Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:01:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server now supports SoD Client!  (Read 102981 times)
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »

Copy UI works perfectly as long as you aren't copying it from a old UI file or something (like if you copied them over from Titanium).  Just setup your UI perfectly on 1 of your characters and log them out with /camp.  Then, log in one of your other characters and use the Copy UI feature to copy the one you just setup on your other character to the character you are currently logged in with.  I have used it dozens of times with multiple UIs and it works great.

I don't think memory usage can be counted as a bug.  Maybe a slight downside, but depending on the settings you use, it can be fairly low or fairly high.  But, it does seem to work well when boxing more than 1 account at a time.  I would have to test it, but I wouldn't be surprised if my system could handle the same number of SoD clients as it could Titanium.

The friends list thing is definitely a bug, and I will add that to the list of things to work on for SoD development.  I hadn't tried it on SoD yet, and this is the first report of it.  Derision can probably get that working pretty easily.

For a list of what is still needing to be corrected, check here:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30909

Also, bug stuff can be found here too:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=185773#post185773

Keep in mind that this client is still very new.  Most of the important stuff is fully functional, but we are still finishing off the random issues here and there.  Updates are coming in every day to get everything worked out.  You can find the changelog (auto updates to most current) here:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/changelog.txt

Depending on when EZ is updated, you guys may still see some bugs that are already fixed on the SVN that just haven't been added to EZ yet.

Hopefully we will have most of the remaining smaller issues resolved pretty soon.  But even as it is now, it is still better than SoF and IMO it is better than Titanium in most ways.  The more people that play the SoD client and report issues that haven't been reported in the SoD bug thread on the EQEmu forums, the faster we will be able to verify the bugs and fix them to make SoD more amazing Smiley
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:20:53 pm by Trevius » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 05:17:33 pm »

The friends list thing is definitely a bug, and I will add that to the list of things to work on for SoD development.  I hadn't tried it on SoD yet, and this is the first report of it.  Derision can probably get that working pretty easily.

The friends list became a server-sided operation around this time because friends list used to be exported from a local file on the computer. So if someone used another client or another computer elsewhere, they're friends list did not show up. Likely this is going to require database entries for each individual character/account.

Regardless, the client is phenominal in so many ways that I encourage anyone to get a hold of a copy. CPU throttling for boxing as well as core fixxes are a reason alone. You can also use the /copy feature to copy another characters UI settings on your current toon. It doesn't matter if it's JoeBlowEZ or JoeBlowBOTA, it will copy those UI settings from different server settings almost instantly, and saves you a ton of hassle. SoF UI system was bugged on the solid box set release and download (they're the same) and patched shortly afterwards. This has the fixes in place.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:28:42 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 05:31:08 pm »

Yeah, actually, I think the friends and ignore list was added to the Universal Chat Server in the SoF client.  I think the issue is that we aren't connecting to the Universal Chat Server on SoD properly yet.  Once the UCS is working, I bet the friends and ignore lists will work as well.  It may just be that the opcodes changed or something.  I will mention it to Derision when I talk with him next to see what he thinks, since the UCS is his baby Smiley
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 05:42:39 pm »

Yeah, actually, I think the friends and ignore list was added to the Universal Chat Server in the SoF client.  I think the issue is that we aren't connecting to the Universal Chat Server on SoD properly yet.  Once the UCS is working, I bet the friends and ignore lists will work as well.  It may just be that the opcodes changed or something.  I will mention it to Derision when I talk with him next to see what he thinks, since the UCS is his baby Smiley

Aye, I'm sure it won't take long.

EZ Server GM
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 05:56:14 pm »

Yes Friends/Ignore is a Universal Chat thing with SoF (and i assume SoD as well). You can tell because anytime you do "/ignore Hiimarandomnamelolz" It'll respond with a UCS message (usually saying it can't connect. =/)

/afk does the same thing but it works fine so *shrug*

Blood of the Akkadian
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »

I set the UI up from scratch and attempted to copy it via the Options Menu and it's failing for me. Didn't copy any INI files from anywhere else.
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 09:01:39 pm »

I set the UI up from scratch and attempted to copy it via the Options Menu and it's failing for me. Didn't copy any INI files from anywhere else.

If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, it may just be that you don't have permissions to copy/edit files in your Everquest folder.  You may need to change permissions on the folder, or lower UAC if so.  The copy function definitely works, as I have copied the default UI as well as multiple custom UIs just fine so far without a single issue.  Also make sure you are using it correctly.  You want to be copying from a character that has the UI setup the way you want to a character you want to have that same setup on, not the other way around.
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22:21 pm »

I've got my first character working with SoD, but I have 3 login server accounts under my 1 email.  How do I set the other 2 characters up as well?
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 03:48:13 pm »

You should be able to just log into PEQ or SH and use #setlsinfo for each account you want to use on SoD.  I think using the same email should work just fine.  It just doesn't tie them all together as only the Official EQEmu LS knows which ones go to which forum account and such.
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 04:06:43 pm »

I only have 1 EQ Emu account, with 3 login server accounts under it.  They are all tied to the same email address and password.

I can get my first account working, but none of the others will logon.

What should I do? Go do #setlsinfo 3 times with the exact same info?
I've tried with #setlsinfo account password.  That didnt work.
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »

So was trying the copy UI feature again today and get the same error:

INI file does not exist.

Which is odd because it appears in the list just fine and can see the INI file in my eq directory.
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:27 pm »

Did you try disabling UAC, or checking the folder properties and making sure it isn't read only or something?  You are running SoD you got from a Torrent?  If so, it is probably related to the Torrent download specifically in one way or another.  Most likely you can resolve it by setting permissions or folder properties or something, but I really can't support Torrent related issues, since there is no way to tell what may or may not be causing issues due to it not being a normal install from Steam.
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 06:52:02 pm »

Trevius what directory are you running SoD from? This is from an XP machine I'm getting the error. Same permissions as other folders in Program Files.
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:05 am »

Can people seed or can some one make a direct download for me plz? Its at 44% going at 0.1 kbs.( not kidding.) So plz can some one seed. I am wanting a direct download. It will go faster.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2010, 10:27:35 am »

I only have 1 EQ Emu account, with 3 login server accounts under it.  They are all tied to the same email address and password.

I can get my first account working, but none of the others will logon.

What should I do? Go do #setlsinfo 3 times with the exact same info?
I've tried with #setlsinfo account password.  That didnt work.

1. start Titanium or SoF client
2. Log in to Grand Creation (eqemu login server)
3. do the #setlsinfo email password
4. quit
*** do the same for all accounts, log with them like you would on EZ... same info is fine.. worked for me.

5. start SoD client
6. Log In to ez (new SoD login server)
7. Play

thats it...
login is the same for both client... the user you always used

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)