Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:26:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: RoA Quest Fix  (Read 36137 times)
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »

idk i might..... i'd love to see antoher zone other then fire to that has good xp rate just b/c im tired of seeing fire....
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:11 pm »

My biggest complaint with the Ring of Ages (as a player who started here in August 2011) is that the benefit simply does not offset the time invested. When I started my first few ranks at T2, I was very proud of myself for getting a turn-in every hour or so, using SHM 3.0 and druid DS. Then, I did the math and decided to focus on progression, as that would give the same increase to hitpoints for ALL of my toons for the same time investment.

RoA struck me then, and now, as an item which only the uberest, most frustrated, or most ignorant players spend time on. Either there is nothing left to farm, and it makes sense to edge out a few more thousand hitpoints on a tank, you simply cannot take another round of (insert current grind here) and need a mindless RoA break, or you can't do cost-benefit-analysis to figure out that your time is best spent on progression (unless you actually like RoAing, in which case, you probably aren't wasting time reading page after page of players bitching about RoA taking too long. You're out there living the dream, mannn!).

Perhaps at the time it was implemented, the item was superior enough that the hours spent doing the 1-70 grind made sense. But, from my point of view, we're talking about spending an intended 50-100 hours to push Bubbin from 950k hp up to ~970k.

I'll pass.

The only thing that made the darn thing worth attaining was that solrotower could be used with pofire to turn in a ring every 13mins or so. Rank 100 would only have taken me 20-24 hours of playtime per toon, with the promise of putting unused AAs to work past rank 100. In short, I was weak. I got caught up by the shiny potential of RoA500.

So, I am actually thankful for these changes. They have made me reevaluate where my time is best spent--focusing on Anguish clears and finishing 5.5s. Unless you're at the gear ceiling and are tired of farming essences for the next big thing, there are too many better things that Hunter has created for you to do with your time on EZ, in my opinion.

Main: Bubbin
Rerkuv Vukrer

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:05 pm »

So, I am actually thankful for these changes. They have made me reevaluate where my time is best spent--focusing on Anguish clears and finishing 5.5s. Unless you're at the gear ceiling and are tired of farming essences for the next big thing, there are too many better things that Hunter has created for you to do with your time on EZ, in my opinion.

It's a catch 22.  With the addition of ROA past 100 and the new use of unused AA's, it is now almost mandatory to get one, lest you let your unused aa's go to waste.  The longer you are without a roa 100 the more and more you lose out on it's potential benefits.

That's the big reason for people scrambling to complete their ring.  For min/maxers who want to maximize their time, going without an ROA is not an option.  It has definitely become a "milestone" item now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2012, 07:56:56 am »

How about killing two birds with one stone? Have the named mobs drop sceptre 5's. Would still take quite a few to combine to 10, and would make that actually viable and allow those who lucked out on the draw to upgrade their sceptres.

This would add relevance to revamping both quests. IMHO charms should not drop, leave this for TOFS which we have been wanting for a year.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:58:34 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2012, 11:58:12 am »

How about killing two birds with one stone? Have the named mobs drop sceptre 5's
How about he just has uc2s drop to? Grind it out like it was intended slacker  Lips sealed
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2012, 02:11:28 pm »

How about killing two birds with one stone? Have the named mobs drop sceptre 5's. Would still take quite a few to combine to 10, and would make that actually viable and allow those who lucked out on the draw to upgrade their sceptres.

This would add relevance to revamping both quests. IMHO charms should not drop, leave this for TOFS which we have been wanting for a year.

ToFS yes yes yes!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »

+1

Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2012, 04:02:05 pm »

I'd love to see ToFS as discussed, but I don't think I'd pass up another exp zone that also drops V1s if that can be implemented faster/easier.

Main: Bubbin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061