Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:32:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Good Slim UI for Boxing?  (Read 24048 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 10:11:13 am »

Is there an advantage to using a 3rd party app like WinEQ over just opening multiple windows/instances and alt+tabbing between them?

None that i really noticed, i just preffer to use a windowing program like this. Of course i havent just opened multiple instances via launcher in a long time. Might be an advantage i dont remember about, thus making WinEQ better

shea851

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 11:51:27 pm »

I always found it easiest to use 1 PC / 2 characters.

Bavarian
Dharkrah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 12:29:18 am »

I started boxing by just opening multiple instances of the EQ client, it ran 2 fine, but when I brought a 3rd into it, everything got really choppy and unplayable.
I now use wineq2, it will run 3 instances fine, if i bring a 4th in, its playable, but a little choppy, I could probably fix this by adding more RAM, because the usage is up past 90% with 4 going.
The great thing about wineq2 is that you can customize the window names so when alt tabbing, you can actually see which window your bringing to the front.  Or leave the task bar up at the bottom of the screen and just click when feeling lazy Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 03:05:15 pm »

i just wish i could lock my windows in specific places. When i load up windows/ boxes it always appears in the top left corner of my screen. gotta drag it to center. Not a huge deal, just annoying.

Ninji

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:08:25 am »

I saw this ad for a program called ISBOXER that looked interesting.

Never tried multiboxing, but this made it look easy.

I think I saw it on the eqemu site or try a search for it on Google.

I use ISBoxer, and it makes wineq look like garbage, ISBoxer is amazing.
Gallus85

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 04:01:34 am »

I just downloaded ISBoxer at your recommendation Ninji.  I have to say it's one of the most impressive programs i've ever seen as far as macros/multiboxing goes.

It's got so many options too, and I love the multi-window layout.  I can't wait to get it tweaked just right.

Also, Ninji, I could use some help getting my set up just right, please let me know if you can lend a hand.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:54:57 am by Gallus85 » Logged
Kuniko

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 04:26:31 am »

ISBoxer cost money?

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>
- Bits <NECRO>
- Kunimonk <MNK>
- Swisha <DRU>
- Bearz <SHM>
- Kunifrog <ROG>
- Cchong <RNG>
- Gaam <RNG>
Gallus85

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:43 am »

Ya it's a subscription, without it, it deactivates when you try to use it.

It's 10 bucks for 90 days, or 35 bucks for a year.  Also has a 7 day trial, and if you buy, 14 day refund policy.  So if you're hard on cash you could try those first.

I'm liking it, worth it imo.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:11:13 am by Gallus85 » Logged
Dontee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 11:01:00 am »

IsBoxer lets you send keystrokes to your "boxes" from your main toon. With a little work you dont have to switch screens at all to control your "team". Well worth the money in my opinion if you are going to box.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 01:41:35 pm »

IsBoxer lets you send keystrokes to your "boxes" from your main toon. With a little work you dont have to switch screens at all to control your "team". Well worth the money in my opinion if you are going to box.

You can do the same with MQ2, yet those functions of MQ2 are "against the rules".  How is ISboxer different?

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:05 am »

You can do the same with MQ2, yet those functions of MQ2 are "against the rules".  How is ISboxer different?

That's a mighty fine question.
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »

Ya it's a subscription, without it, it deactivates when you try to use it.

It's 10 bucks for 90 days, or 35 bucks for a year.  Also has a 7 day trial, and if you buy, 14 day refund policy.  So if you're hard on cash you could try those first.

I'm liking it, worth it imo.

The 100% main reason I play emu is to avoid the cost of a subscription. It doesn't matter what the 3rd party program does, even if it gave courtesy reach arounds, if it costs money then it's not worth it imo.  Cheesy

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:36 pm »

Any chance on an official ruleing of this? I see it happening a lot, not ratting anyone out, just wanna know if it's allowed or not.
That's a mighty fine question.
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 09:44:14 am »

My main boxing problem is changing resolutions every time I launch my instances. I 6 box on two monitors. My pc seems to have plenty of resources to spare and I don't even have eqplaynice, etc. Do any of these programs let you save the resolution you want for each instance of the client or is there a way to launch eq with a parameter for resolution?

I have 3 characters on each monitor, one larger resolution window on top and two across bottom of the screen. They mostly overlap but I can still see the target and casting windows for every character at all times.

Monitor 1 (1920x1200):
1680x1050 puller, centered so I can see the sides of the other windows
1024x768 tank
800x600 healer

Monitor 2 (1280x1024):
1280x720 enchanter
800x600 dps
800x600 dps
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 09:54:49 am »

If you are using SoD eqplaynice is not so nice, imo. I was able to play more without eqplaynice than with. Eqplaynice is part of isboxer. To do what you are wanting to do without any of that stuff you would need to have multiple copies of everquest. I have several copies of eq on my pc and load each one according to what I want. Having multiple copies will allow you to set lower graphics on some, hell I even have a stripped down global file for some of my clients because I hardly play them and it allows me to have more graphics on the clients I do play. It all depends on how much hard drive space you have. I can get isboxer or even just wineq and disable eqplaynice and probably get it to do some of that with the same copy. I don't know how to do that though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)