Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:20:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: PoA crashes  (Read 42354 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 10:25:50 am »

yeah, I know what ya mean..

RNG sux... it seems to never favor anyone haha!!!

I'll post 20 T4 soon... just to post.. looking more at the crashes.. which do seem to be a lot less do to the zoning in and out.. but /shrug

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 12:43:54 am »

Bump.  Fix this for the love of God.  This is a widespread issue among the veteran player base and nothing is being done.  It wastes so much time in lost stones and morale in seeing loot disappear before your eyes.  The problem is that after so many fights the zone starts to get sluggish and then just drops.  Take out he AE root and knockback effects.  They do absolutely nothing to make the encounter difficult.  They are a nuisance at best, and there is a high possibility that they lead to the zone instability.  Take it out to see what happens.  Nobody wants to make the fights easier, and ironically this will not change their difficulty at all.  Design content that the players can actually play and enjoy, as opposed to that which is buggy to the extent that they want to put their fist through the wall when they see 3 warlords in 1 day disappear due to zone crashes. 

Also....when a zone like HoH crashes, the zone remembers the static spawn that were up and where they were.  For example, if I clear half of the earth avatars and my instance crashes, I come back to half of the avatars left.  Apply this to the named mobs in Airplane.  Fix it so that they do not poof when the zone crashes.  Your player base will thank you 1000000000000x times over.  These two issues are creating an artificial cockblock against progression through t3/t4 that does not need to be there.  People want to play your game and enjoy the encounters without being kicked in the teeth. 
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 12:46:53 am »

These two issues are creating an artificial cockblock against progression through t3/t4 that does not need to be there.  People want to play your game and enjoy the encounters without being kicked in the teeth. 

I couldn't have said it better...

Between the knock backs and the Root with illusion AEs... I would like to see them gone for a day or two just to see if they are the culprits..

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 09:55:12 am »

yay a fresh zone...

and crashed again during kb/roots... yet another 64(MCP) wasted down the drain..

=/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:02:06 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 10:20:39 am »

I've seen other people able to do it with the kb/root without crashing the zone. I'm guessing its either your client and/or 3rd party programs. I might temp replace kb/root with a different damage spell later when I get time.

I am how ever considering reducing the stones by 1 color in the near future.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 10:59:14 am »

Thanks as always for the follow up =)

Sometimes it's no issues sometimes it's a crash fest with out without the 3rd party crap...

oh well

a stone reduction would help =P

Grin

-Hate"
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 11:31:37 am »

I've seen other people able to do it with the kb/root without crashing the zone. I'm guessing its either your client and/or 3rd party programs. I might temp replace kb/root with a different damage spell later when I get time.

What does this even mean?  Other people are able to do it without crashing the zone?  Of course...you can successfully complete fights without crashing the zone.  But the zone is going to eventually crash.  It. will. crash.   For me it is around the 5th or 6th in a row.  Then boom goes the zone.  Please figure out a way to leave the bosses up after a zone crash.  It will greatly reduce the anger and frustration that this problem (which affects every single person that does t3/t4/4.0) causes.   

Thank you for considering reducing the stone cost.  It would help alleviate some of the time wasted.  Also please consider making each mob have the same chance to spawn.  I have some data I'll post soon about t4, but the warlord is frustratingly scarce.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 11:49:20 am »

What does this even mean?  Other people are able to do it without crashing the zone?  Of course...you can successfully complete fights without crashing the zone.  But the zone is going to eventually crash.  It. will. crash.   For me it is around the 5th or 6th in a row.  Then boom goes the zone.  Please figure out a way to leave the bosses up after a zone crash.  It will greatly reduce the anger and frustration that this problem (which affects every single person that does t3/t4/4.0) causes.   

Thank you for considering reducing the stone cost.  It would help alleviate some of the time wasted.  Also please consider making each mob have the same chance to spawn.  I have some data I'll post soon about t4, but the warlord is frustratingly scarce.

That's not all true. I used to fight for hours and hours 20+ spawns in a row. I can't ever recall crashing the zone when it was just me or me and Shy. Not a single time - only when other players were in the zone did it seem prone to crashes to me. Which seems to indicate something about what they are running/doing.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 11:58:55 am »

Running: MQ2

Doing: Attacking and crashing.  I use 8 characters in t4. The Zone crashes every 5-7 named.

I don't doubt it, my guess is some plugin in mq2 probably has an impact on it, and also potentially things like spells you cast/use or what scripts you may be using in mq2.

Try fighting without mq2 just with vanilla eq loaded and see if you crash as often.
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 11:59:17 am »

Were these 20+ spawns prior to instancing?  Were you running MQ2?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 11:59:52 am »

That's not all true. I used to fight for hours and hours 20+ spawns in a row. I can't ever recall crashing the zone when it was just me or me and Shy. Not a single time - only when other players were in the zone did it seem prone to crashes to me. Which seems to indicate something about what they are running/doing.

So what you are saying is that you and shy played au natural and everyone who is playing now must be using a 3rd party program or something else that everyone else is universally doing that is causing the problem? I am not trying to attack you but to suggest that you and shy went up there from the git go and never used 3rd party programs is to suggest that everyone reading this is extremely naive. Sure you can go up there now and 2 box MCP now or whatever but you did not start out that way. When you first started going up there, the source of heals came from clerics and clerics alone. And it didn't come from one or 2.

Balthor2
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 12:00:26 pm »

Yea because a program I run on MY computer can crash the zone hosted on the SERVER.
Come on crab...
If I had a local client crash thats something I could go "oh shit MQ2 crashed my stuff"
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 12:24:26 pm »

Yea because a program I run on MY computer can crash the zone hosted on the SERVER.

That is an incredibly good point.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 12:35:26 pm »

What does this even mean?  Other people are able to do it without crashing the zone?  Of course...you can successfully complete fights without crashing the zone.  But the zone is going to eventually crash.  It. will. crash.   For me it is around the 5th or 6th in a row.  Then boom goes the zone.  Please figure out a way to leave the bosses up after a zone crash.  It will greatly reduce the anger and frustration that this problem (which affects every single person that does t3/t4/4.0) causes.  

Thank you for considering reducing the stone cost.  It would help alleviate some of the time wasted.  Also please consider making each mob have the same chance to spawn.  I have some data I'll post soon about t4, but the warlord is frustratingly scarce.

So what you are saying is that you and shy played au natural and everyone who is playing now must be using a 3rd party program or something else that everyone else is universally doing that is causing the problem? I am not trying to attack you but to suggest that you and shy went up there from the git go and never used 3rd party programs is to suggest that everyone reading this is extremely naive. Sure you can go up there now and 2 box MCP now or whatever but you did not start out that way. When you first started going up there, the source of heals came from clerics and clerics alone. And it didn't come from one or 2.

Jeez, everyone over react a bit. That wasn't what I was contending. However I think plugins that people run can absolutely crash zones - it was more than true on live and it's true here too. I think it has to do with the timing of how spells land/hit and the lag that is created with larger groups of people. MQ2 plugins were always capable of crashing zones - so testing without running mq2 at all is a great way of helping troubleshoot it is all. Hence my suggestion - could people read any deeper into that?

I fought both pre and post instancing Crawford - still no issues.

Oh and we did have a group test it that was crashing very often - and they crashed much less often without it. So it is certainly worth a try for you too.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:38:05 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2010, 01:06:10 pm »

What does this even mean?  Other people are able to do it without crashing the zone?  Of course...you can successfully complete fights without crashing the zone.  But the zone is going to eventually crash.  It. will. crash.   For me it is around the 5th or 6th in a row.  Then boom goes the zone.  Please figure out a way to leave the bosses up after a zone crash.  It will greatly reduce the anger and frustration that this problem (which affects every single person that does t3/t4/4.0) causes.  

Thank you for considering reducing the stone cost.  It would help alleviate some of the time wasted.  Also please consider making each mob have the same chance to spawn.  I have some data I'll post soon about t4, but the warlord is frustratingly scarce.

Jeez, everyone over react a bit. That wasn't what I was contending. However I think plugins that people run can absolutely crash zones - it was more than true on live and it's true here too. I think it has to do with the timing of how spells land/hit and the lag that is created with larger groups of people. MQ2 plugins were always capable of crashing zones - so testing without running mq2 at all is a great way of helping troubleshoot it is all. Hence my suggestion - could people read any deeper into that?

I fought both pre and post instancing Crawford - still no issues.

Oh and we did have a group test it that was crashing very often - and they crashed much less often without it. So it is certainly worth a try for you too.

I've done it with out any add ons no mq2 or isboxer and same happens

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678