Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 05:29:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: New players?  (Read 31577 times)
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 10:26:46 pm »

Thyl did you read through the whole thread? I do not always ask for help in /ooc.
I actually did read most of it. I admit not all, there is alot in this thread to read while I'm at work.  I understand you don't just sit in OOC. The point I was trying to make is you can't single toon this server, you have to box or group and make some lasting ties with people.

Honestly I'm confused about what you want now because your attitude shifted from first post to most recent and even seems contradictory inside some posts.

Generally i'd much rather do it myself though as i like knowing that i did it by myself without any aid from others.

This is kind of a weird comment to make after earlier on complaining about antisocial players. Do you want everything to be soloable?

Are you complaining the server style discourages new players because older players have an advantage?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am just having a bit of a disconnect. You got 3.0s after two weeks, even with your current playtime thats fairly quick compared to a while ago.

I played a Wiz on live, which I enjoyed, but the first toon I got to 70 here was a War because it met the needs of the situation. You have to at some point adjust your approach to the situation unless everything gets nerfed to being soloable.

I'm not sure whats so contradictery about what i said. I like to group with people and do so when ever i can. And try to help people when ever i can. And i do not ask for help on things i know i can do myself (such as fg/cg quest and epic 2.5 book as a few exampiles). No i do not want all things to be soloable. As that would defeat the purpose of playing a mmorpg. i do wish more people would allow others to group up with them. But i also know that many box characters out of a need as there is not many groups on this server.

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 09:44:47 am »

I like to see people willing to help out and show others the ropes of the server.

I, myself, am still learning on what to do, where to go, how to do things, etc.  These things obviously come with time and experience.

It is good to know there are those out there willing to do so.

That's why i suggested the LFG Meeting Place, so that you wouldn't have to call out in OOC.  If you want to help people that night, or you are someone who needs help yourself, go to the entrance area of SFG and hang out and talk to the others there.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 10:46:13 am »

Keep up that LFG spot and eventually it will catch on im sure.

New players will start using it, Old players will quit eventually, so yeah give it time and it will be used if you keep on it.

Tankzilla

View Profile
~
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 06:34:37 pm »

Would there be any way to put in the /LFG thing like in live? was a window that you could look for groups needing people and who is LFG also... I don't know if it would work on EMU i know theres some bugs with things like that, but would be a good start or something, and if that would not work out. Then you could try the LFG gathering place, or something like that... that would be a good idea, like guild hall or something *shrug*  I'm usably  up to help whoever tho.. just /t me sometime...

~Tankz~
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 08:44:01 pm »

Could also do a  server chat channel if enabled which would automatically add anyone that completes a tier to the next tier and remove them from the previous. When you finish 1.5 you are automatically added to the next channel with others that are working toward 2.0.

I'm pretty sure chat channels were enabled and functioning at one point on 1999, so unless I am mistaken it should be possible.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 09:08:55 pm »

i remember the who /join newplayer
commands, it would make a new channel then make you the moderator if you were the creator.

wonder if we can get it working here

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 08:50:55 am »

A LFG chat channel would be awesome.  It would take the asking for help aspect out of OOC which was the original intention.

I came up with the LFG Meeting Place idea because I am sure people get tired of seeing it all over the OOC channel.  However, there are some people out there who like helping others and of course those that need the help - and this was an idea on how to possibly create a place for that stuff to be carried out without it being all over the OOC channel.

I also thought it would be nice to have a place to just meet face to face and then go from there.

Rob Smiley
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 08:58:30 am »

On my other server they had a vent set up for it.  Was only about 25 people out of 100 ever in it.  Saying how most people box it might help alote more.  Personally I don't mind ooc being the way it is.  Lot better then no one talking at all.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:27 am »

Now I'm not saying any of this as a slight to the boxers or vets, however it may sound. So don't take it that way.

I think a part of the problem with "catching up" to said boxers and veterans is that there is no incentive to do anything in a zone other than the one zone they are currently farming for gear/epic drops.

Got your 1.5(s)? You're done with TimeA. 2.0(s) out of the way? Why spend hours farming cards for LDoN gear if you can just skip to farming... whatever's next Qvic I guess Tongue

I think the problem isn't so much that people are antisocial as much as zones become pointless for them to return to. Even people who are RoAing will just go to 3-4 zones in their span from 1-70.

If we want more pickup groups for the non-endgame stuff, we need to provide some benefits to everyone involved, not just the handful of people who need that epic drop or whatnot.

Oh, and give clerics and enchanters some motivation to be played as anything other than 5th or 6th boxes. It's rare to get a viable group going because everyone is a monk or warrior or pet class (says the monk Tongue )

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 03:47:26 pm »

OP does have a point in that, bosses dropping only one page/token/book discourages grouping up.

I play with some friends of mine, and we usually  have about 1-2 spots open in our group.  However, there's never really any point to filling it with lfg people, since they're not going to get anything out of it.   If bosses dropped a page/token per person, then you bet I would be looking to fill out the group.   But if I'm say, running through LDON to get a friend their pages, it's just a bit annoying to have to wait around 15 mins per boss per extra person, (assuming no other groups) ..so we don't do it. :S

I don't really see a problem with a group of 6 chars/boxes getting all their epics together instead of killing the same boss 6 times in a row.   Sure it'd be faster but it might also encourage grouping more.

Balthor2
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 01:33:36 am »

It would be nice if there was a reason to group with random people.
I tried to get a group on my alt druid where I could just 3.0 buff some tank and leech up some aa but was totally ignored.
Thought maybe a 3.0 regen buff would get me accepted in to a group of brand new players in BoT or time but no.
So I just loaded my own toons and farmed some aa while running someone else through LDONs
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 09:22:06 am »

I feel the OP's pain.  I'm limited to 2-3 boxes normally so I can't complete a lot of content by myself.  I've been playing for about a month and I have 4 characters with 1.5's and Time gear.  Every single day I try to get groups; I've gotten 3 since joining.  I've tried several times to join a guild, even with support of members within the guild, and still have yet to receive a guild invite.

I enjoy playing EQ and I enjoy EZ, it's just a pain in the ass for new people to get anything done.

Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 09:55:22 am »

If I am on look me up.  I am willing to help anyone if I am not doing something pressing. 

Warriorstack
Halfstack
Bardstack
Rangerstack
Ihealpeople
Isummon

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 12:04:37 pm »

Since I've gotten my 3.0s, I've been spending a lot of time helping guildies out. I figure I got so much help getting to where I am in such a short time, it's time to return the favour to the next generation of EZs. Or the alts of people that helped me.

In the process, I like to invite random people that are looking lost/helpless in the zone. If we're farming epic pages I tend to tell them that the pages are reserved but they're welcome to have some loot and a crapton of AA xp (PoTime/LDoN.)

I found that people are usually quite amenable to that. At least, the people that are genuinely in need of the XP/loot and not ONLY after their pages.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 08:15:05 am »

Honestly..

the OP seems like a young kid that has high expectations for progression, and when hits a wall, throws a fit.

How long? TWO WEEKS?? Are you serious?

I've put over 3-4 months into this game, solid. And just now getting a 3.0 or two on my toons.  I had a post like you not that long ago. Called "Punching through qvic." Asking for HELP on what are some SUGGESTIONS to GET THROUGH IT MYSELF. If you "want it done yourself" so badly, your thread should have read more like mine.

Stop your bitching man. There is a valid point somewhere in your post, but you're honestly just whining. (By this point in the thread, I bet he has a couple 3.0's). Sounds like he went through days and days of 12 hour play-binging and got upset when he couldn't roll through the next amt of content.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)