaughter them all.. and loot the pp... er goodies. Grin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 01:47:10 pm »

Oh Halloween events cant come soon enough I am so exciteded!  Now that I am not sick I impatiently await it.  Please Hunter start start start.

Poop
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:51:56 pm »

how do the halloween events here usually go?
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:14:47 pm »

Last year's event was a in a number of zones, usually the 'spooky' ones like Howling Stones or Estate of Unrest.

In those zones killing yard trash had a chance (don't remember the percentages) of spawning a Lvl 1 Boss.  If I remember correctly there were 5 potential Lvl 1 bosses (scarecrow, zombie and skeleton are the only ones I remember), each with the same characteristics.  Fairly easy to kill.  When dead they would drop a disguise (whatever boss they were), a stone to summon a familiar (same), and some candy.  Familiar is usable by any class, adds 1k hp and can buff its owner once every 5 minutes

After killing a lvl 1 boss, there was a small chance that it would spawn a Lvl 2 boss.  There were three of these (Tribunal, Solusek Ro and one I don't recall) and they were tougher, but one groupable.  Possibly soloable by the highest levels, but I needed a group.  Again, they would drop the disguise, the familiar and the candy.  Familiar adds 3k and buffs as above

Killing a Lvl 2 boss had a small chance of spawning the Lvl 3 boss (Cazic Thule).  At the time he was a multi-group boss with knock-back, death touch and a goodly number of HP.  The DT was once a minute and it took two to three groups of T1 equipped  toons a few minutes to drop him.  Same drops, but this familiar adds 10k hp in addition to being able to buff.

After 24 hours or so of random killing, Hunter added an NPC to Unrest.  If you handed this NPC one of the candies you got from your other kills he would either say Treat and hand you a random FG/CG item (anything but the Trak Idol or King Chest Cards), or he would say Trick and spawn Cazic Thule.

I must say, that was the most fun I'd had in a weekend on EZ.  That event ROCKED!
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:17:52 pm »

Sounds really well thought out. That's AWESOME!
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:56:49 pm »

Sounds fun, I just hope he announces it here first to let people know when it starts and where to give all a chance.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:31 pm »

At minimum I'll just re-enable the same script we ran last year for Halloween.

I noticed Halloween is offically on Sunday, so I might work on a new or similar script on my day off Saturday to be ready to run Sunday. If not, it'll just be same as last year.

Might need to make Cazic Thule harder now since we have T3/T4 people with super DPS. The T2 level bosses will probably remain the same since mainstream players are probably in PoD right now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 02:43:45 am »

Aw man, lol dont make cazic T3/T4 str, How about....make public, instance 1 and instance 2 for cazic...Each lvl being Zombie =public T2 boss Str, instance 1 would be Soulsek Ro T3 boss str and maybe instance 2 cazic thule pet at T4 boss strength?

Im sure this will be alot of work and might not be worth it, but hey for all i know that takes 15minutes? lol just food for thought for all of us that can take down T3/T4 bosses just yet and would like a chance at a Pet Smiley

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Aname
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 05:12:57 am »

This is an example of me trying to be good.  Trying not to say anything negative.   Trying really hard. 
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 10:21:07 am »

Is there anyway we could get Cazic Thule boss in an instanced zone?  I do recall there being a few problems last year and I can just see the wailing and gnashing of teeth its going to cause this year.   Shocked

Poop
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 11:06:13 am »

Doesn't Unrest already have a 100k instance waypoint?
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 05:30:53 pm »

I dunno but am not sure about Fearplane.

Poop
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 10:35:24 pm »

I think we should poll for 100k zones for Halloween Smiley

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 10:36:57 pm »

Poll:yes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023