Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 04:09:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: New players?  (Read 31559 times)
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2010, 09:28:33 am »

While I agree with your assesment Sohami you REALLY need to start looking at post dates.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2010, 10:00:45 am »

=(

damnit to hell
krokgob86

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2010, 06:35:49 am »

i am a new player : got a char (Paladin 70) and I must say that I will stop on this server (maybe?) because it's become to hard to do the quests and i don't want *buy*  help or just beg help...
i've try the FG quest : mass farming (boring) and unable to achieve by myself (frustrating), i've try other quests : prestige, ok to restart from level 1 but doing this for ever is juste insane??

Or maybe I miss something?

I must say that leveling on this server is plaisant and nice but at level 7à I am stuck because it's to hardcore with a lot of farming...
Balthor2
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2010, 01:04:54 pm »

I look back on the start of Epic Fail and think "man people have it easy."
I was crawling along slow as a snail attempting content when I started sending people tells. Asked questions and was a total newb. Slowly I built up a network of friends and together we punched through content.
One of my (now deleted) earliest screen shots was 4 of us busting up Qvic and Tacvi and then PoD T1 together.
At that time only 2 of us boxed anything, I played the group warrior and cleric, we had a mained mage, necro, rogue and a beastlord boxed a paladin.
Not to long ago people would farm 1-2 guild sets to trade for a qvic run which got 1-2 of the primary classes flagged and a 3.0.
Tacvi gear has almost always been announced in ooc as rot and FFA.

I know with the newish economy and people perma farming the non instance of zones it can suck but really you only need to email hunter to get a guild created OR join FG/CG and make your own instance.
Even if you have to crawl through qvic it only takes a hour or two to have enough pp to pay for a 100k instance AND if you put in a few solid hours you can farm enough extra items to sell and make back your 100k investment.

I have always advised sending random people of your class or level range a tell and ask them questions. Be polite and get to know people. Be a raging dick like Balthor The_Mean once you get all powerful and crap. At the start get a good rep, try to not ask to many stupid questions in ooc.
Google is your friend.
If anyone needs a temporary guild tag I think between me and Xiggie we have 3 or 5 guilds we can invite people into so they can get instances.

If you are a new level 70 just work on AA until you get a couple hundred it should only take a few hours of solid farming and its worth it.

hmm lost my train of thought and its food time. /cheers
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2010, 01:12:31 pm »

Polite clap for Balthor's excellent post.  I started this summer and got my first toon to 70 in a day.  My son started as well.  I saved and did fg/cg for my toons and two and three boxed and now I am in t1 farming again, that is, when I am not working.  This server takes time for achievement but what doesn't take time for achievement in this world?
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2010, 10:09:13 am »

Yeah I agree, when I first started this server I played for a month not caring wtf was ahead of me.  I mean I did not even know there was a 3.0 or 2.5 I just went through normal progression on a mage.  Went to BoT and got all the gear I needed and stuff.  After that I've come to realise you have to either box toons, join a guild or have a static group you login with all the time.  Yes its tough getting to where I am and takes alot of time, but it can be done.

Poop
Balthor2
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2010, 03:07:17 pm »

God I remember what it was like back then. Running around bot with my cleric like perma invis because his armor was so ugly to look at. I swear I had his heal hotkey set to cast a heal on me then click CoS Wink
I kept a few of the old screen shots and I'll post them up at some point in time.
EZ was a different beast back then.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2010, 03:41:48 pm »

my all time favorite screenshot from leveling in BoT.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)