Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:30:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Looting  (Read 55809 times)
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:20 am »

2 examples :

- When I was in Dulak I couldn't find a necro helm . So I shout "If somebody sees a necro helm , pst ."
Instead of getting an answer that this would be "ninja looting" , I got a tell "Found helm there and there and if you see BST hands , pst" . Indeed I found BST hands a bit later and sent a tell .
Checking rotting corpses in Dulak seems to be common practice . According to the rule I understand that I and the person who sent me the tell should be banned . Probably almost everybody in Dulak should be banned too .

- In BoT I found my both bracers on rotting copses . Somebody pulled the whole east wing and there were dozens and dozens of rotting corpses . A person came after me and was obviously checking them too . Here again I understand that both the person and me should be banned . It is current to see a shout "Chest so and so rotting there and there ." If somebody goes and loots it he should be banned because he didn't check whether the person shouting was the one who did the kill .

OK a rule is a rule so I will try to respect it . But I will clearly not report if I see anybody checking a pile of rotting corpses . Of couse everytime I see the person who did the kill , I ask if I can loot once the timer is over .
But if I may to make a suggestion , I would restrict the rule to the ninja looting of bosses .
Generalizing it to yard trash rotting around can't be enforced and people will keep checking it . In Dulak and BoT that's obviously common practice .

Let me put this in terms a "Lawyer" can understand...

Example one: You are guilty of receiving stolen property
Example two: How do you know that person actually did not get permission from the person that killed those mobs to loot?

Trash is in the view of the individual, don't project onto others what you think trash is.

And this goes to anybody, if you loot corpses long enough without verifying with the person that killed the mob, someday it will cost you. Not everybody will report you, but all it takes is one person having a bad day and the sight of someone sifting through their pile is all they needed to see to put them over the edge.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 10:16:42 am »

Trash is in the view of the individual, don't project onto others what you think trash is.

+1

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 02:56:36 pm »

Tiny insignificant post.

I must say that I am mightily surprised .
I can be called a newbie as I only know Dulak and BoT - this is my first post here .
But I am a lawyer and there are 2 principles among others :
"Never establish a law that can't be enforced" and "Never establish a law without stating exceptions where the law goes against common sense ."

2 examples :

- When I was in Dulak I couldn't find a necro helm . So I shout "If somebody sees a necro helm , pst ."
Instead of getting an answer that this would be "ninja looting" , I got a tell "Found helm there and there and if you see BST hands , pst" . Indeed I found BST hands a bit later and sent a tell .
Checking rotting corpses in Dulak seems to be common practice . According to the rule I understand that I and the person who sent me the tell should be banned . Probably almost everybody in Dulak should be banned too .

- In BoT I found my both bracers on rotting copses . Somebody pulled the whole east wing and there were dozens and dozens of rotting corpses . A person came after me and was obviously checking them too . Here again I understand that both the person and me should be banned . It is current to see a shout "Chest so and so rotting there and there ." If somebody goes and loots it he should be banned because he didn't check whether the person shouting was the one who did the kill .

OK a rule is a rule so I will try to respect it . But I will clearly not report if I see anybody checking a pile of rotting corpses . Of couse everytime I see the person who did the kill , I ask if I can loot once the timer is over .
But if I may to make a suggestion , I would restrict the rule to the ninja looting of bosses .
Generalizing it to yard trash rotting around can't be enforced and people will keep checking it . In Dulak and BoT that's obviously common practice .

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 04:44:52 pm »

>See this thread is still going...

Blood of the Akkadian
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »

yeah... dead horse made a comeback...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 04:58:43 pm »

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 09:08:35 pm »

That horse is now a fine mist.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2010, 01:54:28 am »

You guys are crazy and have misunderstood me.  I do not take things that dont belong to me.

I know I have ruffled a lot of feathers and have even cost some friendships but I still think my point is valid.

Why do you kill things and not loot it?  Why would you kill a deer and not track its dying corpse and pull it out of the woods and mount it or eat it or whatever?  Why motherfuck me for cleaning up you mess?

If you do not want its loot please dont kill it.  Don't just kill it and let it rot because you can.  Of course you can, this is EZ server.  Do not hate the player hate the game.  If you kill something and the corpse is open and you let it get that way than you are wrong to say I cannot loot it.  I am hungry and can't always kill my own monsters.  

If you kill it and dont loot it apparently you are not as hungry as I.  Times are tough and food/loot/cash  is hard to come by.  If you kill something and leave that tenderloin on the ground than that is your fault.  If you walk way from it  than you have no right to tell me what I can and cant do to the corpse.  Please just loot it and destroy it for crying out loud.

Long live the necromancer.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:06:10 am by Boneman » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2010, 02:14:44 am »

I do have a right to tell you what to do with the corpses of mobs I kill.  It is spelled out in the rules.  Every time you post you seem to ignore the fact that the owner of this server says you cannot loot something you did not kill without permission.  Me leaving a corpse unlooted does not give you permission to loot it.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2010, 03:35:57 am »

Someone fraps this idiot ninja looting or make a ban bonerman vote. You have admitted this has cost you friendships yet you persist with your invalid points. Don't you realize that when the mass majority of the server disagrees with you that you may be wrong? What a douche bag.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2010, 03:47:00 am »

Doesn't matter if you agree with the rule, only that you follow them. Loot something without permission and you will be banned.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
curator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2010, 04:04:42 am »

I disagree with the rule, but follow it, against my undieing desires.  I would hardly call looting corpses that have been left alone for over 5 mins with no signs of people, ninja looting.  Ive seen it many times in LDON.  Bosses killed continuously for the tokens with pages rotting and people just go in and take the pages.  I don't mind it.  I would rather someone loot my corpses of things I don't want.  Wasn't too many corpses the reason for crashes in some zones?  I know the reason is to stop ninja looting, but it seems it is causing more problems.  Why not make the corpse unlootable for 10 mins by someone outside the group, and after that anyone can.  If someone leaves a corpse for 10 mins, I'd assume 99% of the time, the contents are unwanted by the killer.   
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 04:51:15 am »

Aside from the whole stealing someone else's stuff it breeds a mooch atmosphere. You find yourself killing mobs with 8 people around you waiting to loot your stuff. And no, they are not going to wait for you to bring your alt, or auction it off, or wait for guildy/friend. You would have people having to lock corpses to save it for someone else because hey, the new rule says 10 minutes and it is FFA. It would be adding too much depth to the rule. Right now, it is black and white, want it, kill it, want someone else's, ask them.

Moriah

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09:37 pm »

I also agree that something rotting is better looted then letting it rot, hence I /ooc LOTS of my rots if they are in public.

BUT, I understand and agree with the rule because it enforces simple respect.  You may not be able to kill stuff Boneman and you may be more hungry, then really what you should do is be more respectful and ask.  Nobody is saying you won't be able to loot rots anymore, you just need to ask.  And if you are REALLY so hungry, asking should be a minor inconvenience really, else I don't believe you are as hungry as you say you are and times aren't as tough as you make them out to be. 

Saying you disagree with the rules is fine, but while I in principle disagree with the rule, I understand it.  My question is when is the last time ANYONE on the server said "No, you can't loot my rots, let it rot!"  EVERYTIME you ask usually the answer is either "No, my alt/friend/whoever is coming" or "Go ahead!"

All the rest of us seem to understand that you simply just ask and there is no problem.  You seem to be caught up with saying you are too lazy or disrespectful to ask.  And nobody here on the forums ever said stuff rotting HAS to rot! Just ASK!
Deadshade

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2010, 12:34:32 pm »

2 examples :

Example one: You are guilty of receiving stolen property

To qualify that as "stealing" is clearly exagerated .
Are you really serious and do you think that getting a bracer on a corpse that has been lying for 15 minutes with nobody caring is "stealing"? I just checked again in Dulak . Have 3 names of people who were checking corpses . As I said - it is common practice . And it is common practice because everybody knows that nobody gets hurt by it . When I kill something , I have also no problem with people looting "my" mobs once the timer is over . I sincerely think nobody has . So unless it is forbidden , I would like to ask the rationale for there being no exceptions to the rule  and have a civilized discussion about it . Sofar nobody explained how somebody would get "hurt" by the examples I gave in Dulak and BoT .

Example two: How do you know that person actually did not get permission from the person that killed those mobs to loot?
Because I asked him . He told me that one should always check rotting corpses because some drops w
can take a very long time .

Fair enough . As I said I am a newbie and I have not invented this word . Apparently everybody knows what is trash in Dulak and BoT . People use this term . That's how I learned it . People seem to distinguish between "trash" and "nameds" and everybody seems to understand the difference .

And this goes to anybody, if you loot corpses long enough without verifying with the person that killed the mob, someday it will cost you. Not everybody will report you, but all it takes is one person having a bad day and the sight of someone sifting through their pile is all they needed to see to put them over the edge.

Well that's something that I have never seen yet . Generally people who kill a pile of mobs , check it and run away are clearly not interested . I have yet to see somebody sitting by a pile of corpses watching if somebody else would take  what is useless for him . But I agree what you say may happen .
Imagine that you go to Dulak and report every single person you see checking corpses without asking the killer ...
For me this is just a game , I use common sense , if I can ask the killer I do so , if he's not around and the timer is over I check the corpse if it is not a "named" .
If one day somebody blows a fuse over a group of pixels , ah well ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439