Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 02:23:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Deconstruction  (Read 6896 times)
Bladethorn

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 08:34:59 am »

Just curious if there has been any talk in the past of the ability to deconstruct certain items that have been created in the magic box.. eg, Blue Diamond armor. Possibly limited to a class like a chanter, chance of failure consumes the item? Haven't really thought through possible negative ramifications, just curious what you guys thought. A positive would be to retain some of the component investment value rolled into creating something that has lost it's overall value to a change in game dynamic (ROA releveling). Not even sure I have seen a reverse engineering functionality in a game.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:58 am »

Just curious if there has been any talk in the past of the ability to deconstruct certain items that have been created in the magic box.. eg, Blue Diamond armor. Possibly limited to a class like a chanter, chance of failure consumes the item? Haven't really thought through possible negative ramifications, just curious what you guys thought. A positive would be to retain some of the component investment value rolled into creating something that has lost it's overall value to a change in game dynamic (ROA releveling). Not even sure I have seen a reverse engineering functionality in a game.

Whoa, WoW........
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:13:47 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 03:04:45 pm »

aka "Disenchanting"...

some people are stuck on WoW Tongue
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 03:14:50 pm »

Honestly, I think one should be able to simply "sell" it back for the cost of the ore. As leveling is now a one time deal and speed leveling alts isn't a problem, the armor does see little use now.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 04:14:38 pm »

Honestly, I think one should be able to simply "sell" it back for the cost of the ore. As leveling is now a one time deal and speed leveling alts isn't a problem, the armor does see little use now.

-Hate

aye

-Hate"
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »

yeah, blue diamond armor is 100% worthless now
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »

What can we do with Diamond armor, to give people a reason to make it or wear it?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 05:23:57 pm »

xp bonus worn effect..

-Hate"
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »

What can we do with Diamond armor, to give people a reason to make it or wear it?

There needs to be a specific purpose for wearing the Armour.  This is good example:

xp bonus worn effect..

What about a "Blue Diamond" zone that can only be entered while wearing the armour.  The zone could have bonus XP beyond PoFire and other desirable items for players (eg. GLGs, Charms, Aug Mats, etc).

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 05:42:37 pm »

There needs to be a specific purpose for wearing the Armour.  This is good example:

xp bonus worn effect..

What about a "Blue Diamond" zone that can only be entered while wearing the armour.  The zone could have bonus XP beyond PoFire and other desirable items for players (eg. GLGs, Charms, Aug Mats, etc).

That would make it .. very Desirable!! nice Idea Strix!

-Hate"
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »

+1 Strix

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »

xp bonus worn effect..

10% per piece worn
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 09:30:47 pm »

Worn XP bonus or flag for a zone with enhanced XP = awesome ideas, and in line with the spirit of the original purpose of the armor.

Love it.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 09:47:05 pm »

I would say the xp bonus effect is fitting for the original intent of the armor. A new "blue diamond only" zone with loot and stuff is a bit much. Were getting T7 and ToFS soon anyways right? =)
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 08:41:33 am »

Thanks guys, the real question driving my original post was what can we do with this stuff. Simply frustrated when I see the banked set that I've got time and cash in, that has lost it's purpose. I've never played WoW, so I've not seen the effect of scrap/disassembling mechanic in a game.

xp bonus worn effect..

100% agree. awesome ideas.. xp enhancement/exclusive zone would retain the spirit of the armor and maintain interest and value in the set. 

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 262