Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:06:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 89314 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2013, 06:26:17 am »

ToFS is open!

These links should help.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/velious/tofs/tofs.htm

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/towerfrozenshadow.html

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=117

Anyone else is welcome to post guides.

ToFS is mostly like live except has more spawns now, mobs are harder, and some additional loots such as charm upgrades. Some bosses made more rare since you only have to get a key 1x then keep it forever, and its not like you have to do corpse recovery when you die.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:22 am »

Awesome. Now I'm going to be thinking about this all day at work.  Cry

Main: Bubbin
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:36 am »

Hunter please add to the server files the ToFS zone files cant enter it always crushed and error !!! or any other can giv me an direct download link !!!

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:56 am »

ToFS is open!

Rofl with every mob camped on 1st  floor for last few hours is ... kinda .. well

shrug

lol no instances..chaining ones leg down to attempt to slow progress or make it look hard this isn't fun   Undecided
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:32:20 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:12 am »

Same here. Get en error from the ToFS file. Can anyone provide a working copy of the zone file?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:55 am »

Excited to try ToFS, but pointless to without instances right now. Asspacked, nothing up, ever....and I think it will be that way for at least a couple weeks. May just have to wait til shit calms down. I dont feel like adding to the mix or letting myself be drawn into the drama.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:23 pm »

lol and its only a little over noon on a wednesday, just wait until prime time this weekend Smiley
jstraw101
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2013, 02:32:59 pm »

Funny, people talk about being EQ purists and the uber grind.... yet they complain about not having an instance.

If I recall, 1999 (piss poor implementation) EQ did not have instances either.   People had to fight for boss spawns.

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

King Nothing
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2013, 02:44:12 pm »

There is a major difference between being willing to do the grinding to do a long quest, and the desire and willingness to race for content.  One of the things that makes EZ so great is the custom content that we can all experience without concern for what the other guy is doing.  If you are willing to put in the time and work for it, you can attain the brass ring.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2013, 03:40:58 pm »

I haven't seen anyone talking about being an 'eqpurist'. I see people talking about being an 'ezpurist', (ez = extended zones). Instances are part of ez culture. Eqpurist is more like a p99 thing. An Eqpurist wouldn't last on ez.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2013, 04:37:59 pm »

No Instances is going to create another empty zone/dominated by few. People want to accomplish their goals not compete for them.

I see how you are looking at this and your idea is a great/exciting one (community event), just not for this zone.

Let's try to remember this is for charms. I don't remember where Fugitive posted it, but he said something along the lines of:
   "Why so much focus on an outdated item with outdated stats when so many newer/better items have been introduced"

Sorry for the butchered misquote Fugitive

The members with load of UC's should be able to go to floor 6 and knock out a new UC in 1-2 days; it's trivial to them.

ToFS is open!

Rofl with every mob camped on 1st  floor for last few hours is ... kinda .. well

shrug

lol no instances..chaining ones leg down to attempt to slow progress or make it look hard this isn't fun   Undecided
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »

I would like to add that I am not bashing your idea Hunter, I just don't want to see your effort put into making zone's that will mostly be empty
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 04:49:32 pm »

Am SO excited about this zone!!!  I will just have to wait to go in to see it after some of the hype and all had died down or instances are implemented.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2013, 04:56:17 pm »

ToFS is open!

Rofl with every mob camped on 1st  floor for last few hours is ... kinda .. well

shrug

I saw someone get first key in a few minutes, RNG hates you!

Besides, instances are open now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »

As thanks I present you with a Constable doing a jig.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)