Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:18:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 93890 times)
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2013, 10:52:31 am »

One way to perhaps alleviate concern over people spamming instances to kill the earring mob (if that's even possible without clearing other level bosses?), could be to just make the boss spawn 4-6 hours after an instance is created.

Main: Bubbin
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

please allow instances! Sad even if theyre super expensive, id at least give people more of a reason to buy a free waypoint if anything
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »

Make it so only guild instances can be created in there and then make it so people can't delete their instance. I realize there are some who have multiple guilds they can use, hell I have 4 extra ones myself, but that is a hell of a lot less than people spamming 20, 30, 40, 50+ a day to farm something. Lack of any kind of instance will result in just a few people getting the spawns. I think it would also result in a lot of griefing.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »

That is not necessary, there is 600 mobs with a 30 min respawn. Who will need to spam instances?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

Same reason the spam some other instances. To kill bosses over and over.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »

a chunk of boss's spawn from trash; may not want to skip those  Tongue
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »

Hunter also mentioned that there will be traditional 'camps' like in old world dungeons. Spamming instances will net these bosses much faster.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:20 pm »

I just slept for like 12 hrs lol, after working all day 2 days in a row on this. I'm even dreaming of ToFS content now, where to set spawns, etc.

Certain bosses (not every floor, but some) with either spawn or have a place holder. Basically a spawn group might have 70% chance for PH and 30% chance for boss, and will spawn 1 of the 2 based on chance. So spamming instances would defeat that part. Sometimes the boss has same name as the trash so wouldn't know until killed it.

Might consider super expensive instance for players that really really want to get away from the public, minimum 1 million plat, maybe more. Try spamming instances then! lol.

Might make Free Waypoints allowed too since those supporting the server would deserve it. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure that players are spawning Free Waypoints for other people to hail and use. This is not intended, and I would need to make those Free Waypoint pets only respond to their owners, just like other types of pets when getting buffs, etc.

Good idea about making the final boss only spawn within X hours after zone is up. This would also discourage making instance since it could take 6 hrs to see a final boss.

Would control how often bosses spawned based on how many ranks for the earring, and how much material is required per rank. Basically nobody is going to get a max rank in a week or month, even if they kill every spawn.

Thanks for the feed back, good info.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 11:43:58 pm »

Oh yeah, regarding exp pots: I'd rather not have even more exp pots clogging up my bank space. But maybe I'm in the minority here. Rather keep the drops (and looting) very simple: no coin, just plat bags and v1/v2s. Maybe bosses here can have a chance at essence too, based on what level they spawn? I don't know.

As far as CoTH goes, I can see why it's a concern: one goon gets the key and--voila--the whole raid is on to the next level. The argument that supporting the server should provide benefits doesn't float as much here either, what with christmas creds. Personally, I'd rather have the difficulty of the mobs/bosses be the limiting factor for progression vs. waiting to get a key on every goon (and tabbing through to click, waaaah!).

I'm excited to read all the updates you're putting out about the zone! Any sort of tentative ETA on it?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2013, 11:54:12 pm »

A few days maybe

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2013, 05:12:10 am »

Already made over 20 new npc spells for ToFS for mobs on each level.

No spell file available yet.

Mez, Roots, and Charms will be shorter duration and shorter range than other custom zones. None will cast fear.

Haven't made the earring quest yet, just trying to polish up the mobs with custom npc spells and scripted events first.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2013, 08:56:04 am »

Might make Free Waypoints allowed too since those supporting the server would deserve it. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure that players are spawning Free Waypoints for other people to hail and use. This is not intended, and I would need to make those Free Waypoint pets only respond to their owners, just like other types of pets when getting buffs, etc.

Just wanted to add in that, Free Waypoints indeed do work for others to hail. Although would removing that effect the group or alts from entering using a regular waypoint? And the option and luxury of using them for guildies to would be diminished.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:26 am »

yeah, he is looking for ways to make sure Guildmates can enter a zone that is "created" via FWP. Brokyn's idea on the waypoint page is a great one. Hunter isn't going to Screw us like that, he is just looking for alternatives.

Would it be possible to make it so only the owner can Create Instance, and then so that the instance is created without the owner zoning in?  That way my whole raid can /say enter guild instance on my waypoint, but nobody else can make an instance.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2013, 04:40:07 am »

I haven't forgotten about Waypoints. If nobody else helps, then I'll just comb through it and re-write it myself to be as intended, with features like not instantly zoning you, instead giving you the option to wait and/or port your group in, etc.

ToFS is mostly done now. All the trash/bosses and their spawns/stats/spells/loots/scripts are all done.

For now I put an Essence of Tower of Frozen Shadow on the final boss which will probably be used in the earring quest.

Most trash have chance to drop charms v1 and v2, which obviously will be better chances on higher floors.

Need to check AA per hour rates too.

Will probably release the first week non-instance, since I'm afraid if I make instances, we're going to have old school LDoN trains in private instances. If I make instances, then everything will be leashed, and instances will be in the millions. And there is the minor issue of spamming instances to see if a named or boss pops up. There are over 600 spawns already in the zone.

So to sum it up, last on the to-do list are Earring Quest, AA Rates, and Waypoints. Everything else is done.

Spell file is now available (02-26-13).

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2013, 04:19:24 am »

ToFS should be open shortly after reboot and I take off the status required flag.

New spell file 02-27-13 now available.

Its about 99% complete. Might add more random loots later, but right now its mainly for charm upgrades, and final boss rewards.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061