Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 02:18:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 89132 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2013, 09:37:43 am »

What I have found to be true in ToFS...

Non UC full T6 toons struggle on Floor 3, are a total hindrance on 4 and insta dead on 5.  So, if the goal was to create a viable and challenging alternative to farming UCs for alts there is still a need for some tweaks.

IMO ToFS is a heck of a challenge and may not have been the best bet for this "alternative" farming zone.  The biggest draw back being the combination of no CoTH and no safe spot to park the Alts. 

1. Because the zone demands that each toon have a key to move floors you can't allow CoTH. 

2. You can't park them and call them to loot when a charm does drop and if you drag them along you spend time ressing when they get blasted by spells they can't resist. 

3. If they are casters (normal) they are fairly useless as mana drain spells and or traps suck them dry and they don't regen the mana fast enough to be useful.

V2's start dropping with some regularity just about the time the non-UC toons start dying often.  It's doable, but MAN.. what a PITA.  About as much fun as hailing the nexus buff bot and getting blasted.

I'm not looking for easy mode here and do enjoy the challenge, but the risk vs reward in both ToFS and T7 has some disparity issues.  I am not having fun in either place anymore.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2013, 11:29:49 am »

Haha, I completely agree that there is a competing interest in having stuff drop for a UC off of mobs which are scaled to pretty much need a UC to survive, but that's kind of inherent to the whole thing. Level 4 is especially tedious finding where your gimp last died and then getting him to the loot, but I'm not sure it's meant to be "easy". Right now the other option is clearing HoH and getting about 2-5 per clear.

A long time ago, I remember TOFS being planned as a zone for higher-end characters/groups to get a change of scenery farming their 6th+ UC, but that narrative was swapped out for one in which it would be for everyone, with each floor corresponding to a tier. I don't think I could give an accurate assessment of where either of those interests are at the moment, but from what I've seen it's probably more of the former and less of the latter.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2013, 11:48:36 am »

As I recall Hunter wanted this to be an alternative for higher tier players for UC farming....NOT an alternative for a group in below T1 gear.

That being said, with a T2 group lvl 1 is VERY doable, and a decent alternative to LDON for v1 charms. Level 2 is very much doable with a group in 3.5/T3 armor. Level 3 gets a little trickier...but I've done it with 2 T5 players (4.5 epics) and see plenty of players in T4/4.0 gear doing just fine. Mobs die fast, and with some resist stones farmed from lower levels the rains are survivable. The key is to pull slowly. Use old EQ tactics with split pulling. Contrary to what some players may tell you L3 CAN be split pulled with a monk, SK, necro, rogue with FD clicky. You just need to remember old EQ pull tactics from live....or hit some old EQ websites to learn how.

As to the enraged on L3 for the key....the mob dies quite fast if you are the one to spawn it and you dont give it time to SW. If it gets its stonewall up, it can take half an hour or better to kill it. Enraged that I pop myself die in a minute or 2. If its one someone else has left standing....well, pack a lunch.

BTW....I've killed Cara with 6 T5/4.5 boxes on 4. Four of my team now keyed to 5. Thanks to the fatass warrior who will remain nameless for his assistance on the first key Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:31 pm »

I have two suggestions for ToFS:  first, is it possible to make the resist Augsburg tradeable?  It would be much more convenient to do all my combines from my main screen.  Also could the keys be made to have a succor/teleport that would put the toon at the appropriate level from the start without having to run from level 1 Evert time?  That ice pit in the beginning is annoying to maneuver 12 rooms through
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2013, 02:25:11 pm »

You could use levitate to avoid the slippery floor on floor 1.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2013, 03:07:35 pm »

I do enjoy the having to key each toon and the no COH in the zone. That part is fun dragging the toons around with me and have to account for each box. The part I am not enjoying is the total slaughter on floor 3.

Non UC full T6 toons struggle on Floor 3, are a total hindrance on 4 and insta dead on 5.  So, if the goal was to create a viable and challenging alternative to farming UCs for alts there is still a need for some tweaks.

3. If they are casters (normal) they are fairly useless as mana drain spells and or traps suck them dry and they don't regen the mana fast enough to be useful.

V2's start dropping with some regularity just about the time the non-UC toons start dying often.  It's doable, but MAN.. what a PITA.  About as much fun as hailing the nexus buff bot and getting blasted.

I'm not looking for easy mode here and do enjoy the challenge, but the risk vs reward in both ToFS and T7 has some disparity issues.  I am not having fun in either place anymore.

Totally agree with you except I haven't had the joy of getting out of T5 yet so the T7 part is foreign to me. If I were to change anything up to floor 3, it would be taking the mana drains off until floor 4. I like knowing that if I pull more than 3 I will get owned and have to use pull tactics. I can't stand knowing I have no mana to heal and having to hope my pally can keep everyone else up.

Yes I haven't made it past floor 3 however I think you should be able to nibble at the carrot to get yourself prepared for the next challenge. Baby steps.. introduce different spells / abilities on different levels which would work with the drop rate in place instead of throwing the kitchen sink.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »

Some of the classes that get Levitate got a group version. Revisit the 1-69 npc to get all your 1-69 spells again.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:32 pm »

An enraged shadow beast needs a fix. It's not bad if you get it to pop but if you walk up on it already popped... well there is a lot of time to get things down around the house while it heals itself over and over.

Keeze
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2013, 11:44:17 pm »

Some of the classes that get Levitate got a group version. Revisit the 1-69 npc to get all your 1-69 spells again.

-Hate

I checked both Intel and Wis vendors in SFG... nada.  What spells should I be looking for?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2013, 12:11:31 am »

1-69 spells are trained by the Trainer ... not bought from the spells vendor.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28:06 am »

The difference between floor 2 and 3 is so steep atm. Please look at the dmg mobs on floor 2 put out compared to floor 3. Pulling 10 on floor 2 isn't even close to being equal to pulling 2 on floor 3. Def. needs a small tweak please !

Keeze
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2013, 08:57:56 am »

1-69 spells are trained by the Trainer ... not bought from the spells vendor.

I need to learn to read.  Thank you!
Peign
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2013, 09:54:12 am »

An enraged shadow beast needs a fix. It's not bad if you get it to pop but if you walk up on it already popped... well there is a lot of time to get things down around the house while it heals itself over and over.

The SW duration on this mob is way too long.     I've engaged him when he was up and the fight takes forever.     It is not necessarily challenging, more of an annoyance and a wicked timesink.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2013, 11:22:04 am »

Thumbs up for Heroic resistance stones stacking!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:57:22 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2013, 04:15:20 pm »

The SW duration on this mob is way too long.     I've engaged him when he was up and the fight takes forever.     It is not necessarily challenging, more of an annoyance and a wicked timesink.

I reduced the Stonewall from 30,45,60 minutes for ranks I,II,III to 5,15,25 minutes effective after next reboot.

Will look into why the bosses are healing too much. There are 2 HP events that they cast a heal but should only happen twice. If I put heals in the list of spells they are using then maybe I can put a bigger recast delay on it, or maybe a cast time so that players can stun the mob from healing to make it interesting.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678