Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:53:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: All in favor for old exp  (Read 31292 times)
Khaoticz

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:43:23 pm »

Anyone who wants the old exp back say so here for a petition, old roa ranked players had the advantage so why can't we have the same as them
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:47:02 pm »

I'm Trogdorr Failinator and i support this message.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:58:34 pm »

Going from level 1 to 3 in 1 even con kill was kinda funny.

Even worse was out leveling a zone before getting full suit of armor from that zone.

RoA will be more bragging rights now, something of value.

Just enjoy playing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »

The only full suits of armor worth getting are at level 70... and damned if I outlevel any lvl 70 zone.

UC was for bragging rights, and those got tossed around like Skittles to all the veterans of the server anyways.

For something REQUIRED to do end-game content, I think making it harder is just expanding the exclusivity of T5 to veteran players.

No fair.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:08 pm »

well the thing with requiring item X for content is a natural step in tier establishment.
Making all content require the same thing to do it is essentially making all content the same tier. What separates the casual players and the hardcore/ veterans/ server loyalists is how much you invest yourself in the server. Tier 1 consists of having a group (not even raid) of tacvi geared toons with epic 3.0s. T2 same thing, with T1 gear. T3 and T4 are same.
T5 is the only tier thus far that requires more than just fighting the RNG for gear and such. It requires a little time investment in charms (more than a few levels), RoA, maybe scepter X.
Without something to always work towards, even if slowly, people will quit.
Top end players with everything will quit, every time.
So this may seem like a slam to new players, but really its just Hunter adjusting what has been wrong for quite some time. This same kinda argument arose when LDoN points were removed for killing mobs in LDoN. Everyone saw it as a slam to new players, and saying how unfair it was for veteran players to have reaped the benefits of it for so long. Content changes and adjustments take time, so someone will always find out just to late to benefit from it, and some will always have used it for massive personal gains.

Even I am kicking myself for so many things I should have taken advantage of long ago. Now Im chilling in T2 with an army of toons needing stuff still.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:34:15 pm »

Yup.
Been playin here since August, so I had plenty of time to get one or two RoA done. I kick myself now for not doing it, but in no way do I blame anyone but myself for constantly putting it off.

Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 06:00:03 am »

Some ppl have done roa 100 in a week, some ppl don't have Druid,sham, maybe bard for fast roaing, all I'm saying is the exp rate shouldbethe same since to even get  lvl 70 takes about 5 times longer not to mention AA, clear disadvantage to us considering those ppl got theirs quickly when 1 week may turn to 10 weeks for some of us that actually go to school and have a job besides this server all day
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 07:54:44 am »

You should quit EQ before you get fired from work or fail out of school.

Grats to everyone that took advantage of fast exp. Some players probably had to quit already due to nothing left to achieve, until T5 came out.

The challenge is fun, and phat loots are bragging rights. If you don't have enough gear to survive a tier, then invite more players into your group or raid. It's a great opportunity to meet new and exciting people and talk about world events! If you want a single player then try some of the Final Fantasy games. FF VII was my favorite.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 08:20:24 am »

If you want a single player then try some of the Final Fantasy games. FF VII was my favorite.

Enjoy!

I have to agree on this point ( as far as FF games goes that is). Or FF10 and Tactics. Tactics Ogre is good as well.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 08:36:39 am »

final fantasy tactics was by far the best one.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 10:11:11 am »

Get the robot! Get the "mysterious warrior" from the future!

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 10:42:25 am »

You should quit EQ before you get fired from work or fail out of school.

Grats to everyone that took advantage of fast exp.

If you want a single player then try some of the Final Fantasy games. FF VII was my favorite.

Enjoy!

Wow, little harsh? You can't expect to advertise this server as 4x exp, and suddenly change it without a word spoken to the people who play here and not get some kind of reaction.

I understand you don't feel like you have to answer to anyone, and in fact you don't.  Just cause you call a thornbush a lovemuffin doesn't mean it won't hurt when you are forced to use it in place of normal tissue.  Can tell me I'm wrong all day long, but that just sounds like a nice big (but polite) FU.
pade

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 01:19:10 pm »

Hunter says

"If you want a single player then try some of the Final Fantasy games. FF VII was my favorite. "

This is actaully a great quote.  Now if the zones could handle a lot of players, it would make sense.  However, when you try to bring more than 6-10 into the zones where you actually need it (t3/t4/t5) the zone takes a crap and you not only lose the time it takes to gather your friends, but also the time it took to farm the stuff needed to spawn the bosses.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »

The zones crash cause of the MQ2 plugins you guys are using, and possible other programs. I've seen raids that never crash cause the people don't use MQ2 or use only map/stick and have no other plugins loaded.

By this point, its obviously not the NPC AoE spells, and its not the number of players, that crashes the zones. Of course the more people in the zone, then the more chance that someone is using a MQ2 plugin that crashes the zone.

You guys are trying to automate everything, healing, targetting, attacking, looting, combining, and those things are what is crashing the zone.

FYI I haven't advertised 4x exp in a while. That was about 3 1/2 years ago when we had no content, so the fast exp and 1.0 epic vendor was the coolest thing ever. Now we have more content, and over powered gear, so the exp rate is now 'fixed'.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
pade

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:48 pm »

But it's only certian zones that these MQ2 plugins crash?  I've never crashed Plane of Dragons and have spent many hours there 4-5-6 boxing.   If I go up to PoAir with the exact same setup, the same characters, the same MQ - the zone will crash, repeatedly, I just don't see the correlation...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246