Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:31:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapon  (Read 43032 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 04:01:09 am »

Sort of like White (v2)?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 04:12:27 am »

Sort of like White (v2)?

More like a Rainbow! ,... but ya definitely need something for that zone

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 04:47:36 am »

Just like mega lotto stuff, the reward would be so high that people would try.

A lotto (where you do very little for the possibilty of a high end reward) and a 12 month plus grind are not really the same thing. 

The only thing you have currently that is even remotely similar to this item is the Scepter of Time. 

And:
There are 0 completed scepters (by normal means).

And this is for an item that is more than 12 months old now and, at the time, was fairly game-breaking in terms of the amount of hps on it.

And the UW is going to be easily 10 or 20 times harder than the Scepter to get.

Hmmm.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 04:54:29 am »

Sort of like White (v2)?
+1

That would be Awesome Cheesy

viculus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 06:56:35 am »

I appreciate the time and effort Hunter and Hate put into this server.  I am all for putting in some hardcore items for the hardest of the hardcore.  That being said, I would like to also see more mid difficulty items implemented say half as tough as a UC or something for maybe an ear or neck slot.  This would also make it possibly more fun and exciting for the mid range folks who still can remain casual and see a great item or two out of it.  Nothing crazy game breaking but perhaps something that makes progressing a little easier on those that can't/don't want to 12box a group to progress.  It could be something for the t3-4 range as I've found that can be a big obstacle now with the recent changes and up to that point most of it is easily doable by one group or a 4.0+ necro.

We already have the XL shield, Scepter, and possibly this UW who are for the top elite of the server (arguably UC as well but it's mostly just time consuming and not too gear intensive for folks to achieve).

P.S.  Thanks for listening to the tiki crystals becoming stackable Hunter +100
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 10:49:05 am »

Any ETA on adding essences to the EZ Rewards NPC?

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2940.msg38230
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:19 am »

Any ETA on adding essences to the EZ Rewards NPC?

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2940.msg38230

Probably this weekend, and probably 5 credits each.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 12:46:37 pm »

Could also make the particle effects embarrassing enough that no one would want to have it equipped publicly and name it The Faerie Sword of the Pretty Pony Princess.

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »

How about pet classes can give a copy to their pets? Imagine a pet with 3-5 million HP and 500k+ dps.

instead of giving pet classes a copy of it why not make it if they do finish the quest their pet weapons from Casters guild get updated to the UW fort hem would be like Fireblade Vfinal or something lol that why they can always give them to pets?
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:03 pm »

How about pet classes can give a copy to their pets? Imagine a pet with 3-5 million HP and 500k+ dps.

instead of giving pet classes a copy of it why not make it if they do finish the quest their pet weapons from Casters guild get updated to the UW fort hem would be like Fireblade Vfinal or something lol that why they can always give them to pets?

I could see the benifit both ways. With the ability of casters to give a "copy" to there pet as Hunter stated, it would still allow the caster to have the original for himself for the stat bonus.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 06:09:56 pm »

Just like mega lotto stuff, the reward would be so high that people would try.

Def a game breaking item and I couldn't imagine more than 1 tank per large high end guild to have one.

Back to work for me, ttyl.

This item clearly needs to be ALL/ALL.

Reason being? What would piss off the other players more than a wizard with a sword adding ~250k hp, +999% spell damage, +999% healing, and 9999dmg melee proc?

Nothing I tell you, n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 06:50:16 pm »

Don't you have to finish T5.. before making empty threats?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:38 pm »

Hey...you...like....

*sob quietly*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »

Hey...you...like....

*sob quietly*

-Hate

/DUEL!!!
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:37 am »

My suggestion is to make an exceptional item less available and not through grinding, but by rareness.   
Here is how it works:

Using the existing zones and starting with just one, modify the named NPC(s) to drop a rare item of legendary status.  Of course the content must be strengthened to match the quality of the drop, so players should expect a very difficult encounter.

Once complete, the zone would go live for a couple of days and then programmatically set back to the original content during the normally reboot.  The zone wouldn’t be announced nor the timing.  It would be up to the players to find the “Hot Zone” and make the most of it.  I would also suggest that instancing not be allowed.  There shouldn’t be any need for instances as each named in the zone would be more than enough to satisfy several groups or raids.  Think of EQ camps like in Seb or Guk where a group would occupy a camp working on one or two named.

The controlling mechanism for switching on and off content would be automated to remove the need for manual intervention.  Additionally, when new zones are added, there would be randomness to which zone was live and for how long.  Only one zone would be live at anyone time, unless otherwise decided by Hunter, which again, would be configurable based on the design.  The intent is to keep players guessing and to create rareness in the game so items can't be perma-farmed while searching for those elite items.   

As new zones came online variety in drops could be expanded to help with itemization.  Providing Hunter the ability to tune/tweak content as well as controlling the frequency in which zones were live.

Keep in mind not only is the content difficult but the legendary item is rare.  So even if you do kill the named, which is a huge accomplishment in itself, there’s no guarantee the legendary item drops.  Because the zones are only live for a couple of days, there’s not a lot of time to figure out strategies.  This also encourages community via grouping with others or forming a guild.

I would be happy to help layout a design and/or work with Hate to develop the mechanism to make the framework possible.

Just my 2 cents.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678